Social Liberals tie with Social Conservatives

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
On Social Ideology the Left Catches Up to the Right

According to the Gallup poll, the nation really is shifting leftward on social issues. Evident by the first Gallup poll in it's history to not have more people identify as social conservatives then social liberals ever. The shift is much more pronounced among Democrats and Independents, which will make for an interesting situation for the GOP primary.

There was also a slight decline in fiscal conservatives, but they retain a significant edge in that regard.

Yeah sure, and according to Gallup Obama has a 53% approval rating.

more propaganda coming at you trying to make it seem the everyone is in love love love with the LEFT ideas. BS

Gallup has went to the LEFT. I wouldn't take their word on anything today

Yeah sure, and according to Gallup Obama has a 53% approval rating.

more propaganda coming at you trying to make it seem the everyone is in love love love with the LEFT ideas. BS

Gallup has went to the LEFT. I wouldn't take their word on anything today
A nice pic of Stephanie visiting the White House. Guess who she is:

girls-throws-tantrum-in-front-of-obama.jpg

Republican lawmakers will continue to let social issues be dictated from the pulpit until the lord calls home the very last of the American Taliban.

The social conservatives have always been the problem with the right - the very idea of social conservatism in this nation is 100 percent counter to the idea of smaller less intrusive government. One CANNOT exist within the same framework as the other. It is the doublethink that the right has to deal with.

I wait with bated breath for them to shed that part of the party but have no real hope of them actually managing it.

The social conservatives have always been the problem with the right - the very idea of social conservatism in this nation is 100 percent counter to the idea of smaller less intrusive government. One CANNOT exist within the same framework as the other. It is the doublethink that the right has to deal with.

I wait with bated breath for them to shed that part of the party but have no real hope of them actually managing it.

really, so much for Representation FOR EVERYONE in this country
no big tent from you eh?

Yes, they make the GOP seem rather schizophrenic, trying to reconcile the views of fiscal conservatives and social conservatives is impossible but somehow they keep on electing war-loving poor people hating "Christians".

no big tent from you eh?
I am not represented by anyone so no - right now there certainly is not representation for everyone.

Simply put - we have 2 big government parties in this nation. The republicans talk all the time about small government and fiscal sanity and then propose EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Big tent away - just don't mix 2 ideologies that are incompatible at their very core.

It is like trying to be a Marxist Capitalist. The very idea is silly.

no big tent from you eh?
I am not represented by anyone so no - right now there certainly is not representation for everyone.

Simply put - we have 2 big government parties in this nation. The republicans talk all the time about small government and fiscal sanity and then propose EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Big tent away - just don't mix 2 ideologies that are incompatible at their very core.

I won't disagree with what you say there. but you were dumping on Social Conservatives. I don't where you came up they can't be for smaller Government. no big deal. it just caught my attention

According to the Gallup poll, the nation really is shifting leftward on social issues. Evident by the first Gallup poll in it's history to not have more people identify as social conservatives then social liberals ever. The shift is much more pronounced among Democrats and Independents, which will make for an interesting situation for the GOP primary.

There was also a slight decline in fiscal conservatives, but they retain a significant edge in that regard.

You can read whatever you need into it if it make you feel better. You're such a partisan hack. HOW is this going to affect a Primary? since you seem to know it all.

no big tent from you eh?

I won't disagree with what you say there. but you were dumping on Social Conservatives. I don't where you came up they can't be for smaller Government. no big deal. it just caught my attention
They want to ban a bunch of "sinful" stuff and don't seem to care if it is constitutional or not. Bans mean the state is fully involved in stuff that is none of their business. That's why they do not really believe in small government.

no big tent from you eh?

Because the social conservative position naturally requires MORE government involvement. That is what social conservatism essentially is - the mandate that the government enforce some set of morality.

You can read whatever you need into it if it make you feel better. You're such a partisan hack. HOW is this going to affect a Primary? since you seem to know it all.
He may be BUT this WILL eventually affect the primary.

The reality is that the moral majority has a massive pull within the GOP - lessen that pull and you will end up with candidates that do not support the hardliner social agenda. Already gay marriage is becoming an accepted reality - in a few years it will utterly disappear from candidates positions. Other issues may follow. I think other issues will.

I would think that most of the country leans left on social issues and leans right on fiscal issues.

"Leans" doesn't mean all or nothing, blind absolutism, by the way.

It's only the partisan ideologues who are just one or the other. Unfortunately they make the most noise.

In terms of self declared liberals in general, they're at an all time high, gobbling up moderates like Pacman. While self declared conservatives are a point off an all time low.

I think the growth of liberalism is three fold. One, conservatives have gotten a little batshit and ideologocal extreme. From gay marrige to global warming to their treatment of the poor to their obsequeous fawning over the wealthy to their very narrow view points.....the big tent party isn't that big anymore. With the rallying cry of many a conservative being 'RINO!'.

From the outside, it doesn't look appealing.

Second, the wealth gap is fucking insane. 400 families have more wealth than the bottom 50% of the nation. 95% of income growth was horded among the 1%. While median incomes are generally stagnant, after taking a major hit in 2009. Almost all stock transactions are by hedge funds, with trades by regular folks accounting for slightly less than 1% of all trades.

And people are noticing. Many moderates see this and think its a problem. Most conservatives don't. Which pushes moderates toward liberalism.

Third.......there's a growing sense that if you're working a full 40, you should be able to live. That you should be able to have a roof over your head, cloth yourself and your family, have enough food, have medical care. That if you're working and making a valuable contribution to society, that the fruits of your labor should produce that much. And in many instances, it doesn't.

I fully expect that the candidate that the GOP selects next year will decide if the party chooses ideology or electability. They really can't have both anymore.

no big tent from you eh?

Because the social conservative position naturally requires MORE government involvement. That is what social conservatism essentially is - the mandate that the government enforce some set of morality.

hum, I think you have that backwards. but no matter.

Gallup is a pretty reliable source. Its probably better for you to simply recognize the world as it is. As Confirmation Bias is notoriously unreliable. You may feel better in the short term. But your ability to accurately predict events goes right into the shitter.

I fully expect that the candidate that the GOP selects next year will decide if the party chooses ideology or electability. They really can't have both anymore.

No, the ideology is just too extreme.

Oh my goodness, liberals is at all time high

that must by why the PEOPLE kicked them into minority in congress under a left/liberal President with only SIX YEARS of his reign of terror over all them LIBERALS.....LOL

man oh man. you libs have such high and mighty thoughts of your selves. it cracks me up really

Forum List

Back