Social Liberals tie with Social Conservatives

The social conservatives have always been the problem with the right - the very idea of social conservatism in this nation is 100 percent counter to the idea of smaller less intrusive government. One CANNOT exist within the same framework as the other. It is the doublethink that the right has to deal with.

I wait with bated breath for them to shed that part of the party but have no real hope of them actually managing it.

really, so much for Representation FOR EVERYONE in this country
no big tent from you eh?
I am not represented by anyone so no - right now there certainly is not representation for everyone.

Simply put - we have 2 big government parties in this nation. The republicans talk all the time about small government and fiscal sanity and then propose EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Big tent away - just don't mix 2 ideologies that are incompatible at their very core.

It is like trying to be a Marxist Capitalist. The very idea is silly.

I won't disagree with what you say there. but you were dumping on Social Conservatives. I don't where you came up they can't be for smaller Government. no big deal. it just caught my attention
Because the social conservative position naturally requires MORE government involvement. That is what social conservatism essentially is - the mandate that the government enforce some set of morality.

hum, I think you have that backwards. but no matter.
Really? Outlawing abortion requires LESS government regulation, enforcement and intrusion? Defining who you can and cannot marry? The war on drugs? Need I go on? No, I need not - it is obvious that to enforce moralistic standards you require massive government. The republican party just does not want to admit that.

The social conservatives have always been the problem with the right - the very idea of social conservatism in this nation is 100 percent counter to the idea of smaller less intrusive government. One CANNOT exist within the same framework as the other. It is the doublethink that the right has to deal with.

I wait with bated breath for them to shed that part of the party but have no real hope of them actually managing it.

no big tent from you eh?
I am not represented by anyone so no - right now there certainly is not representation for everyone.

Simply put - we have 2 big government parties in this nation. The republicans talk all the time about small government and fiscal sanity and then propose EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Big tent away - just don't mix 2 ideologies that are incompatible at their very core.

I won't disagree with what you say there. but you were dumping on Social Conservatives. I don't where you came up they can't be for smaller Government. no big deal. it just caught my attention
Because the social conservative position naturally requires MORE government involvement. That is what social conservatism essentially is - the mandate that the government enforce some set of morality.

Thinking is definitely not your strong suit.

I would think that most of the country leans left on social issues and leans right on fiscal issues.

"Leans" doesn't mean all or nothing, blind absolutism, by the way.

It's only the partisan ideologues who are just one or the other. Unfortunately they make the most noise.

well now. it's not like this post was quiet. lol
well said

no big tent from you eh?

Really? Outlawing abortion requires LESS government regulation, enforcement and intrusion? Defining who you can and cannot marry? The war on drugs? Need I go on? No, I need not - it is obvious that to enforce moralistic standards you require massive government. The republican party just does not want to admit that.

No one is calling to outlaw abortion and if they are it is a SMALL group of people. Mostly they are calling to put certain limits on it, which won't stop anyone from not getting to kill their offspring.

You all don't mind them wanting to out law certain things. Like SOME wants to outlaw our right to bear arms. so you are wrong. there is people in both groups that calls for all kinds of government intrusion into our lives...HOW About ObamaCare? how wonderful is that Government intrusion into our lives. sign up or pay a fine.

No one is calling to outlaw abortion and if they are it is a SMALL group of people. Mostly they are calling to put certain limits on it, which won't stop anyone from not getting to kill their offspring.

You all don't mind them wanting to out law certain things. Like SOME wants to outlaw our right to bear arms. so you are wrong. there is people in both groups that calls for all kinds of government intrusion into our lives...HOW About ObamaCare? how wonderful is that Government intrusion into our lives. sign up or pay a fine.
What does either of those topics have to do with social conservative big government?

You jumped right onto liberal issues which have nothing to do with anything I have stated.

On Social Ideology the Left Catches Up to the Right

According to the Gallup poll, the nation really is shifting leftward on social issues. Evident by the first Gallup poll in it's history to not have more people identify as social conservatives then social liberals ever. The shift is much more pronounced among Democrats and Independents, which will make for an interesting situation for the GOP primary.

There was also a slight decline in fiscal conservatives, but they retain a significant edge in that regard.

In the meantime the economy will continue as it is. Dream jobs will now be working at McDonald's. It will be just a matter of time before people are forced to vote republican. Think of it like an anaconda slowly wrapping around its prey.

The reason that the country is leaning more to the left now than before is because of millenials (who see nothing wrong with marijuana or gay marriage), as well as the internet (which lets you find out the truth about things, if you can sift through all the other crap they try to pass off as truth).

Nope................people are getting better informed about their world and the people in it, which makes them less scared.

The more you know about something, the less scared you are of it.

Yeah sure, and according to Gallup Obama has a 53% approval rating.

more propaganda coming at you trying to make it seem the everyone is in love love love with the LEFT ideas. BS

Gallup has went to the LEFT. I wouldn't take their word on anything today
Why don't you just admit that you would reject ANY poll that shows favoritism toward progressive issues? You just like to delude yourself. It doesn't matter what evidence you see that contradicts your conservative beliefs, you will dismiss it. It's so childish. You know that right?

Forum List

Back