Soak the Rich, Lose the Rich

You can't keep saying its justified or fair to force people to pay for other people's perks.

That is the real problem with the Dems, they keep trying to use slogans like 'pay their fair share' for something they know is inherently unfair.

As I have been saying for 6 months or more, if you over tax the rich will leave and you won't see any added revenue, they are very good at keeping your hands off their money.

Leave! I'm sure there are some young up and coming companies that would love to take their god damn market share.

Bye bye!!! :funnyface::muahaha::woohoo::banned03::party::gives::booze:

once a clown, always a clown, don't forget your shoes ........

clown-shoes-red-yellow500.jpg

Too funny. How about if tomorrow I take a survey of young Obama voters and ask how many think people making $20 million a year should be taxed at 100%? I'll provide you with my results and you can take back the "liar" charge?

(That was rhetorical - I do that too). :lol:
Your "results" would be no more believable than anything else you've posted.

Help the rich move jobs overseas. Vote Republican!!!!

If it wasn't cheaper to move those jobs, they would stay here.

Face it, America can produce nothing that the world can afford to buy. We have effectively priced ourselves out of the market for all production goods.

Look around, even with the added burden of carrying the rest of us losers, the wealthy in this country are doing rather well for themselves.

You're right editec. Those numbers must be based on Obama's original idea to tax the entire amount. But the employer (self) has to match. That would come to about 30% of salary. It's closer to $75,000. Still a lot of moolah.

Oh and I've been working since I was 14. I currently have three jobs. Don't worry. I've got you covered, I'm sure.

And Dr. Gregg - hyperbole is my schtick. If you don't care for it, try the ignore button.
Not only do you lie about taxes, you lie about teaching math. The employer matching the 6.2% tax rate on the first $106,800 comes to 12.4% not 30% and equals $13,243.20 not $75,000. And even if Obama wanted to remove the cap, which I'm not aware of and you didn't provide a link, that would only come to $31,000 not $75,000.

You lie like a typical CON$ervative.

And I'm not Editec.

I never said that I taught math and according the social security calculator link

Social Security: 12.4% on your first $106,800 of wages
Medicare: 2.9% on all your wages

Total FICA: 15.3% maximium

Payroll Tax Calculator -Social Security and Medicare Contributions and Wage Limits - 2000 through 2009 and 2010

I'm not going to try and pretend to understand why they would include the employer match in the 12.4%, but that is most certainly not a LIE on my part.

This is from the tax foundation - 2008.

These numbers do not include Senator Obama's proposal to remove the cap on earnings subject to Social Security taxes, currently $102,000 a year. He argues that removing the cap will bring in additional revenue that will prevent or at least postpone Social Security's move from surpluses to deficits expected to occur in the 2010's. Some disagree that tax increases will succeed in this purpose, and it would be a substantial tax hike with no increase in the benefits they receive.

The Tax Foundation - Obama Would Lift Social Security Earnings Cap, But At A Lower Tax Rate

So back to my question again. What's a good number?

So they should stop their fucking whining about how put upon they are.

How about you and Obama stop whining about what they have and leave the money THEY EARNED alone .............

Awww, the poor wealthy.

I don't know how they mange to keep up with the payments on their mansions, and Bentleys, and private jets what with the crushing tax burden that's placed on their shoulders.

My heart bleeds for them.

How about you and Obama stop whining about what they have and leave the money THEY EARNED alone .............

Awww, the poor wealthy.

I don't know how they mange to keep up with the payments on their mansions, and Bentleys, and private jets what with the crushing tax burden that's placed on their shoulders.

I don't know how all of them do it, but i know how Dodd, Bawney Fwank and Pelosi do it ......:eusa_whistle:

I don't think anyone wants your sympathy. They just want to keep half their dough. Don't you?

Yeah, that would be nice. But reality is reality and I don't care who's in Washington, or the state, or the local government, we're still goint to get screwed out of our money and any changes will be fractional in either direction.

That I can agree with.

The good news is that, according to the Obama administration, the rich will pay for everything. The bad news is that, according to the Obama administration, you're rich.
P. J. O'Rourke

You're right editec. Those numbers must be based on Obama's original idea to tax the entire amount. But the employer (self) has to match. That would come to about 30% of salary. It's closer to $75,000. Still a lot of moolah.

Oh and I've been working since I was 14. I currently have three jobs. Don't worry. I've got you covered, I'm sure.

And Dr. Gregg - hyperbole is my schtick. If you don't care for it, try the ignore button.
Not only do you lie about taxes, you lie about teaching math. The employer matching the 6.2% tax rate on the first $106,800 comes to 12.4% not 30% and equals $13,243.20 not $75,000. And even if Obama wanted to remove the cap, which I'm not aware of and you didn't provide a link, that would only come to $31,000 not $75,000.

You lie like a typical CON$ervative.

And I'm not Editec.

I never said that I taught math and according the social security calculator link

Social Security: 12.4% on your first $106,800 of wages
Medicare: 2.9% on all your wages

Total FICA: 15.3% maximium
Payroll Tax Calculator -Social Security and Medicare Contributions and Wage Limits - 2000 through 2009 and 2010

I'm not going to try and pretend to understand why they would include the employer match in the 12.4%, but that is most certainly not a LIE on my part.
Your lie was claiming SS was 30% of the full $250,000. Even adding in Medicare only takes you to 15.3%. And Obama said any additional SS tax would be only over $250,000 so you are still stuck at 15.3% so you are still well short of your original $97K and later $75,000 lies. But keep spinning, you are very amusing.

Awww, the poor wealthy.

hey....smartass.....in NYC 250K does not buy you a mansion a yacht and a string of poloponies.

250K is middle class at best.

I know...I know.....move if I dont like it.

Better yet...have some resppnsibility and get a job that pays well.....you know...one where it is not all about how many vacation days you get.

Awww, the poor wealthy.

hey....smartass.....in NYC 250K does not buy you a mansion a yacht and a string of poloponies.

Better yet...have some resppnsibility and get a job that pays well.....you know...one where it is not all about how many vacation days you get.

I also live on Long Island, on the North shore of Suffolk County about a stones throw from the water.

I retired at fifty. I'll be sixty next month.

I do very well.

That was my point. And if people think that $250K is rich, wait until they start coming after the $150K earners, then the $75K...

The uber rich will always have fancy accountants who know how to manipulate the tax code.
And so the upper middle class will carry the load. Until they are broke. And then it will be the middle middle class...

Awww, the poor wealthy.

I also live on Long Island, on the North shore of Suffolk County about a stones throw from the water.

I do very well.

If that's all true then you're crazy to support Obama's policies ......

Awww, the poor wealthy.

I do very well.

Good for you. And I have no doubt you deserve what you have acheived. But then you should know how 250K is by no means deemed as rich in our neck of the woods.

To think that someone who makes 250K in Montana is no more comfortable than someone with the same income in NYC is naive..amd I wrong?

And the "job" thing was directed to a collective...not you in particular...

Forum List

Back