More Hope and Change

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
"Remember signing statements? Those were the dastardly little postscripts George Bush attached to legislation that he didn’t completely approve of. Signing statements ignore the “fundamental principle’’ of the separation of powers, the American Bar Association huffed. On the campaign trail, candidate Obama was asked, “Do you promise not to use presidential [signing statements] to get your way?’’ “Yes,’’ he answered. “I taught the Constitution for 10 years, I believe in the Constitution, and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We are not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end run around Congress.’’

That was easy!

Less easy is explaining away his six signing statements so far, an impressive one-a-month clip. “Signing statements serve a legitimate function in our system,’’ Obama now says, “at least when based on well-founded constitutional objections.’’ Mr. President, meet my friend George Orwell, inventor of Newspeak, who memorably wrote, “Political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness.’’

New bushwa same as the old bushwa? It’s a lot less different than we had been led to believe

Recycling rubbish at the White House - The Boston Globe

:lol:

Just add it to the ever growing list of broken promised "change".:eusa_whistle:

The "yes we can" slogan worked well but they left out the rest of it. What was really being said was "yeas we can, fool these fools".

The "yes we can" slogan worked well but they left out the rest of it. What was really being said was "yeas we can, fool these fools".

Another step taken toward unding the real meaning of Hope and Change. This is less amusing with every passing day.

Does anyone know anybody who has lost a job and is having trouble finding another one?

I do.

Another step taken toward unding the real meaning of Hope and Change. This is less amusing with every passing day.

Does anyone know anybody who has lost a job and is having trouble finding another one?

I do.

I know of 5 people that have lost jobs within the past 4 months. 1 has found a replacement. I know of 6 that have graduated university within the past 6 months, all are working at near minimum wage levels, some part-time, some full-time; none in anything related to fields of study.

Put this one right up there with his promise not to hold foreign nationals indefinitely without trial -- which he and Eric Holder now say they are going to do with some of the Gitmo detainees -- and his lampooning of McCain's proposal during the campaign to tax health benefits -- which he now refuses to take off the Obamacare table -- and you start to get just a little part of the actual picture.

unemployement and underemployement is what is killing our economy...you cant spread around what you dont have

President-elect Barack Obama lays out key parts of Economic Recovery Plan | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team
Dec 6, 2008 ... President-elect Barack Obama lays out key parts of Economic Recovery Plan ... which will save or create 2.5 million jobs in the next two years. ... Second, we will create millions of jobs by making the single largest new...

Smart of him to put a target date in this one doncha think?

Obama says stimulus can save up to 4 million jobs - Jan. 10, 2009

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/us/politics/11radio.html

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Economy
President Obama signed legislation to jumpstart our economy, the American ... The plan will save or create 3.5 million new jobs

PSALM 2008-2012

OBAMA IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT.
HE LEADETH ME BESIDE THE STILL FACTORIES.
HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.
HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT.

YEA, THOUGH I WALK THRU THE VALLEY
OF THE BREAD LINE, I SHALL NOT GO HUNGRY.
OBAMA HAS ANOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES.
MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME.
SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF HIS TERM.
FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD.
BUT I AM GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN, I AM GLAD THAT I AM FREE. BUT I WISH I WAS A DOG AND OBAMA WAS A TREE.

Too many Americans grew tired of being thought to be dumb by the rest of the world,
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.

There are two types of folks living today. Ones who remember the Carter era and ones who are about to learn it!

PSALM 2008-2012

FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD.
BUT I AM GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN, I AM GLAD THAT I AM FREE. BUT I WISH I WAS A DOG AND OBAMA WAS A TREE.

Too many Americans grew tired of being thought to be dumb by the rest of the world,

There are two types of folks living today. Ones who remember the Carter era and ones who are about to learn it!

This is going to make Carter years look freaking great.

PSALM 2008-2012

:lol::lol::lol:

3710364378_39c75f3348_o.jpg

............... one good turn deserves another............. :lol:

"Remember signing statements? Those were the dastardly little postscripts George Bush attached to legislation that he didn’t completely approve of. Signing statements ignore the “fundamental principle’’ of the separation of powers, the American Bar Association huffed. On the campaign trail, candidate Obama was asked, “Do you promise not to use presidential [signing statements] to get your way?’’ “Yes,’’ he answered. “I taught the Constitution for 10 years, I believe in the Constitution, and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We are not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end run around Congress.’’

That was easy!

Less easy is explaining away his six signing statements so far, an impressive one-a-month clip. “Signing statements serve a legitimate function in our system,’’ Obama now says, “at least when based on well-founded constitutional objections.’’ Mr. President, meet my friend George Orwell, inventor of Newspeak, who memorably wrote, “Political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness.’’

New bushwa same as the old bushwa? It’s a lot less different than we had been led to believe

Recycling rubbish at the White House - The Boston Globe

:lol:

The expiration date of that statement has arrived, as do all the expiration dates of his campaign "promises".

I do.

I know several

Forum List

Back