So what's up with this?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Well, it seems to now be a trend in the NFL to follow the lead of a sub-par backup QB and disrespect the National Anthem before every game. Never mind that a few years ago, another sub-par backup QB knelt in the end zone to honor God and was basically run out of the NFL. But, such are the times we live in. I fully expect a tranny to be crowned Miss America in the next few years... that's where our fucked-up society is heading.

Personally, I think the only tangible and productive thing to come from Colin Kaepernick's little protest was to cause some journalists to actually learn how to spell his last name. However, I happened to see this photo on social media over the weekend and it caught my eye...

hmm.jpg

So what's up with this guy? He's kneeling but also has his hand over heart. Is that like "covering all bases" or something? "Hey, I wanna stand with my bruhs but I likes my million-dollar salary too!" I love it... let me make a statement but not too much of a statement that my latest endorsement deal cancels out!

It;'s really sad to me that on the anniversary of 9/11, we see grown men who make six and seven-figure incomes playing a game, staring aimlessly at the ground during the National Anthem like they are ashamed of being Americans. Maybe they ought to be ashamed. Ashamed of themselves for exploiting their public position to make some kind of statement against the country that enabled them to live their dreams. Ashamed of being pathetic role models for thousands of young boys who hope to one day make it to the NFL. Or even in the case of that one guy who must be ashamed he can't seem to make up his mind whether to honor or disrespect the country.

And really now, what is this all about? What is supposed to be accomplished with this? We're going to reinforce this racist and bigoted thinking that white people hate black people? Or maybe it's COPS who hate black people? I don't know anymore, I'm a bit confused myself. So yes... while the National Anthem was sung, I too knelt down by my television set.... and unplugged it from the wall. Goodbye NFL... I'm done with you!

Well, it seems to now be a trend in the NFL to follow the lead of a sub-par backup QB and disrespect the National Anthem before every game. Never mind that a few years ago, another sub-par backup QB knelt in the end zone to honor God and was basically run out of the NFL. But, such are the times we live in. I fully expect a tranny to be crowned Miss America in the next few years... that's where our fucked-up society is heading.

Personally, I think the only tangible and productive thing to come from Colin Kaepernick's little protest was to cause some journalists to actually learn how to spell his last name. However, I happened to see this photo on social media over the weekend and it caught my eye...

View attachment 89132

So what's up with this guy? He's kneeling but also has his hand over heart. Is that like "covering all bases" or something? "Hey, I wanna stand with my bruhs but I likes my million-dollar salary too!" I love it... let me make a statement but not too much of a statement that my latest endorsement deal cancels out!

It;'s really sad to me that on the anniversary of 9/11, we see grown men who make six and seven-figure incomes playing a game, staring aimlessly at the ground during the National Anthem like they are ashamed of being Americans. Maybe they ought to be ashamed. Ashamed of themselves for exploiting their public position to make some kind of statement against the country that enabled them to live their dreams. Ashamed of being pathetic role models for thousands of young boys who hope to one day make it to the NFL. Or even in the case of that one guy who must be ashamed he can't seem to make up his mind whether to honor or disrespect the country.

And really now, what is this all about? What is supposed to be accomplished with this? We're going to reinforce this racist and bigoted thinking that white people hate black people? Or maybe it's COPS who hate black people? I don't know anymore, I'm a bit confused myself. So yes... while the National Anthem was sung, I too knelt down by my television set.... and unplugged it from the wall. Goodbye NFL... I'm done with you!

It opens discussion and even though you may disagree with the protest the reality is the players have their right to do this and I will not deny them this right.

It opens discussion and even though you may disagree with the protest the reality is the players have their right to do this and I will not deny them this right.

Well you see, I don't personally think they DO have that right. Freedom of speech is to protect you from the government infringing on your right to political speech. It doesn't apply to private organizations or the workplace. You do not have "freedom of speech" when you're representing your employer. They can fire your ass in a heartbeat if they don't like something you say. These guys are not being paid the kind of money they're being paid to lob a protest. Not only are they not given any such right in their contracts, they all have a clause which enables the team to dismiss them for inappropriate behavior and THEY alone get to decide what is inappropriate.

So far, the NFL and the owners have chosen to wuss out on this and fall back on the "freedom of speech" thing as if it does apply here and there is nothing they can do. That's funny, the NBA certainly doesn't tolerate such a thing, they have it in their rules that players will stand for the National Anthem.

View attachment 89132

They should be ashamed to kneel.
what is with the kneeling and putting the hand over the heart?

This is a football game not a forum for protesting.

Let them move in Chicago or detroit. Let them live in the black neighborhoods and give of their time and money to rebuild and help those living and suffering there.
If they have problem with how some neighborhhods are treated, let them stand in the streets and actually do something useful to make it better.

If they don't like being americans they are free to leave and find someplace they like better.

Forum List

Back