So what should Obama have done?

About all he realistically could have done more than he has done is act like he gives a fuck, beyond campaigning that is. I'm sorry but when a large portion of our country is suffering the President shouldn't be on vacation, he shouldn't be sitting at $10K a plate party dinners, he shouldn't be watching his wife be serenaded by Paul McCartney, etc etc. Would his presence of made a difference to how much oil is leaking? No. Could he have swam down there and plugged the leak?No. BUt what kind of signal does it send when he's on the golf course when the governor of LA is BEGGING for help?

Time to face facts, all this clown cared about was getting the job.

Desptie all you mention, the governor of LA got the help he asked for.

About all he realistically could have done more than he has done is act like he gives a fuck, beyond campaigning that is. I'm sorry but when a large portion of our country is suffering the President shouldn't be on vacation, he shouldn't be sitting at $10K a plate party dinners, he shouldn't be watching his wife be serenaded by Paul McCartney, etc etc. Would his presence of made a difference to how much oil is leaking? No. Could he have swam down there and plugged the leak?No. BUt what kind of signal does it send when he's on the golf course when the governor of LA is BEGGING for help?

40 days later

Umm Bush was boots on the ground in NO the moment the SS pronounced it safe. Seven days. Not that is relevant because Obama swore he'd do things differently in Washington.

This doesn't even address the fact that he didn't even send the people in Tenn a condolence letter.
Pronounced it safe? How silly. It was never not safe except during the actual flood.

You can't be serious?
Yes, I am serious.

Umm Bush was boots on the ground in NO the moment the SS pronounced it safe. Seven days. Not that is relevant because Obama swore he'd do things differently in Washington.

Like I've said over and over; Conservatives don't care about the cleanup; they're only concerned about photo ops

They like to see men dress up in costumes more than Liberace did

Say what? Are you aware that there were riots going on and people running around shooting at each other? Yes, definitely Bush should have ignored the advice of the military , LEO, and his SS and went in on day one with no protection.

Dubya had his flaws, and I would never call him a great President, but to compare his reaction to Katrina with this President's complete lack of apathy is ridiculous.

There were no riots nor people 'running' around shooting. There were a couple of isolated shooting incidents which were no where near anywhere the POTUS whould have gone.

You choose to be blind in this instance.

40 days later

They NEVER got the help they asked for after Katrina.

When people were drowning in NO, bush was on vacation. He didn't end his vacation for days.

Condie Rice went to see B'way show and shopping for shoes. Bush gave speeches at fundraisers, and played guitar with a famous country star.

Guess what? Life goes on. That's not a bad message

This doesn't even address the fact that he didn't even send the people in Tenn a condolence letter.

The fact that you're uninformed doesn't change the realilty on the ground. Ask the Governor of Tennessee.

Tennessee Governor “very pleased” with response to flooding by Obama administration Row 2, Seat 4

The Tennessee governor says no one in his state feels "slighted" by the fact the president has not yet been down to assess the damage first hand. "He has a lot on his plate, and we're working through these things with FEMA and the Red Cross," said Bredesen. "But he's welcome to come any time he wants," as is Secretary Napolitano, to whom Bredesen has also extended an invitation, and she's accepted - the secretary will head to Tennessee Saturday to visit Nashville and the surrounding areas.

You need to understand that imagery is nice, but real help is better. If you don't, apparently the people in Tennessee do.

Like I've said over and over; Conservatives don't care about the cleanup; they're only concerned about photo ops

They like to see men dress up in costumes more than Liberace did

Say what? Are you aware that there were riots going on and people running around shooting at each other? Yes, definitely Bush should have ignored the advice of the military , LEO, and his SS and went in on day one with no protection. .

And again, the wingnuts prove that they only care about photo ops. That's why the conjob obsesses over how quickly bush got his picture taken.

Pronounced it safe? How silly. It was never not safe except during the actual flood.

You can't be serious?

You can't be so ignorant that you've never heard of the Secret Service?

Oh wait!!! You're a conservative. Of course you can be that ignorant

You can't be serious?
Yes, I am serious.

Then you're wrong. Simple googling will show plenty of riots, looters, gun shots, etc etc in the days following Katrina, not exactly a situation the Secret Service is anxious to allow a President into.

Actually, if you google 'Katrina Riots', you don't get any of that. You get a story about looters (which isn't a riot), and you get a story about prisoners abandoned by guards rioting inside the prison. If you google 'Katrina shooting' you find the story of the Gretna police shooting people fleeing from NO.

Yes, I am serious.

Then you're wrong. Simple googling will show plenty of riots, looters, gun shots, etc etc in the days following Katrina, not exactly a situation the Secret Service is anxious to allow a President into.

Actually, if you google 'Katrina Riots', you don't get any of that. You get a story about looters (which isn't a riot), and you get a story about prisoners abandoned by guards rioting inside the prison. If you google 'Katrina shooting' you find the story of the Gretna police shooting people fleeing from NO.

Even if there were actual riots, only an idiotic conjob would think the SS would land POTUS in the middle of a riot. And only a moron would think the SS can't handle a looter and can't secure an area

And again, the wingnuts prove that they only care about photo ops. That's why the conjob obsesses over how quickly bush got his picture taken.

I dunno, Obama sure presented a nice photo op on the beach, bending down to touch the sand... or maybe he was just seeing whether or not he could perform a 'lay on hands' miracle. He certainly has enough worshippers to qualify as a deity. ;)

Even if there were actual riots, only an idiotic conjob would think the SS would land POTUS in the middle of a riot. And only a moron would think the SS can't handle a looter and can't secure an area

You're right, they didn't land him in the middle of a riot, that's why they waited 7 days to make sure it was safe. Seven days by the way is pretty damned fast considering how much prep time the Secret Service normally gives to anywhere the President is going to be.

It looks like "I'm rubber, you're glue" is all you got.

As opposed to you parroting the absurd rhetoric of the far Leftizts?

That's the problem with people like you - you cannot have rational dialogue with Leftizts.

Apparently, the neo-"liberals" believe that simply calling themself liberal automatically makes them open-minded, tolerant and educated - in fact, it's usually the exact opposite.

Last edited:
It looks like "I'm rubber, you're glue" is all you got.

As opposed to you parroting the absurd rhetoric of the far Leftizts?

That's the problem with people like you - you cannot have rational dialogue with Leftizts.

Apparently, the neo-"liberals" believe that simply calling themself liberal atuomatically makes them open-minded, tolerant and educated - in fact, it's usually the exact opposite.

That always makes me giggle to. I especially like their tactic of name calling then recoiling in horror if someone calls them a name.

Forum List

Back