So Shines a Good Deed In a Weary World. A Nice Story That Is Also Bittersweet.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Italian police cook elderly couple pasta after neighbours hear crying
'Sometimes the loneliness melts into tears. Sometimes it's like a summer storm. It comes suddenly and overtakes one,' say the Rome police in a statement

police-italy.jpeg

Four policemen cooked pasta for an elderly couple after theirloneliness and television news caused them such distress they were overheard crying.

Eighty-four-year-old Jole and 94-year-old Michele told police that no one had visited them in months and they were desperately saddened by the state of the world.

Yet in a rare break from fighting crime in one of Italy's best-knowntourist - and mafia - hotspots, four policemen called to their door stopped to comfort them by cooking them up some of the country's most famous exports: pasta and parmesan.

Their team posted the incident on the force's Facebook post, where it has been shared more than 23,000 times and liked, loved or cried over using the site's emojis more than 64,000 times.

Italian police cook elderly couple pasta after neighbours hear crying

I have to admit when I heard this story, it got to me. The thought that these sweet people were so lonely and so distraught over the bad news being foisted on the world everyday.

God bless them, and God bless those officers that made them feel better for at least a little while. I am sure hoping someone comes into their lives.

Sweet story and sad too.

On a side note, according to reports they have been married over 70 years.

Last edited:
Maybe their neighbors should pay them a visit every once in awhile instead of calling the police. :dunno:

Maybe their neighbors should pay them a visit every once in awhile instead of calling the police. :dunno:
We should all do it once in a while. I think the point is there are people just like that, perhaps next door to you.

It is sad that little will be done. If there is judgement one day, we will not be able to say we did not see anyone to help. That is for sure.

So, like ALL of the people that probably failed them, I guess I understand why.

We should all do it once in a while. I think the point is there are people just like that, perhaps next door to you.

It is sad that little will be done. If there is judgement one day, we will not be able to say we did not see anyone to help. That is for sure.

So, like ALL of the people that probably failed them, I guess I understand why.

Married 70 years, and no kids to drop in on them?

Forum List

Back