So how will Trump cure the current labor shortage?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
There's bunches of threads about the wall all over the board about wage push inflation but with UE nearly non-existent already once the wall is up and a probable war on sanctuary jurisdictions on deck burger flippers may make $20/hr. That raises the question of how will trump brain drain the rest of the world? Any ideas?

There's bunches of threads about the wall all over the board about wage push inflation but with UE nearly non-existent already once the wall is up and a probable war on sanctuary jurisdictions on deck burger flippers may make $20/hr. That raises the question of how will trump brain drain the rest of the world? Any ideas?

We have plenty of smart people here.

So, you up for seeing wages rise?

Something like 6-10% of our labor force fraction are illegal immigrants. There ain't a whole lot of Social security age illegals in this country.

Where is this labor shortage? American workers are the least complaining, hardest working, most productive, toughest, workers in the world. American employers have never had it easier in finding ultra hard working hugely productive workers as they do now. This new generation of workers has an unbeatable work ethic.

Where is this labor shortage? American workers are the least complaining, hardest working, most productive, toughest, workers in the world. American employers have never had it easier in finding ultra hard working hugely productive workers as they do now. This new generation of workers has an unbeatable work ethic.
There ain't enough of them to go around. Haven't you noticed all of the help wanted signs where you shop? even the more sober and sane homeless people are getting full time employment. Don't you notice all the retirees just working 30 hrs/week to get better insurance? I know of at least one guy who runs the BAM coffee for health insurance and he has another month to go on paying off the house on the links he inherited from his mom.

There ain't enough of them to go around. Haven't you noticed all of the help wanted signs where you shop? even the more sober and sane homeless people are getting full time employment. Don't you notice all the retirees just working 30 hrs/week to get better insurance? I know of at least one guy who runs the BAM coffee for health insurance and he has another month to go on paying off the house on the links he inherited from his mom.

Cut welfare. Instant, hungry workers.

Not here in FL. Pretty much everyone that is employable who wants to work is already working.

Don't worry GM started laying off folks as has other companies..

I'll tell that to the quadriplegic I know.

I hope they're sex robots. It's getting harder to find girls willing to work for cheap. :biggrin:

I just don't see the attraction to rubber bimbos who always say "Oh". I guess that makes me a siliconist.

Not me. I saw all of the Terminator movies, and I sure don't want to be on their bad side after they take over.

I heartily welcome our mechanical overlords.
Always carry a wrench that's the secret to correcting the problem.

Congratulations! You found the needle in the haystack.

That is my job.

TX and TN are doing about as well.

Forum List

Back