So how many of you folks blasting Napolitano and Co. right now...

Pointing to the past, even mistakes of the past, to protect incometent behavior in the present is simply spreading propaganda.
Have some more of your kool-aid.
janet is a danger to this country, she needs to go.

In fact, I will go as far as saying that janet the idiot has done more single-handedly to radicalize her own countrymen against her.
She is bad for the country, her time has come and gone- she needs to go now.

There's so much lack of knowledge and hypocrisy here it's mind boggling. The Department of Homeland Security was established during the Bush Administration and has suffered numerous growing pains along the way. Saying that the new director "should go" over a single incident is positively stupid. Wasn't it under Michael Chertoff's watch within a year after the establishment of the agency that some guy was able to ship himself in a container in the belly of a commerical aircraft and fly all across the country? But Chertoff remained and did what he could to streamline the organization, taking hits all along the way. So to expect Janet Napalitano to be totally to BLAME for this single incident is asinine. Ain't gonna happen, pal.

The least she could do is be familiar with the procedures that were in place when she took office and the ones she implemented since she has been in office.

She knew nether....or claimed not to know.

When she made her first generalized comments, it still wasn't clear what this guy's travel trail was. People were DEMANDING she make a statement, and when she finally did, assholes like Peter King immediately jumped on her. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. She may not be the right person for the job, but until we know ALL the facts, I just think people should cut her some slack. I used to get attacked on the AOL board for saying the same thing about Chertoff--that he had the hardest job of all (at the time, which was post-911 and everyone still freaking out).

were standing behind Bush and Co. for the Patriot Act, and the numerous terrorist attacks they claimed to prevent?

I want to see some people snookered by the previous administration man up and admit they had faith in BushCo policy and memos about prevented attacks, but now they lack faith in the current administration and their claims to prevented attacks....

I know it's likely this thread will be crickets or with people saying it isn't the same, but if just one person could see the error in their government religion disappear this thread was worth it.

none of that has anything to do with this particular incident.

there isn't anything in protocol that i know of that shouldn't have required the guy to be separately checked.

i'm not sure why he wasn't. clearly in AMSTERDAM there was a screw up. Last I heard, the people who work in AMSTERDAM'S airports aren't TSA employees. An intelligent person would be asking... why did this happen? And how do we, realistically, keep it from happening again.

It has nothing to do with the "patriot" act...

you just feel like ranting. boring.

When she made her first generalized comments, it still wasn't clear what this guy's travel trail was. People were DEMANDING she make a statement, and when she finally did, assholes like Peter King immediately jumped on her. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. She may not be the right person for the job, but until we know ALL the facts, I just think people should cut her some slack. I used to get attacked on the AOL board for saying the same thing about Chertoff--that he had the hardest job of all (at the time, which was post-911 and everyone still freaking out).

i saw peter king on the scarborough show this a.m. he looked like an idiot. they even commented that he sounded ridiculous and partisan because his whole argument was that he didn't like the fact that napalitano didn't sound like a raving lunatic who was using the failed attack just to get people all heated up.

orange alert, anyone?

Prove it.

You think Sarah Palin was unprepared?

Janet N. was unprepared and that's not a good thing when you're Homeland Security Sec.

Prove. It.

I'm not asking you for your opinion - I'm asking you to back up what you stated as fact.

I have nothing to prove dumbass. It's up to her to show she's up to the job. I'm honest enough to recognize when someone is on the job.

I listened to what she said and it bothered me. She sounded like she didn't know what she was talking about. The least you could do is if you have a job like that is sound like you are at least competent. Know the procedures and be able to relate them in a cognitive manner. She couldn't.

Too bad that really bothers the shit out of you.

Really??? Even though thousands of similar bits of information flow into the National Counterterrorism Center each week from around the world???

How easy it is for you to make that statement when you are never going to be in that situation.

Bits of information?????? :lol: It was the terrorist own father.
Sometimes it just better to remain silent Rinata, you wouldn't look so foolish.

What a jerk you are!!! All the father knew was that his son's ideas were off, you moron. What do you think the father said?? That his son was plannng to blow up a plane very soon??

We actually had a lot more warning before 9/11 that a terrorist attack was imminent. A month before 9/11 Bush received a Presidential Daily Briefing titled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." Remember that?? Of course you don't.

There IS somebody that looks very foolish right now, but it sure isn't me!!! You tea bagging nuts are getting dumber by the day, I swear.

And when Bush received that daily Brief, just what is it that he could have done to prevent the attacks? How loud would have been the cries for impeachment because people were held up for security reasons when there was no danger? Remember the people did not see the brief and if Bush had done anything it would have been fear mongering and unconstitutional. If you deny that you lie.

You think Sarah Palin was unprepared?

Janet N. was unprepared and that's not a good thing when you're Homeland Security Sec.

Prove. It.

I'm not asking you for your opinion - I'm asking you to back up what you stated as fact.

I have nothing to prove dumbass. It's up to her to show she's up to the job. I'm honest enough to recognize when someone is on the job.

I listened to what she said and it bothered me. She sounded like she didn't know what she was talking about. The least you could do is if you have a job like that is sound like you are at least competent. Know the procedures and be able to relate them in a cognitive manner. She couldn't.

Too bad that really bothers the shit out of you.
You think that anything that someone says to me on an internet message board "bothers the shit out of me"??

HAHAHAHAHAHA

that's some funny shit.

You stated as fact that she's "clearly" unfit for her job. I don't know whether she is or is not, but I'm not in a position to know - and NEITHER ARE YOU. You don't work with her, you don't know what her job is, or what she does all day. You know nothing about her except for what talk radio says and the small number of public appearances that she's held. I don't know, she could be completely incompetent. But YOU don't know either.

same as the failure by the "shoe bomber".

Well, if we're talking about the same failures as we made with the shoe bomber... what I don't understand is why Obama seems so hell-bent to repeat them. :eek:
Wasn't it McCain who was supposed to be "more of the same"?

So, let's look at how Richard Reid's case was handled under the Bush administration... as pretty much a criminal matter. Instead of chucking him into Gitmo, questioning him aggressively, trying him by military tribunal, and then executing him forthwith by firing squad... we put him in a SuperMax where he and his ACLU lawyers spend their time suing us, at our own expense, mind you... for allegedly violating his "constitutional rights". :rolleyes:
Just this year, Team Obama allowed the Special Administrative Measures which limited his prison activities to expire.
Burlingame: Shoe Bomber Richard Reid Sues to Resume Jihad from Prison - WSJ.com
Outrage As Feds Curb Shoe Bomber Prison Rules - BostonHerald.com

Janet Napalitano wants us to believe that "the system worked". Then she amends it to some inane claim that she was taken out of context. But the bold-faced facts are that nothing worked. The guy didn't get picked off before he boarded the flight, he was allowed to bring a bomb on board, and he was stopped, not a security detail, but by a passenger and a faulty detonator.

Now, after the fact... they're talking about reviewing their "watch list" process and making passengers stay seated without blankets and pillows for the last hour of flight. Next time, you won't even have that heroic good samaritan in play. He'll be stuck in his seat.

Instead of learning from the mistakes of the former administration, Obama willfully chooses to REPEAT THEM. Two of the "planners" of Flight 253 were released from Gitmo to Saudi Arabia in 2007 for... get this... "Art Therapy Rehabilitation". :rolleyes:
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Wonderful: Two Flight 253 plotters were released from Gitmo in 2007

But what's Obama doing? ...yeah. Closing Gitmo. :cuckoo:
The low level jihadi will go back for retraining at his local terror camp, and the big fish will come here to the United States, so they can lawyer-up, wasting both our time and our money, all the while availing themselves to a free platform for spouting insane propaganda and... wait for it... FREE HEALTHCARE.

The "Underwear Bomber" will spend his remaining years, like Richard Reid, suing us with our own money for his "Constitutional Rights", and he'll be doing it with the new skin grafts that WE bought him. :rolleyes:
When what ought to happen instead is that we boot his ass to Gitmo, waterboard him until he tells us all he knows, give him a quick military trial, and then execute him as an example to all the other nutjobs out there who want to kill us.

But we all know, and so do the terrorists, that Barack Obama doesn't have the stones to do what needs to be done. Both Eric Holder and Janet Napalitano should be FIRED for their failures, but Obama can't be counted on to stand up to his own hirelings... let alone his moonbat base.

Last edited:
1. Again, last i heard there are no TSA employees in Amsterdam
2. Napalitano acknowleded there was a screw up.

3. lots of noise from the right...

what should have been done differently in terms of protocol?

answer: nothing.

in terms of PRACTICE:

the guy should have been taken off the line and subjected to special screening in Amsterdam just for being on the watch list.

so i'm not sure what the ranting and raving is intended to do...

other than make noise.

seriously....

Bits of information?????? :lol: It was the terrorist own father.
Sometimes it just better to remain silent Rinata, you wouldn't look so foolish.

What a jerk you are!!! All the father knew was that his son's ideas were off, you moron. What do you think the father said?? That his son was plannng to blow up a plane very soon??

We actually had a lot more warning before 9/11 that a terrorist attack was imminent. A month before 9/11 Bush received a Presidential Daily Briefing titled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." Remember that?? Of course you don't.

There IS somebody that looks very foolish right now, but it sure isn't me!!! You tea bagging nuts are getting dumber by the day, I swear.

From the 9-11-2001 a no fly list became a tool for the world. Why not use it?
Your just too stupid to know how stupid you really are looking, Rinata. YES, IT IS YOU WHO ARE LOOKING VERY FOOLISH, and maybe pretty damn stupid too.

The father of the al Qaeda terrorist behind Friday’s attempted explosion aboard a Northwest flight bound for Detroit reported his son’s fanatical religious views to the U.S. Embassy six months ago, according to a Nigerian news outlet.

The young man, Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, is the son of Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, a former Nigerian minister and bank chairman. He became wary of his son’s religious beliefs and reported his activities to the U.S. Embassy as well as Nigerian security services half a year ago, according to the Nigerian newspaper This Day.
The elder Mutallab had left his home in Katsina today, a city in Northern Nigeria, to speak with security agencies, the site reported, quoting family sources. He said his son left London to travel, though he did not know where to. “I believe he might have been to Yemen, but we are investigating to determine that,” he says.

AIRLINE BOMBER WAS ON TERRORIST TIES LIST FOR 2 YEARS

After enrolling at the University College in London, Mutallab relocated to Egypt and then Dubai, where he told his family that he no longer wanted contact with them, the site reported.
Father of MUSLIM TERRORIST suspect warned the U.S. about his son 6 months ago « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog

PS Do you really like getting teabagged?

Gee, you sure are getting mad. Did I hit a nerve there??? Let me tell you something, you immature conservative. All of you hated Obama and his entire cabinet from day one. So please stop acting as though they came in and did all of these awful things to the country. That's just crap.

None of you have one ounce of objectivity in your entire miserable bodies. And because of that, nothing you say really matters. Don't you get that??? Peter King and Peter Hoekstra could not wait to place the blame on Obama and make complete morons of themselves. Just like you and a lot of other people here.

OMG, you were all thrilled about this Christmas Day attempt. It was probably your favorite gift. What a golden opportunity to rag on Obama!!! Yet you did not make any response to the fact that Bush received a briefing a month before 9/11 saying that Bin Laden wanted to strike the United States. So you are all a bunch of phonies.

I am more convinced than ever that conservatives hate Obama more than they care about this country. It was the same when Bill Clinton was president. The jealous right. You're in the wrong and that's why the Republican Party is going down.

Your just too stupid to know how stupid you really are looking, Rinata. YES, IT IS YOU WHO ARE LOOKING VERY FOOLISH, and maybe pretty damn stupid too.

The father of the al Qaeda terrorist behind Friday’s attempted explosion aboard a Northwest flight bound for Detroit reported his son’s fanatical religious views to the U.S. Embassy six months ago, according to a Nigerian news outlet.

The young man, Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, is the son of Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, a former Nigerian minister and bank chairman. He became wary of his son’s religious beliefs and reported his activities to the U.S. Embassy as well as Nigerian security services half a year ago, according to the Nigerian newspaper This Day.
The elder Mutallab had left his home in Katsina today, a city in Northern Nigeria, to speak with security agencies, the site reported, quoting family sources. He said his son left London to travel, though he did not know where to. “I believe he might have been to Yemen, but we are investigating to determine that,” he says.

After enrolling at the University College in London, Mutallab relocated to Egypt and then Dubai, where he told his family that he no longer wanted contact with them, the site reported.
Father of MUSLIM TERRORIST suspect warned the U.S. about his son 6 months ago « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog

Gee, you sure are getting mad. Did I hit a nerve there??? Let me tell you something, you immature conservative. All of you hated Obama and his entire cabinet from day one. So please stop acting as though they came in and did all of these awful things to the country. That's just crap.

None of you have one ounce of objectivity in your entire miserable bodies. And because of that, nothing you say really matters. Don't you get that??? Peter King and Peter Hoekstra could not wait to place the blame on Obama and make complete morons of themselves. Just like you and a lot of other people here.

OMG, you were all thrilled about this Christmas Day attempt. It was probably your favorite gift. What a golden opportunity to rag on Obama!!! Yet you did not make any response to the fact that Bush received a briefing a month before 9/11 saying that Bin Laden wanted to strike the United States. So you are all a bunch of phonies.

I am more convinced than ever that conservatives hate Obama more than they care about this country. It was the same when Bill Clinton was president. The jealous right. You're in the wrong and that's why the Republican Party is going down.

I'm not mad, you called me a jerk with !!!, and a teabagger, seems you are the one with the 'tude.
For the rest of your drivel in this post....it's no more than a big projection on your part. I don't hate obama, and yes I am against his policies....but hate?? projection
I'm not blaming obama for what happened overseas...I'm blaming that we didn't have him on a no fly list. There was plenty of heads up on him, and that is undeniable, yet you denied it.
The rest of your pathetic drivel is just your pathetic opinion and doesn't even warrant more of a response than I have already given. You have been an epic fail with me on this thread, and really should remain silent on the subject. :lol:

Let me add to this, as the author of the thread asked, Our former Gov, was not qualified to be director of Homeland Security and her record in our state should have been a very good indication as to how she would carry out her duties. Many in this state said as much, including myself and recommended that the President pick someone who was much better qualified for the job. As for the deflection back to the Bush Administration, that has zero impact on the current director other than to act as a deflection upon the current directors ability to do the job at hand. It really is quite simple, as Gov. she presided over one of the worst immigration records in our states history and used the veto on no less than 60 immigration bills that would have helped in terms of security and our states economic condition. There is a whole host of things to choose from, however the basic issue at hand is when you set out to place a person in a vital position that effects this nations security perhaps politics should not be your first thought, because you will end up with someone with a resume that presided over no 50 in education, no 2 in budget deficit, no 3 in illegal immigration, no. 1 in kidnappings, and the list goes on..
You forget, she had the correct qualifacation:

She is a reliable Barry worshiper and party hack and can be counted on to do what she is told to do.

I'm not mad, you called me a jerk with !!!, and a teabagger, seems you are the one with the 'tude.
For the rest of your drivel in this post....it's no more than a big projection on your part. I don't hate obama, and yes I am against his policies....but hate?? projection
I'm not blaming obama for what happened overseas...I'm blaming that we didn't have him on a no fly list. There was plenty of heads up on him, and that is undeniable, yet you denied it.
The rest of your pathetic drivel is just your pathetic opinion and doesn't even warrant more of a response than I have already given. You have been an epic fail with me on this thread, and really should remain silent on the subject. :lol:

Oh, no you don't!!!! I am not going to get blamed for this. Go back and look at post number 108. You are the one that started this little name calling exchange going on between us. You could have responded to my original post in a polite manner. But no, you had to be a smart ass. So I just gave what I got. Seems you are the one with the attitude, not I.

As far as the rest of your post, I don't believe you.

As for the rest of what you just said about not hating Obama

:lol:

Oh, no you don't!!!! I am not going to get blamed for this. Go back and look at post number 108. You are the one that started this little name calling exchange going on between us. You could have responded to my original post in a polite manner. But no, you had to be a smart ass. So I just gave what I got. Seems you are the one with the attitude, not I.

As far as the rest of your post, I don't believe you.

As for the rest of what you just said about not hating Obama

:lol: Rinata, I was trying to give you a heads up on looking foolish, you didn't heed my call. Then you cop a 'tude. :lol:
Lighten up. :lol:
Hey believe what you want to believe....not my problem.

1. Again, last i heard there are no TSA employees in Amsterdam
2. Napalitano acknowleded there was a screw up.

3. lots of noise from the right...

what should have been done differently in terms of protocol?

answer: nothing.

in terms of PRACTICE:

the guy should have been taken off the line and subjected to special screening in Amsterdam just for being on the watch list.

so i'm not sure what the ranting and raving is intended to do...

other than make noise.

seriously....
Yes, when there is gross incompetence in a job where safety is at stake, I tend to make noise. A lot of noise.

State failed in giving someone on the watch list a visa. TSA failed in not screening a watch list passenger.

And lets not forget that these protocols 'accidentally' were posted on the net not too long ago, either.

Last edited:
So Ms. Mondo if the pilot of your next flight is hitting on you at the airport bar one hour before your flight you would not board the plane, EVEN if he promised to let you ride first class on his lap?

Interesting that it takes Obama more than two days to even acknowledge that a terrorist attack occured within our borders and that's justified, yet when Bush was in front of a bunch of children and delayed reaction for a few minutes, that's unjustified.

So Ms. Mondo if the pilot of your next flight is hitting on you at the airport bar one hour before your flight you would not board the plane, EVEN if he promised to let you ride first class on his lap?
I don't have enough information, really. I would need to know what he had to drink and how good looking he was. :)

Forum List

Back