The looming war over gay marriage

How can you vote on what rights others are allowed to have?

I'm heterosexual and married with one child. For what it's worth, I think gay people should have the same rights as heterosexuals.

Marriage is not a right... the government should be out of the marriage business... have all family units/partnerships recognized as civil unions or whatever other legal term the government wishes... everyone has the same rights of inheritance, legal decision making for an injured partner, taxation, etc... but leave marriage in the hands of the churches and religious institutions...

But you will not see support of this from many of the 'gay rights' activists,... because it is not about equal treatment under the law... it is about advancing an agenda

How can you NOT vote on what your society will and won't recognize as a "right"? Oh, wait, I know. When the people stubbornly refuse to yield to the greater wisdom and morality of leftists, it's better if they're given no say over their own society at all.

May I remind you, Tardboy, that the nation voted on ALL of our rights when it ratified the Constitution? You might have heard of it.

How can you NOT vote on what your society will and won't recognize as a "right"? Oh, wait, I know. When the people stubbornly refuse to yield to the greater wisdom and morality of leftists, it's better if they're given no say over their own society at all.

May I remind you, Tardboy, that the nation voted on ALL of our rights when it ratified the Constitution? You might have heard of it.

Yes, they also included a clause about equal protection.

How can you apply a right to some people and not others?

There is an old saying..

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper

My only objection to The Gayly Married were the possible increses in costs for employer provided insurance benefits should teh ghey employees insist on enrolling their "wives" or "husbands" as dependents.

Now that employers will be phasing out this benefit, mine is a mute point.

More accurately: How can you vote on who benefits from the same rights you do?

The answer: You don't believe in equality before the law.

Marriage is not a right...
Having a contract recognized equally regardless of race or sex falls under 'equal rights' and 'equality before the law'.
the government should be out of the marriage business... have all family units/partnerships recognized as civil unions or whatever other legal term the government wishes... everyone has the same rights of inheritance, legal decision making for an injured partner, taxation, etc... but leave marriage in the hands of the churches and religious institutions...

Why do conservatives get so mad about the word? Just think of 'marriage' as what it is- a legally binding contract- and let God decide who is now one flesh in his eyes.

Samson, all your 'points' have always been moot.

One of war's truisms:
Many battles can be lost, yet a war won.

Gay Marriage is here to stay. Think of the stupid laws against it and the battles waged and then think of prohibition, racial mixing, immigrant stigma.

Allowing Gay marriages is a sign of
social maturity because in reality gay marriages threaten nothing..except maye the ass-etts of the wealthier partner.

The train has left the station: video on youtube....search Rubin Israel and .....wait......

One of war's truisms:
Many battles can be lost, yet a war won.

Gay Marriage is here to stay. Think of the stupid laws against it and the battles waged and then think of prohibition, racial mixing, immigrant stigma.

Allowing Gay marriages is a sign of
social maturity because in reality gay marriages threaten nothing..except maye the ass-etts of the wealthier partner.

The train has left the station: video on youtube....search Rubin Israel and .....wait......

bdcsluper over at youtube cut up a video that made at the Massachusetts State House on this issue.

You may want to see them and see what kind of stuff is happening during these battles.

Funny thing is if you look real close in one video there are loads of illegal immigrants who were bused into Boston from Framington and other towns. It appears the right has allies in their battle against gay Americans.

Why does every bad thing in the world have to "loom"?

I am sick of looming and loomers.

Come out with it, work it out. Square off.

Stop fucking lurking and looming!

My only objection to The Gayly Married were the possible increses in costs for employer provided insurance benefits should teh ghey employees insist on enrolling their "wives" or "husbands" as dependents.

Now that employers will be phasing out this benefit, mine is a mute point.

Well, considering that gay people are only 3 to 5 percent of the population. And only a small percentage of them even want to get married. Any cost increase will be negligible.

What really costs money is the 50% divorce rate among heterosexuals. Divorce is the biggest reason children live in poverty. Poverty is the biggest reason behind "crime". See a connection?

And think of all the money we could bring in if we could tax all the "Swinger's Clubs" that exist in every state of the union? Add extra taxes at the swingers conventions in Las Vegas and in Florida and California. I suspect there are many more "swingers" than gays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back