So how many of you folks blasting Napolitano and Co. right now...

I will not be partisan about this I supported the Patriot Act but understand there is still more work to do about these "watch lists" We got lucky. Only time will tell whether Ms Napolitano uses this event to tighten up the loopholes.

If she dismisses this as a random occurrnece THEN she should resign. Terrorism is a national issue. It should not be a partisan one.

Couldnt' agree more. Terrorism can hit anywhere in this country and at any time.

Napolitano really needs to do the job or take a hike. Partisanship needs to take that same hike. Terrorism affects all of us and if we don't trust our leaders to do the job, to protect us, then it is a very sad day for all Americans.

Part of the problem is that DHS has become such a behemoth. How is one person supposed to be right on top of all of the sub-agencies DHS now encompasses? When are people (and the media) going to start taking the head of the TSA to task, in addition to Napalitano if you must? Airline safety is HIS job, but I don't think Obama's appointee has yet been approved by the Senate, so there is still just an acting secretary.
Yep, and that would be the doing of Republican Senator Jim Demint who objects to Obama's appointee because, get this, the appointee is for collective bargaining.

How ironic that this Republican seemingly would rather see planes blowing up than Americans being paid a decent wage.

As for the OP, Napolitano is responsible for this country, but allegedly the Netherlands contracted out their secondary screening. The FBI does it here. Which point seems to invite some sort of arrangement for having agents at every airport to do full cavity searches on persons that have no luggage and pay with cash.

I have a friend that drove down to Florida to see a friend home and she bought him a ticket back the next day. He was wearing shorts and had a carry on with some underwear. He got pulled and strip searched in 5 separate airports on 5 different legs of that journey they made him take back to DC....and he had a one way ticket.

I fail to see why we let everybody in this country. This Abdulmuttab didn't have any legitimate business here, he was on some list. I don't get the "oh the list has 500k names on it!" excuse. We have fucking computers. What's the hang up? Britain banned his ass. That must have made it onto some list. Who needs the asshole anyway? Why does this country just let everybody in? Other countries don't.

There are stories emerging that he was boarded improperly in Amsterdam.

we will see.

He did have a story about attending schooling here.

Couldnt' agree more. Terrorism can hit anywhere in this country and at any time.

Napolitano really needs to do the job or take a hike. Partisanship needs to take that same hike. Terrorism affects all of us and if we don't trust our leaders to do the job, to protect us, then it is a very sad day for all Americans.

Part of the problem is that DHS has become such a behemoth. How is one person supposed to be right on top of all of the sub-agencies DHS now encompasses? When are people (and the media) going to start taking the head of the TSA to task, in addition to Napalitano if you must? Airline safety is HIS job, but I don't think Obama's appointee has yet been approved by the Senate, so there is still just an acting secretary.
Yep, and that would be the doing of Republican Senator Jim Demint who objects to Obama's appointee because, get this, the appointee is for collective bargaining.

How ironic that this Republican seemingly would rather see planes blowing up than Americans being paid a decent wage.

So because she is just acting and hasn't been confirmed, she is not giving her 100%?
Hmmm, never thought of it like that.

So because she is just acting and hasn't been confirmed, she is not giving her 100%?
Hmmm, never thought of it like that.
The acting director is not the same person as the appointee.

When Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's father in Nigeria reported concern over his son's "radicalization" to the U.S. Embassy there last month, intelligence officials in the United States deemed the information insufficient to pursue. The young man's name was added to the half-million entries in a computer database in McLean and largely forgotten.

The lack of attention was not unusual, according to U.S. intelligence officials, who said that thousands of similar bits of information flow into the National Counterterrorism Center each week from around the world. Only those that indicate a specific threat, or add to an existing body of knowledge about an individual, are passed along for further investigation and possible posting on airline and border watch lists.

"It's got to be something that causes the information to sort of rise out of the noise level, because there is just so much out there," one intelligence official said.

Warning over jet attack suspect was ‘very thin’ - Washington Post- msnbc.com

It makes perfect sense to me. But of course it was an excuse for certain people to attack Obama. :rolleyes:

When Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's father in Nigeria reported concern over his son's "radicalization" to the U.S. Embassy there last month, intelligence officials in the United States deemed the information insufficient to pursue. The young man's name was added to the half-million entries in a computer database in McLean and largely forgotten.

The lack of attention was not unusual, according to U.S. intelligence officials, who said that thousands of similar bits of information flow into the National Counterterrorism Center each week from around the world. Only those that indicate a specific threat, or add to an existing body of knowledge about an individual, are passed along for further investigation and possible posting on airline and border watch lists.

"It's got to be something that causes the information to sort of rise out of the noise level, because there is just so much out there," one intelligence official said.

It makes perfect sense to me. But of course it was an excuse for certain people to attack Obama. :rolleyes:

When the terrorist own father steps forward and said what he did....I would give that a whole lot of credence to the claim. Me?....I would have put him on the no fly list until he was thourghly vetted.

When the terrorist own father steps forward and said what he did....I would give that a whole lot of credence to the claim. Me?....I would have put him on the no fly list until he was thourghly vetted.

Exactly! This does clearly point out where and how the DHS failed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are a half a million people on the "watch list" and tens of thousands on the "no fly list" With all these crazy foreign names, it must be a nightmare to monitor. The system needs to be updated and ALL agencies need to be involved. Including info from foreign governments. Hopefully this event will speed up that process.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are a half a million people on the "watch list" and tens of thousands on the "no fly list" With all these crazy foreign names, it must be a nightmare to monitor. The system needs to be updated and ALL agencies need to be involved. Including info from foreign governments. Hopefully this event will speed up that process.

I think a computer could handle it. That's what computers are for. They can make lists, then you can add to lists, and you can add notes. It's pretty simple actually. It shouldn't be a nightmare. Hey, nowadays computers can even show images...like faces!!! OMFG!!

Its all about oil profits and who gets them.

Carter was right all those years ago.

Follow the money and it goes right to the top of our last government and right into the hands that Bush was literally holding.

I laugh when retards and village idiots such as you spout those mindless platitudes.

Follow the money. :cuckoo: You heard it somewhere, once, and it sounded clever to you, so you parrot it! I saw that libtarded piece of crap movie, "JFK" too. It was a fucking stupid line at the time, as well.

Schmucks like you couldn't "follow the money" if it was presented to you in certified accounting records, you blithering imbecile.

A New World Order would solve the problem. Maybe we should turn over our security to the UN. :eusa_whistle:

Just another example of how inept this Homeland Security Department really is. They can't or wont stop people who they know have Terror-ties like the last two Terrorist attackers but they are going to stop them by conducting full body searches on little old ladies in airports? My God,is it just me or does anyone else see this absurd farce for what it is? They clearly knew the terror-tie backgrounds of these last two attackers yet they chose to do nothing. You'll have to ask them why they choose to do nothing before attacks because i'm stumped. Napolitano has to go. Nuff said.

were standing behind Bush and Co. for the Patriot Act, and the numerous terrorist attacks they claimed to prevent?

Me. I think the USA PATRIOT Act is perfectly reasonable and justifiable.

I want to see some people snookered by the previous administration man up and admit they had faith in BushCo policy and memos about prevented attacks, but now they lack faith in the current administration and their claims to prevented attacks....

False premise ^ alert. I did NOT get snookered by the Bush Administration. They (unlike this idiot Administration) DID valiant work to prevent terrorist attacks with some perfectly rational methods. I am quite confident that APPLYING those tools diligently does serve to prevent such attacks. The reasons this present MORON Administration is fucking things up is because THEY refuse to put the tools to good use.

I know it's likely this thread will be crickets or with people saying it isn't the same, but if just one person could see the error in their government religion disappear this thread was worth it.

Your thread will elicit only "attaboys" from others who are as eerily misguided in their thinking as you are. President Obama would probably praise you. But, like you, he would merely be very sadly wrong.

Almost the first word out of the mouth of Bush was "Crusade". Such is the rational and valiant (sending other peoples kids into harms way doesn't seem very brave to me) approach of Bush and his neocon brethern.

Our former Gov, was not qualified to be

There's a lot of this going around right now with this Administration. You can't learn to defend the country by OJT!!!!!!!! People will get killed..sooner or later....this time we got lucky, bottom line.

(on the job training)

Exactly, which is why the Rehnquist Court is ultimately responsible for 9/11; their Supreme Injustice in having Bush become the POTUS put an incompetent into the Oval Office - Gore had experience, a triple digit IQ and exposure to combat - Bush has a DUI.

Gore was a photographer if memory serves.....Had he been President on 9-11-01 we would probably have UN troops walking the streets of NYC to protect us. But then that's just my own opinion.

were standing behind Bush and Co. for the Patriot Act, and the numerous terrorist attacks they claimed to prevent?

Me. I think the USA PATRIOT Act is perfectly reasonable and justifiable.

False premise ^ alert. I did NOT get snookered by the Bush Administration. They (unlike this idiot Administration) DID valiant work to prevent terrorist attacks with some perfectly rational methods. I am quite confident that APPLYING those tools diligently does serve to prevent such attacks. The reasons this present MORON Administration is fucking things up is because THEY refuse to put the tools to good use.

I know it's likely this thread will be crickets or with people saying it isn't the same, but if just one person could see the error in their government religion disappear this thread was worth it.

Your thread will elicit only "attaboys" from others who are as eerily misguided in their thinking as you are. President Obama would probably praise you. But, like you, he would merely be very sadly wrong.

Almost the first word out of the mouth of Bush was "Crusade". Such is the rational and valiant (sending other peoples kids into harms way doesn't seem very brave to me) approach of Bush and his neocon brethern.

The use of the ill-chosen word "Crusade" was regrettable, but as usual, folks of your dishonest inclination make far too much of it.

It also has nothing whatsofuckingever to do with the difficult decision to send our troops out there to protect us. That's just a bunch of liberal pablum puke you keep throwing up.

Your preferred "choice" of rolling over and playing dead was never really much of an option, anyway.

computers work wonders.........

Forum List

Back