So do you know any "white supremacists"?

there's some on this board, goof

I'm assuming he means in RL.
I understand that, but the implication is there that he assumes that "because" he's met a lot of people - he's therefore finding it a spurious claim that they exist...which is an odd claim to make since they have whole online groups dedicated to their membership where they congregate. Not to mention, it's likely not the first thing you'd tell someone you've met, I would presume.

I also find it likely there's been surveys asking if folks self-identify as supremacists which would give us another indicator that they exist.

It's also odd, to me, that both the Republican and also the Democrat DHS/Justice Departments classify them as a threat...if they're just ghosts that are barely there. Not to mention videos of them. And recordings.

Just a really weird thread premise.

I met one at a party in about....1969. People don't make those opinions known quite as freely now as they did then.
Using this thread as evidence that white supremacists don't really exist is pretty lame, you know. Closing your eyes and saying "poof" doesn't work.

That's the point of a "spectrum". People on one end of the racist spectrum won't agree with everything said by those on the other end of the racist spectrum.

You can't just distinguish between different people who believe different things, and support different policies?
Yes, and I just did. I'm not sure why this is so complicated.

We all tend to categorize people in at least a general way. I'm allowed to do so, as well.

It is complicated because of the massive use of falsely labeling people with these terms as slurs.

I'm sure that YOU dont' want to accuse someone of a label, that has the potential to destroy their lives, by MISTAKE.
I suspect they'll survive, just like I do when my views are distorted or fabricated. Which is daily, here.

I'm pretty comfy with my personal opinions, thanks.

Being called a, even a "marxist" doesn't have the same powerful poison.

I'm kind of surprised mac. I expected more of a "of course I don't but" theme to your response.
I dunno. I do know that you don't see me spraying the word around at individuals here. If someone asks my opinion, I'll give it to them.

Yep. Most of the ones I've known are dead. My grandfather. Born 1895 in South Louisiana.

That's the point of a "spectrum". People on one end of the racist spectrum won't agree with everything said by those on the other end of the racist spectrum.

I bet you have dozens of "black friends".....you're so much better than everybody here we don't really deserve your company. I mean we don't even know we're racists but you know because you're special.

I bet you have dozens of "black friends".....you're so much better than everybody here we don't really deserve your company. I mean we don't even know we're racists but you know because you're special.
Well, I'm of mixed race, married into another mixed race family. We're all over the place.

Nice to see I've triggered another one of you, though.

I'm thankful I don't have to go through life like that.

the first commandment of the politically correct is: “Thou shalt not portray a white male in an heroic light.”

Well, I'm of mixed race, married into another mixed race family. We're all over the place.

Oh? "mixed race" eh? You can't even trigger yourself...I bet you ain't been out of your computer chair in days....you ain't going through life, you're watching it go by, telling folks how wrong they are about everything.....it's because you're so special...

Oh? "mixed race" eh? You can't even trigger yourself...I bet you ain't been out of your computer chair in days....you ain't going through life, you're watching it go by, telling folks how wrong they are about everything.....it's because you're so special...
Good. Get it all out.

trump understands conservatism better than anyone else. He's so articulate, so informed. He saw something before others saw it.

The only white supremacists I know are on USMB.
----------------------------------------- and that's by YOUR 'FOREIGN' definition and as a 'new zealander' or 'aussie' I judge you to be a weakling whose opinion doesn't matter CNM .

He probably had a gr-gr grandfather who was Cherokee.

trump understands conservatism better than anyone else. He's so articulate, so informed. He saw something before others saw it.
Has Trump made a comment about white supremacists not existing? He got that from Tucker last week, if he did. That shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.
Melania needs to restrict Trump's tv time.

I probably know some Supremacists but the the ones I do see are of ALL colors and Races and they have never caused me any physical harm so far in my 70 years . I used to see Black Supremacists all the time selling there 'final call' newspapers on street corners in the big city all the time . White Supremacists , I don't actually see them on a personal level in my life . Course , to me , just so the Supremacists are non violent I don't care if they think that they are Supreme or not . Same reasoning for Separatists of all types .

Forum List

Back