SNL Mocks Ted Cruz's 5-Year-Old Daughter

Not unheard of

Still, "Saturday Night Live" saw fit to air a sketch that compared Chelsea, then 13, unfavorably with Vice President Gore's daughter. The first lady was furious about that, and even angrier when Rush Limbaugh took this shot: "Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat," said Limbaugh. "Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?" And he held up a picture of Chelsea

WashingtonPost.com: National News

I have never seen a politician use his/her children in negative political ads, like Ted Cruz.

He's the one who's disgusting.
I haven't seen his ads. Do you have the negative one? I'd like to see it.

It's the one where he's reading a Christmas story to his girls about the evilness of Obamacare. Props are one thing, but negative ads are another.

There was nothing in that SNL skit that was ugly towards Ted's daughter. They were mocking him.

Some people around here are very thinned skinned.

Leave the kids alone.

They have it hard enough being in a political family.
Yes, Ted would never use the kids as props...
635757948563012513-0822-Ted-Cruz-Rally-18.jpg

Yeah, Obama would never do anything like that!

alg-obama-family-jpg.jpg

Waiving at the camera is not the same as a negative ad, dummy.

They were mocking Teddy. Even his own daughter didn't want to kiss him.

And children are so honest aren't they.

So why aren't RWer's upset with Ted Cruz for using his daughters in a highly politicized negative ad?

Sorry, your concern doesn't seem genuine.

I'll type slowly for you....because they are the children's parents. It's their call. The media needs to leave all children of all politicians alone. Completely. That's my point.

But, it's OK when they target one type of politician's child. That's your point. :rolleyes:

That SNL skit was mocking Ted, and Ted alone. Compared to the skits they did on Amy Carter, this was nothing.

76mamycarter1.jpg

69c0fac90303ada95a7494360afc465c_59a598c5d07123d99ad4ef389d8f3634.jpg

And if you're going to have your children help you with negative ads, surely you don't expect everyone to ignore it and say nothing. It just doesn't work that way.

Poor kids. It's not enough having politicians as parents, impotent adults take to mocking a child.

The difference between you and me is I don;t give a fuck who the parents are or how they vote.

You clearly have blinders on and are hypocritical. It's OK when it's one party; and not OK when it's another. Thanks for being so transparent.........and irrelevant.

You clearly have blinders on and are hypocritical. It's OK when it's one party; and not OK when it's another. Thanks for being so transparent.........and irrelevant.

I just disagree, that's all. They were in no way ugly regarding his daughter. I think you're trying to make something out of nothing.

I just disagree, that's all. They were in no way ugly regarding his daughter. I think you're trying to make something out of nothing.

There's not much for you to think about. My view is, and has been for years and through several administrations, that the media leaves the politicians' children alone, whether they are [D] or [R] doesn't matter ..... to me, that is.

Or to Zander.

You're a pathetic POS.

cruz keeps trying to portray himself as this family man etc and so forth ...seems it just blows up in his face...perhaps he should stop trying to use his kids...he does this shit so his pac can copy the videos and use them in the ads..thus avoiding breaking the rule of conclusion.....i have zero pity for cruz....and it is sad he continues to use his own kids to raise money...place the blame where it should be....at his feet...

Forum List

Back