Smithsonian: How to Talk with Evangelicals about Evolution

Haven't seen you around for a bit. All good?

Thank you, cnm for asking....hope all is well with you. I made this video on the 8th of October and after 3 treatments of this natural/ holistic "tea" my nephew introduced me to. October 1st I went into at home hospice care. I should have died by the end of August and was totally fine with that. Since I lost my son in February, life wasn't worth much to me. You should see me now. The painful lesions that were such a deep purple and itched and burned are fading and no longer are a source of discomfort. I got down to 134 pounds and I have gained 20 pounds in a month. What has happened to me is nothing short of miraculous.

Godspeed to ya....

Which god?
How about this one?

Since my near death experience and still in a very precarious position? I have worked hard on loving and caring about people more than ever. But there are those like you and your fellow commie pals that make me realize that I couldn't warm up those of your ilk even if we were cremated together. You are the same clueless jerk you have always been and it's sad. Seems that you have been turned over to a reprobate mind. You thrive on hatred for anyone that believes differently from you.

How about this one?

Since my near death experience and still in a very precarious position? I have worked hard on loving and caring about people more than ever. But there are those like you and your fellow commie pals that make me realize that I couldn't warm up those of your ilk even if we were cremated together. You are the same clueless jerk you have always been and it's sad. Seems that you have been turned over to a reprobate mind. You thrive on hatred for anyone that believes differently from you.

I'm a clueless jerk because I don't know which of the hundred (thousands?) of "gods" there have been through history that you're talking about?
4i6Ckte.gif

I'm a clueless jerk because I don't know which of the hundred (thousands?) of "gods" there have been through history that you're talking about?
4i6Ckte.gif
Regardless of what you say, I am going to add you to the list of people to pray for. I suspect that you are carrying around baggage that is weighing you down. I bet in real time you are probably a nice guy and someone to have a beer with. But here? Your alter-ego takea over and you become so abrasive and rude. It doesn't help that you get attacked and it only causes you to become more staid in your beliefs and impossible to have a decent conversation. I apologize for some of the things I posted to you in the past. I have been just as a much of a jerk as you have and I am not proud of that. I can't change the past and as I continue to have the sword of Damocles of death swinging back and forth over me, all I can do is try to make amends. I am not afraid to die and I have prepared meticulously going even so far as to paying for my cremation in advance. My apology is not for any other reason than to purge my conscience. Be well and try to open up your heart to the possibilities.

Regardless of what you say, I am going to add you to the list of people to pray for. I suspect that you are carrying around baggage that is weighing you down. I bet in real time you are probably a nice guy and someone to have a beer with. But here? Your alter-ego takea over and you become so abrasive and rude. It doesn't help that you get attacked and it only causes you to become more staid in your beliefs and impossible to have a decent conversation. I apologize for some of the things I posted to you in the past. I have been just as a much of a jerk as you have and I am not proud of that. I can't change the past and as I continue to have the sword of Damocles of death swinging back and forth over me, all I can do is try to make amends. I am not afraid to die and I have prepared meticulously going even so far as to paying for my cremation in advance. My apology is not for any other reason than to purge my conscience. Be well and try to open up your heart to the possibilities.
It's sad that it takes this to turn you into a decent person. Which you probably have been all along, and this post from you is really as much about you as it is about me. I am a good guy who you would want to have a beer with. I've been making my living as a professional musician for 42 years now. 49 years if you count my work with Wurlitzer, literally as a kid. Nearly all working musicians are good people. And I have plenty of normal, regular interactions with plenty of actual conservatives on this site. But not Trumpers, not wingnuts, not people who want to turn this country into a dictatorship because the majority doesn't agree with them that Gays are subhumans, or women should be paid less, or corporations are people, until it's time to tax them, that is.

I am sorry about your illness, whatever it is.

We lack the maturity to handle the processes involved in creating a universe.
So, you believe in an all powerful supreme being who can do anything except, talk legibly. That’s a new one.

Mac-7
One can be an evangelical and believe in evolution, Just like Pat Robertson now acknowledges 'Million of Years old."

Religious doctrines change, or most do. The most indoctrinated just get to be funnier and Funnier.
Even the Saudis are lightening up a bit.
`
As soon an evangelical says he believes in evolution, the contradictions begin.

So, you believe in an all powerful supreme being who can do anything except, talk legibly. That’s a new one.
You obviously do not understand the problems in translating the various languages the Bible was written in.

For example the King James Version translated the Sixth Commandment as, “Thou shalt not kill.”

More modern Bibles translate it as, “Thou shalt not murder.”

The Sixth Commandment is just a simple example.

It's sad that it takes this to turn you into a decent person. Which you probably have been all along, and this post from you is really as much about you as it is about me. I am a good guy who you would want to have a beer with. I've been making my living as a professional musician for 42 years now. 49 years if you count my work with Wurlitzer, literally as a kid. Nearly all working musicians are good people. And I have plenty of normal, regular interactions with plenty of actual conservatives on this site. But not Trumpers, not wingnuts, not people who want to turn this country into a dictatorship because the majority doesn't agree with them that Gays are subhumans, or women should be paid less, or corporations are people, until it's time to tax them, .
that is
I am sorry about your illness, whatever it is.
I was a nice guy before. I simply reacted to being attacked and I easily put the offending party in his or her place. I might have been better served not using the scorched earth approach but it works. Also the leftists here have a tendency to "dogpile" those that don't buy into their agenda. I would simply step into the fray on their behalf and easily booted the offending party's cyber-behinds to the curb. All in good fun, of course, because no one really dislikes the other side at all, correct?

I don't know what a "Trumper" is but if it is anything like Bidenism? I want no part of that. I find it amazing how so many leftists scream "Fascist!" while waving the hammer and sickle flag. There isn't a red c--t hair's worth of difference between the two as both the "state" controls and rules over all. I have observed as to how so many have abandoned their country ruled by communists but not so many flee to it. The only attempt at dictatorship is happening on the left side of this equation. Gays? Whoever said that homos are "sub-human". Any and all I know simply don't give a shit about what two or more consenting adults do behind closed doors. My question is why do they feel the need to be "loud and proud" about their sexual proclivities while pushing their stance on children with Drag Queen story telling time and wanting to teach young boys on how to apply make-up and twerk? I have so many questions that no one can answer with anything but an insult. Women being paid less is a 'rightwing" thing? do tell?

Corporations are not people, they are persons just like you are according to Black's Law Dictionary and you were "incorporated" with the birth certificate that is printed on bond paper and can be used under the Uniform Commercial Code as a negotiable instrument as our labor was pledged as surety against the debt by USA. INC in 1933 and our labor is what moves their fiat currency. all government agencies are incorporated and so are all states, all counties and cities and most towns. why does it matter? It has to do with jurisdiction.

Anyway, so you are a professional musician? What genre? Or which one do you prefer? I have been a making money at playing music since 1982. I never made it my profession but I don't play for the money, I play for the sheer joy of making music and I am not good enough to make it my life's work even if I wanted. It's cool that you have. Keyboardists are always in high demand. I would have preferred the piano over and the sax over playing bass....still? I'm not bad. Here is a video I did when one of my friends didn't thing I could play "Outstanding" by the Gap Band so I proved him wrong in a friendly way, that is.....

You obviously do not understand the problems in translating the various languages the Bible was written in.

For example the King James Version translated the Sixth Commandment as, “Thou shalt not kill.”

The Sixth Commandment is just a simple example.

God seems to have a problem communicating. Someone as all powerful should be able to make anyone enlightened without the use of paper and pen. It’s laughable how devoted to a scroipture you guys are that you can’t even agree on.

God seems to have a problem communicating. Someone as all powerful should be able to make anyone enlightened without the use of paper and pen. It’s laughable how devoted to a scroipture you guys are that you can’t even agree on.
Perhaps God feels we have all the necessary basic ideas of Christianity and further communications are not required at this time.

Humans do tend to make things far more complicated than necessary.

Perhaps this sums everything truly necessary up.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16

Or it just complicates things further. How does "giving up" one's only son (even for only a few days) get interpreted as "love"? Any real father doing similar would doubtless receive prison time. Also, define "perish"? Supposedly, one's soul lives on but their body still perishes, right? Did this John somehow fail to understand the term or was his translation that sloppy?

Because they new the original was stupid, so they changed it.

Perhaps God feels we have all the necessary basic ideas of Christianity and further communications are not required at this time.
Hilarious. What ever your god feels, is sad. Only 31% of the worlds population is ChristIan. How can such an all powerful, all knowing entity be so mixed up. No required ? You mean, not existent. His message isn’t heard because, it was never sent. Just opinions of old bullshit artists trying to control the masses and failing miserably.

Because they new the original was stupid, so they changed it.
Yup
Lots of killing needed to be justified. Gotta kill those heathens, Jews and Muslims who won’t convert. That’s OK By Christians. Hitler et al doing the Christian god’s work….
Few religions kill more then Christians

Humans do tend to make things far more complicated than necessary.

Perhaps this sums everything truly necessary up.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
God loves no one. Regardless of which god it is, the top ten biggest atrocities were done on the name of religion…..and the Christian God is among the most violent.

Forum List

Back