Red pilled leftists after the atrocities in Israel...Bari Weiss, coming to terms with her beliefs.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged...goes the saying....in this case, someone heading toward conservative is a liberal who watched as the people she has supported with time, money, words, cheered the rape, torture, murder and mutilation of innocent men, women and children......including babies.......under age girls raped................

Bari Weiss has taken the red pill.....will she wake up?

Here’s an example of what we mean: a friend, appalled at the equivocation and apologia in the West after the brutal Hamas killings, told one of us that he used to consider himself a “conscientious objector” in the culture wars. “Not anymore,” he said. October 7 changed that.

Liberal friends were suddenly talking about buying guns. Progressive friends were texting about topics like border security and immigration. In a whisper, one even admitted to watching Fox News.

For a sense of what this real-time political transformation can look like, watch this clip of venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya on the podcast he co-hosts, All In. Palihapitiya, who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, explains that he is rapidly revising his view of Trump’s time in office: “As a Democrat who has been left homeless, who is now definitely in the center but probably leaning increasingly right, I am left yet again with an appreciation, despite the messenger, of the message of the Trump administration because what those guys did was pretty incredible in hindsight.”

Chamath continued:

So much of the work that happened in that administration turns out to have been right. And that’s what is so frustrating for me. The work on the border wall? We didn’t like the messenger, so we killed the message. Turned out it was right. Issuing long-term debt to refinance when rates were at zero? We didn’t like the messenger, so we killed the message. A structural peace in the Middle East? We didn’t like the messenger, so we killed the message. When are we gonna stop shooting ourselves in the foot? And when are we going to actually see and take the time to look past who is saying things and actually listen to them word for word?
If it’s clear that the last two weeks have been a wake-up call, the next question is: Why?

Part of the answer is the sheer depravity of Hamas’s terrorism. That depravity has made the justification and celebration of their acts by those who police pronouns that much starker. The contradictions and moral bankruptcy of a worldview that spends years worrying about microaggressions and tone policing, but can’t decide what side it is on after the beheading of babies, aren’t exactly difficult to spot.

To put it another way: when Black Lives Matter organizations are lionizing Islamist terrorists by posting a paraglider logo, you’d be a fool not to reassess things.
----

The other aspect of it, we think, is the sense of how thin the line is between civilization and barbarism. And how the West, which so many take for granted, is more vulnerable than we ever imagined.

A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged...goes the saying....in this case, someone heading toward conservative is a liberal who watched as the people she has supported with time, money, words, cheered the rape, torture, murder and mutilation of innocent men, women and children......including babies.......under age girls raped................

Here’s an example of what we mean: a friend, appalled at the equivocation and apologia in the West after the brutal Hamas killings, told one of us that he used to consider himself a “conscientious objector” in the culture wars. “Not anymore,” he said. October 7 changed that.

Liberal friends were suddenly talking about buying guns. Progressive friends were texting about topics like border security and immigration. In a whisper, one even admitted to watching Fox News.

For a sense of what this real-time political transformation can look like, watch this clip of venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya on the podcast he co-hosts, All In. Palihapitiya, who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, explains that he is rapidly revising his view of Trump’s time in office: “As a Democrat who has been left homeless, who is now definitely in the center but probably leaning increasingly right, I am left yet again with an appreciation, despite the messenger, of the message of the Trump administration because what those guys did was pretty incredible in hindsight.”

Chamath continued:

If it’s clear that the last two weeks have been a wake-up call, the next question is: Why?

Part of the answer is the sheer depravity of Hamas’s terrorism. That depravity has made the justification and celebration of their acts by those who police pronouns that much starker. The contradictions and moral bankruptcy of a worldview that spends years worrying about microaggressions and tone policing, but can’t decide what side it is on after the beheading of babies, aren’t exactly difficult to spot.

To put it another way: when Black Lives Matter organizations are lionizing Islamist terrorists by posting a paraglider logo, you’d be a fool not to reassess things.
----

The other aspect of it, we think, is the sense of how thin the line is between civilization and barbarism. And how the West, which so many take for granted, is more vulnerable than we ever imagined.

I absolutely love that saying. Won't forget it. A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged. So fucking true. Call you guys realists. I'll have to remember that when discussing things with yall. Like, let's be real, dealing with the black community isn't like dealing with Mayberry citizens.

And as a corporation or business owner, how much do people who push a button think they are worth? I'd automate too.

And taxes. Yes, the government does overspend. Probably spends twice as much as it should. So they should stop and cut my taxes in half.

And abortion really is a sad thing to do.

And corporations are going to pollute. And we need to build pipelines.

I know I'm a lib but I truly do see both sides of just about every argument we're having. Like that tranny swimming with women in college needs to go.

Affirmative Action is hurting the white community

Yes the government and media lie.

Why did the Israelis order a complete stand down ?

That set off the mayhem and may directly lead to escalation .
False Flag ? I suspect so .

Why did the Israelis order a complete stand down ?

That set off the mayhem and may directly lead to escalation .
False Flag ? I suspect so .
There you guys go again 😂

What "stand down"???

You're making a lot of assumptions. Maybe your kook buddies can help you out.

Here's the origin of the "stand down" nonsense. You guys just keep repeating this stuff until you convince yourselves. You don't know you're the gullible ones

“I’m not willing to say, to go so far to say that Netanyahu knew or there was intelligence here, but I think some questions need to be asked. Was there a stand down order? Was there a stand down order?” Kirk said, repeating the rhetorical question for emphasis.

Kirk’s wild speculation doesn’t appear to have any basis in fact but instead hinges on the fact that he’s “been to Israel many times” and “the whole country is a fortress.”

Kirk suggested that Netanyahu’s supposed “stand down” order was a bid to garner support due to the Israeli leader’s domestic political problems around controversial judicial reforms. Kirk insisted of the attack, “When I first heard this story, I still have the same gut instinct that I did initially: I find this very hard to believe.”

When HAMAS members are on camera trying to decapitate a LIVING ISRAELI CHILD with a garden hoe….they have completely lost the plot and I hope all of HAMAS WHO COMMITTED THESE ATROCITIES OR HELPED PLAN AND FINANCE THEM is killed by the IDF.

Chamath continued:

----

I gotta say Captain Kirk, you could teach a master class in cherry picking. Nobody does it better. :auiqs.jpg:

I wonder what the dead civilians in Gaza think of the line between civilization and barbarism? And how'd that wall do against protecting Israel from the Hamas attacks?

I gotta say Captain Kirk, you could teach a master class in cherry picking. Nobody does it better. :auiqs.jpg:

I wonder what the dead civilians in Gaza think of the line between civilization and barbarism? And how'd that wall do against protecting Israel from the Hamas attacks?

Talk about cherry picking....

They probably would re-think their support of Hamas

The wall was breached by a battalion worth of fighters, that supposedly took more than a year to plan the attack.

It worked for it's intended purpose, limiting smaller incursions from Gaza.

Talk about cherry picking....

They probably would re-think their support of Hamas

The wall was breached by a battalion worth of fighters, that supposedly took more than a year to plan the attack.

It worked for it's intended purpose, limiting smaller incursions from Gaza.
So..you agree with me that walls don't keep people out?

So..you agree with me that walls don't keep people out?

They can keep a lot of people out, what this particular wall couldn't stop was a well planned organized military style incursion.

The object is to deter the less motivated.

From a practical, moral, ethical standpoint, is there a difference between an Israeli child being mutilated by a Hamas militant who climbed through a bedroom window and a Palestinian child being blown to bits by an Israeli bomb dropped on its head?

From a practical, moral, ethical standpoint, is there a difference between an Israeli child being mutilated by a Hamas militant who climbed through a bedroom window and a Palestinian child being blown to bits by an Israeli bomb dropped on its head?

Yes, because Hamas did what it did intentionally, and the IDF was aiming at a Hamas fighter hiding amongst civilians.

If you don't understand that, you can't be helped.

Yes, because Hamas did what it did intentionally, and the IDF was aiming at a Hamas fighter hiding amongst civilians.

If you don't understand that, you can't be helped.
Israel is well aware the munitions it uses in civilian areas while going after Hamas have a blast radius big enough to kill innocents. Maybe you just are uninformed.

Israel is well aware the munitions it uses in civilian areas while going after Hamas have a blast radius big enough to kill innocents. Maybe you just are uninformed.

And Hamas could avoid putting their own civilians at risk by not hiding their troops and bases amongst civilians.

War is hell.

And Hamas could avoid putting their own civilians at risk by not hiding their troops and bases amongst civilians.

War is hell.
Yes, they could. But I'm sure you know why they do it. They are facing a vastly superior army with advanced weaponry so doing otherwise is suicide. Which is not to excuse their cowardice.

Yes, they could. But I'm sure you know why they do it. They are facing a vastly superior army with advanced weaponry so doing otherwise is suicide. Which is not to excuse their cowardice.

Then maybe they should give the fuck up?

Anyone ever think of that one?

If your only way to win is getting your own people killed to generate sympathy, maybe giving up is the only option left.

No....they have both been killed by the hamas terrorists.......and the only way to save both groups of children is to end hamas.

Forum List

Back