Small ways to save money add up

Racism does explain the almost complete lack of greeting card offerings for MLK Jr. Day ... it's said Hallmark invented Mother's Day as a way to sell cards, but they refuse to issue the same for MLK Jr Day? ...

Mother's day cards appeal to every person born, MLK cards.....not so much..

Children and refrigerators are a bad mix ... make the rule that no child can open it unless they prepare a snack for EVERYBODY in the house ... I saved better than $30 a month with that rule alone ... fucking selfish teenagers ...
Also........

Turn off lights and things not being used.

I need to check around but last night the wife saw a site that said about 3.75 LB then another 1.10 or so for processing and they had an average of 1200lbs on the hoof,
so thats about 5 bucks on a 1000 lb cow... 5 grand,,

like I said I am going to call some farms direct and other than the bandsaw I have no problem doing a cow myself,,
Unless you have a big family, a full steer is a lot of meat. 1/4 for my wife and I is just enough for a year.
This rancher is local and usually has steers in the 1-11/2 years old range.

Canning meals. GREAT recipe books now for pressure canning stews and chilis and what-not. We've been eating them for lunches and some suppers since last summer. I used all garden veg. from my garden.

This summer I thought of a way to make my tomatoes bear better. Unfortunately, it worked. Turns out you can stack up canning jars full of tomato sauce one on top of each other if you put them in the flat cartons by the dozen that the jars come in. So now I am canned-out and don't have the impetus even to do the pears, which is too bad because we get a lot of desserts off that tree, but enough is enough.

Unless you have a big family, a full steer is a lot of meat. 1/4 for my wife and I is just enough for a year.
This rancher is local and usually has steers in the 1-11/2 years old range.
I was planning to spread it out between the kids and us,,looking at it it should be almost a yrs worth of meat

Yes I am, just ask my kids and wife. Tears my nerves up. :102:
Tears our nerves up to hear it, too!! However, I suppose you are right. I'm married to a "cut off them lights!" guy, but --- right is right, so I don't complain. :cool:

This morning we heard on Bloomberg a natural gas company guy who thinks gas will TRIPLE by November: natural gas being used for heating and electric generation here, so oil might go up and electricity as well, especially as a lot of people heat with electric so that's a double whammy. This is all on Putin, of course, and maybe they'll settle the war and nothing will happen, but -------

I'm turning the lights off when I leave the room for awhile, like a good little girl. Might be a good habit to keep up.

Here's a save-money idea not based on food ---

Go through all your subscriptions and cancel the ones you aren't using. Like the Amazon streaming video ones for $10 a month each, like magazines you hate, all the others. Because now they are all automatic upgrade if they can POSSIBLY trap you into that. I carefully only pay by check, one year at a time, so they can't do any funny business with my card, incl. charity contribs, because they want to catch you in that scam that you supposedly checked the "every month" box, to take out the same amount monthly.

So far I have cancelled The Atlantic and am trying to figure out which of the Amazon streaming companies, Brit Box or Paramount, we are NOT watching. It's just money down the drain.

Tears our nerves up to hear it, too!! However, I suppose you are right. I'm married to a "cut off them lights!" guy, but --- right is right, so I don't complain. :cool:

The light switch is every bit as easy to turn off as it was to turn on (each time you leave the room).

It saves money and also has the benefit of Never hearing "turn off the lights". A win-win.

So far I have cancelled The Atlantic and am trying to figure out which of the Amazon streaming companies, Brit Box or Paramount, we are NOT watching. It's just money down the drain.

Recently made the switch from Comporium cable to You tube TV. Saving roughly $50 per month.

Use pull string ceiling fixtures ... when the kids are old enough to reach, they're old enough to have wages garnished ... and that's a sex ed lesson as well ...

Forum List

Back