Sir Patrick Stewart Says New ‘Star Trek’ Series Will Take On Trump, Brexit

My God that is A stupid and B, disrespects the product and C the fans.

And it will be another failure. People are fed up with that nonsense. That's why a ton of people me included dumped netflix.

“Picard,” he notes, is “me responding to the world of Brexit and Trump and feeling, ‘Why hasn’t the federation changed? Why hasn’t Starfleet changed? Maybe they’re not as reliable and trustworthy as we all thought.”

Conversely, maybe you're just wrong, Patrick.

I don't watch "Discovery" either. CBS.

The alien on the right will play the Trump character.

upload_2020-1-14_11-40-44.jpeg

And it will be another failure. People are fed up with that nonsense. That's why a ton of people me included dumped netflix.
Nah. Just the thin-skinned Trumpsters have a problem with it. The rest of us applaud the effort.

Nah. Just the thin-skinned Trumpsters have a problem with it. The rest of us applaud the effort.

It is not a "thin skin" to be tired of seeing franchises you loved as a child being corrupted my moronic politics.

You are just an asshole.

You realize the ST ratings are in the basement.
The real issue is that ST no longer addresses both sides of an issue like Classic did.

Not really. From the beginning, Star Trek has taken on everything from Russia and the cold war to racism, mindless wars, ethics, all sorts of political topics. I look forward to seeing it.

It is not a "thin skin" to be tired of seeing franchises you loved as a child being corrupted my moronic politics.

You are just an asshole.

Trumpster calls me an asshole. I'll take it! Thanks.

You are just an asshole.

Of course you will.

Not really. From the beginning, Star Trek has taken on everything from Russia and the cold war to racism, mindless wars, ethics, all sorts of political topics. I look forward to seeing it.

You are correct that it did deal with such issues. That is a fair point.

But it did so in a way that was not insulting or disrespectful to the fans. Or to America.

You are just an asshole.

Your actions made it clear. I just pointed it out. You did all the work, of being an asshole.

Forum List

Back