Singles bar

Good luck. You seem like a guy that most women would like to meet.

I hope it goes well for you.

Most women find me difficult, because I don't beat around the bush, I don't play "the game" and I am unbelievably direct. Either they like it or they don't. Pffft. After one marriage, I sure as hell am not looking for a 2nd.

Thanks for the kind words.

No games? SOME games are fun. :D

Dating and sex has been a "game" since before humans were human. It's a game by design - even animals follow courtship "rules."

Most women find me difficult, because I don't beat around the bush, I don't play "the game" and I am unbelievably direct. Either they like it or they don't. Pffft. After one marriage, I sure as hell am not looking for a 2nd.

Dating and sex has been a "game" since before humans were human. It's a game by design - even animals follow courtship "rules."

I'm not sure what the prior poster(s) were all referring to....

However, when I think of "playing games", I don't think of playful flirting with your spouse. I don't think of foreplay games.

Now if that is what people are referring to, then I'm all for it. No problem with that at all.

But when I think of 'playing games with people'... to me that refers to the crap I witnessed in high school and college. I saw 'boys' toying with girls like they were a pet. Like a cat chasing a string.

I watched numerous girls chasing after guys, who pretended that they had something special, when in reality, they could not have possibly cared less about them. They only wanted sex, they got sex after toying with the girl long enough, and then dumped her like she was moldy bread.

Now if that is what you mean by playing with people, I think you should be beaten with a stick, and then strangled to death. I don't know where these guys grew up, be I was taught to not treat girls that way.

I'm not sure what the prior poster(s) were all referring to....

However, when I think of "playing games", I don't think of playful flirting with your spouse. I don't think of foreplay games.

Now if that is what people are referring to, then I'm all for it. No problem with that at all.

But when I think of 'playing games with people'... to me that refers to the crap I witnessed in high school and college. I saw 'boys' toying with girls like they were a pet. Like a cat chasing a string.

I watched numerous girls chasing after guys, who pretended that they had something special, when in reality, they could not have possibly cared less about them. They only wanted sex, they got sex after toying with the girl long enough, and then dumped her like she was moldy bread.

Now if that is what you mean by playing with people, I think you should be beaten with a stick, and then strangled to death. I don't know where these guys grew up, be I was taught to not treat girls that way.

Well I am a female and not gay so I don't use females and throw them out like "moldy bread" either. And I was referring to sexual games, but it was only a joke because the other poster had said he didn't like games. Geez, I didn't know you guys were so serious around here. :D I thought this was the singles flirty place, not the "I hate games and flirting" place.

There are NO rules in love and war! :lol:

Was single then married then single then married then single then married now single again (even though still legally married). No longer looking. Don't feel like going through the energy drain and don't feel like experiencing any more heartache in my life. I gots my computer; I gots my Xbox; I gots my big screen TV; and I gots my stereo. What more can a man want?

Oh ... and bartender ... a tall lemonade and bowl of peanuts for me. Thanks.

Was single then married then single then married then single then married now single again (even though still legally married). No longer looking. Don't feel like going through the energy drain and don't feel like experiencing any more heartache in my life. I gots my computer; I gots my Xbox; I gots my big screen TV; and I gots my stereo. What more can a man want?

You've been married 3 times? I thought third time was a charm?

In a way it was since it was the best of the three but I guess all good things must end (as the saying goes).

In a way it was since it was the best of the three but I guess all good things must end (as the saying goes).

Sorry to hear that.

Is seven months to soon to be talking about getting a place together ?

In my opinion, yes. But I have a child who lives with me.

If I was young and no child... maybe. It depends I guess. Every situation is different.

Any bad vibes..red flags.... hold off a bit.

Last edited:
Is seven months to soon to be talking about getting a place together ?

Depends, for me yes. After my experience with my ex gf I am hesitant to share a space with anyone, if you do agree to this make sure you have a back up plan and a place to go in case it goes to hell. My ex gf and my name were both on the lease so I could not kick her out so I had to stay in a crack hotel for 2 weeks until I scrounged up enough money for my own apartment, and the landlord would not take my name off the lease either.

Not so much in war, but there are in love for sure. I would suggest to you that it is exactly because people have been doing love without rules, that is why our culture today is the train wreck that it is. I would say the divorce rate alone, is a direct result of thinking there are no rules in love.

There are rules in love, and those that break the rules end up ruined by them.

I have all that too, DriftingSand ( except the Xbox ) plus I have a great cat, my perfect companion. No more drama in my life. Peace and contentment. It's nice to have a long-distance sweetheart, too. :D

I hope you have a dog. I can't imagine living happily without an animal friend to love.

Not so much in war, but there are in love for sure. I would suggest to you that it is exactly because people have been doing love without rules, that is why our culture today is the train wreck that it is. I would say the divorce rate alone, is a direct result of thinking there are no rules in love.

I have found, going by all the rules of morality, holds no guarantees of a lasting relationship. It does however, let one leave with their dignity intact. :thup:

Entitlements and the 60's led to the breakup of family life, for the most part. Those two forces have contributed more to the downfall of our country, more than anything else, in my opinion.

I have found, going by all the rules of morality, holds no guarantees of a lasting relationship. It does however, let one leave with their dignity intact. :thup:

Entitlements and the 60's led to the breakup of family life, for the most part. Those two forces have contributed more to the downfall of our country, more than anything else, in my opinion.

So true. The end of America's innocence was really the 1960's. Kennedy's murder, the drug culture, and Vietnam. Our view as Americans changed from one comprising a true sense of community to narcissism, self-interest, and "finding yourself." ;)

If anything....those attitude have gotten much more ingrained. No wonder relationships and family life has suffered. How can relationships really work if it's always supposed to be about you and your needs to "find yourself."

I have all that too, DriftingSand ( except the Xbox ) plus I have a great cat, my perfect companion. No more drama in my life. Peace and contentment. It's nice to have a long-distance sweetheart, too. :D

I hope you have a dog. I can't imagine living happily without an animal friend to love.

At first, I was in shock but I'm really luvin' it now. There's something comforting about waking up with a warm body next to you but there's something freeing about doing whatever I want when I want. I think that, overall, I'm under less stress so that makes me happier.

Forum List

Back