Since we live in a country where a majority of Americans are in agreement............

Yes, well, obviously the Repubs are not going to give up the disproportionate amount of power they possess. They have always been okay with imposing their will against the wishes of the majority.
LOL you dont like the method provided to change the Constitution, to damn bad whiner. What do you expect? To just ignore it?

LOL you dont like the method provided to change the Constitution, to damn bad whiner. What do you expect? To just ignore it?
I suppose if I were in the minority and my views were being imposed on the majority I might be just as smug and defensive as you. I should remind you, however, that pointing out the bar is high for passage of a constitutional amendment in no way diminishes the legitimacy of the complaint. I should also say if Dems ever get the nerve, and the opportunity, to do something as vile as McTurtle's unprecedented abuse of power to stuff more extremist conservatives on to the SC bench I'll expect no "whining" from the likes of you.

I suppose if I were in the minority and my views were being imposed on the majority I might be just as smug and defensive as you. I should remind you, however, that pointing out the bar is high for passage of a constitutional amendment in no way diminishes the legitimacy of the complaint. I should also say if Dems ever get the nerve, and the opportunity, to do something as vile as McTurtle's unprecedented abuse of power to stuff more extremist conservatives on to the SC bench I'll expect no "whining" from the likes of you.
LOL sure thing retard you are the one pretending you dont need an amendment to change the constitution.

I suppose if I were in the minority and my views were being imposed on the majority
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

You are in the minority.

......on issues like abortion, gun control, climate change, immigration, campaign finance reform, etc., why isn't the majority's wishes reflected in public policy?
Let's take those issues one at a time.

You actually believe that the majority of Americans agree with with the Democrat position which is to oppose all regulations on abortion, ever? I'm sure you do, but you base it on polls that show the majority of Americans do not favor an absolute ban on abortion, which is a much different stance.

The truth is that the majority of Americans at least favor some restrictions as to how far along in the pregnancy a woman can abort, with exceptions for things like the life of the mother. The other truth is that attitudes toward abortion vary by state, so therefore the USSC decision to turn this matter over the states was not only constitutionally valid, but a practical necessity.

is the number of senators a sacred number? started at 26 if i recall....
and increases every time we add a state.

when they set that up, RI had the same power in the senate as NY.

(They were smarter by far than you are)

Let's take those issues one at a time.

You actually believe that the majority of Americans agree with with the Democrat position which is to oppose all regulations on abortion, ever? I'm sure you do, but you base it on polls that show the majority of Americans do not favor an absolute ban on abortion, which is a much different stance.

The truth is that the majority of Americans at least favor some restrictions as to how far along in the pregnancy a woman can abort, with exceptions for things like the life of the mother. The other truth is that attitudes toward abortion vary by state, so therefore the USSC decision to turn this matter over the states was not only constitutionally valid, but a practical necessity.
The GOP position is that ALL abortion be outlawed.

That’s obvious

look at Texas

Last edited:
How so? How does the outsized power the citizens of small states exerts over the citizens of large states serve the cause of democracy?
if you can't figure out what the FF wanted, you ain't as smart as you think you are.

House=set up for the people
Senate=set up for the states.

Majority rule?
what country has that worked in?

and increases every time we add a state.

when they set that up, RI had the same power in the senate as NY.

(They were smarter by far than you are)
Allow me the express the unspoken sentiment held by those like you that you seem unwilling to express. You don't like democracy if it means the majority gets its way if you are in the minority.

......on issues like abortion, gun control, climate change, immigration, campaign finance reform, etc., why isn't the majority's wishes reflected in public policy?

I would argue it's because of the disproportionate representation of conservatives in the Senate, more gerrymandered districts in Repub controlled states than Dem controlled states, and the comically anachronistic Electoral College. If not for the latter we likely would not have had a Repub prez since Reagan. Hence, we'd have a liberal super majority in the SC. Nor would we have suffered through Mitch McTreason being the majority leader in the Senate if not for WY's 580K residents having equal representation to CA's 39M.

Can this be fixed to prevent the current tyranny of the minority?

Allow me the express the unspoken sentiment held by those like you that you seem unwilling to express. You don't like democracy if it means the majority gets its way if you are in the minority.
You don't like democracy if it means the majority gets its way if you are in the minority.
your side doesn't like it either.

Forum List

Back