Since we live in a country where a majority of Americans are in agreement............

iu

Damn, your spin on this? Is absolutely unbelievable. It really is. Everyone wants immigration. The vast majority of the nation loathes illegal immigration. Especially the poor and the young, whose wages are depressed by the elites letting them in.

The whole nation wants sensible gun control laws. The whole nation is sick to death of liberal prosecutors not keeping those who have stolen or unregistered fire arms, or those who use them in the commission of crimes, not being locked up for very long periods of time. We just need to enforce the laws we already have. End of problems.

Everyone wants to regulate corporations that pollute the commons. Most folks are skeptical of computer modeling programs that give us predictions of future scenarios, especially when different programs, from multiple different organizations, give us different future scenarios.

There really aren't two sides to campaign finance or term limits, there is only the people vs. the elites that control the levers of the state, it isn't a party issue. It has nothing to do with population, representatives, or partisan politics.

There is only one tyranny, the tyranny of the state.
I`m sick to death of politicians who haven`t the guts to make it illegal to keep a gun in a car overnight, not the liberal prosecutors. 40,000 guns are stolen from vehicles every year and every one of them is in the hands of a non law-abiding citizen. That stupid amendment was the ruination of this country.

I`m sick to death of politicians who haven`t the guts to make it illegal to keep a gun in a car overnight, not the liberal prosecutors. 40,000 guns are stolen from vehicles every year and every one of them is in the hands of a non law-abiding citizen. That stupid amendment was the ruination of this country.
Soooooo. . . let me get this straight.

You want a law, to make it illegal for law abiding folks that forget and leave their guns in their cars overnight a crime? . . . but?

If an illegal gun is used in the commission of a crime? Convicting that person of having an illegal gun? No so much.

Or keeping that same person locked up for 20 years? Not so much. Or taking away that person's gun rights? Not so much.

Or locking that same person up for life if caught with gun again? Not so much.

:rolleyes:

Soooooo. . . let me get this straight.

You want a law, to make it illegal for law abiding folks that forget and leave their guns in their cars overnight a crime? . . . but?

If an illegal gun is used in the commission of a crime? Convicting that person of having an illegal gun? No so much.

Or keeping that same person locked up for 20 years? Not so much. Or taking away that person's gun rights? Not so much.

Or locking that same person up for life if caught with gun again? Not so much.

:rolleyes:
Where are you getting all that?

It’s only common sense that if you leave a gun unsecured it should be a crime…

......on issues like abortion, gun control, climate change, immigration, campaign finance reform, etc., why isn't the majority's wishes reflected in public policy?

I would argue it's because of the disproportionate representation of conservatives in the Senate, more gerrymandered districts in Repub controlled states than Dem controlled states, and the comically anachronistic Electoral College. If not for the latter we likely would not have had a Repub prez since Reagan. Hence, we'd have a liberal super majority in the SC. Nor would we have suffered through Mitch McTreason being the majority leader in the Senate if not for WY's 580K residents having equal representation to CA's 39M.

Can this be fixed to prevent the current tyranny of the minority?
<YAWN!>

We've heard your Dim talking points (lies) 10,000 times.

Ah. . . so you are blaming the victim of a crime, and calling them a criminal because they haven't been able to stop crime.. .

Is that what I am reading?
If you leave a kid in the car and he dies… you are a victim. Are you at fault?

Hell yeah

It isn't the rapists fault, it is the woman's fault for not wearing a chastity belt.

Comparing a gun to a child, GTFO here with your nonsense.
In both cases you are responsible… and at fault if you abrogate that responsibility… of course

Forum List

Back