Since we live in a country where a majority of Americans are in agreement............

Use whatever euphemisms you like. People don't like that shit forced on them. Do you? If Republicans take over, will you be down with the transformations they want to make to society?

It's called
Return to normalcy.

Use whatever euphemisms you like. People don't like that shit forced on them. Do you? If Republicans take over, will you be down with the transformations they want to make to society?

Why did you delete your reply?

Want proof?

“Democracy” means only “rule by the majority.” The example I just saw on an old flick was: lynching.

The majority want to hang the guy. The only one voting “no” is the guy at the end of the rope.

This is very much WHY our Founders and Framers went to such great pains to make sure that we would not be — and why we to this day are still NOT — a “democracy.”

......on issues like abortion, gun control, climate change, immigration, campaign finance reform, etc., why isn't the majority's wishes reflected in public policy?

I would argue it's because of the disproportionate representation of conservatives in the Senate, more gerrymandered districts in Repub controlled states than Dem controlled states, and the comically anachronistic Electoral College. If not for the latter we likely would not have had a Repub prez since Reagan. Hence, we'd have a liberal super majority in the SC. Nor would we have suffered through Mitch McTreason being the majority leader in the Senate if not for WY's 580K residents having equal representation to CA's 39M.

Can this be fixed to prevent the current tyranny of the minority?

Me thinks you need to familiarize yourself on the actual definition of "agreement".

Forum List

Back