Simple Math Fail? The Robot Problem & Trump's Plan To Create More Jobs..

At least half of manufacturing jobs have been lost due to automation, not foreign competition.

We are actually making more stuff than ever.

manufacturing.jpg

Losing jobs to technology:

manufacturing_2.jpg
that is statistically inaccurate. dude stop with all of the bad numbers already. for every robot,
someone had to design it,
someone had to build it,
someone had to write the program,
someone has to monitor them,
someone has to maintain them and
someone needs to repair them when they fail.

Dude, there is a slew of new jobs created for automated manufacturing.

The fact is the numbers of those out of work are due to jobs sent out of country.
You mean for every THOUSAND robots, there is ONE designer, ONE builder, ONE programmer. And at every plant which replaced a hundred workers with robots, there is maybe a dozen operators and maintenance people.

You are not in the workforce, clearly. It is a mathematical and real world fact it takes less capital to produce more output than 20 years ago.

And yet Germany has TWICE the level of Manufacturing employment we do.

Look we all agree robotics doea pose a threat to jobs in the longterm.

But two things:

1- if its just robots, why move plants to China and mexico and incur huge ahipping costs?

2- while I hear these dire predictions, the people who make them turn out to be wrong or something else comes up to change the game on everything they predict.

Who said I was in favor of shipping manufacturing outside our borders? These aren't imaginary predictions. Robots DON'T buy cars, houses, medicine, groceries, vacations, sundries, clothes...beer...etc. They don't even buy the cars they make. You realize those goods are all part of our economy too, right?

You just ignored my post.

IF it was robots taking the jobs, why move to Mexico?
It's a balance sheet question. If robots exist to do the job more cheaply, manufacturers go with robots.

If robots do not exist for the needed tasks, or upgrading to robots is a heavy up front expense, manufacturers will go with cheaper labor to satisfy the bottom line for short term gains.

Investors only care about the latest quarterly results.

Ok, so.the robot thing may be an issue, but thats not why jobs go to Mexico and China which was my point.

When people rail about jobs leaving, the answer of robots is.a red herring.

But two things:

1- if its just robots, why move plants to China and mexico and incur huge ahipping costs?

2- while I hear these dire predictions, the people who make them turn out to be wrong or something else comes up to change the game on everything they predict.

Who said I was in favor of shipping manufacturing outside our borders? These aren't imaginary predictions. Robots DON'T buy cars, houses, medicine, groceries, vacations, sundries, clothes...beer...etc. They don't even buy the cars they make. You realize those goods are all part of our economy too, right?

It's a balance sheet question. If robots exist to do the job more cheaply, manufacturers go with robots.

If robots do not exist for the needed tasks, or upgrading to robots is a heavy up front expense, manufacturers will go with cheaper labor to satisfy the bottom line for short term gains.

curious, what does one robot cost? Let's weigh the cost against a human salary per year.

And again, the benefits of a robot are:

someone had to build it,

That means many other jobs that replace the line job.

Last edited:
Man, sounds like Democrats really are hoping for more Americans to lose their jobs. I'll never understand hating a particular politician more than loving your country. Personally, I hope Trump is successful in bringing some jobs back to America. It's too bad Democrats aren't hoping for that. Too much hateful partisanship.

But two things:

curious, what does one robot cost? Let's weigh the cost against a human salary per year.
When a robot replaces SEVERAL people, and produces FAR MORE than all of them combined, with FEWER errors, only then will you be thinking along the right lines and approaching what is happening out here in the real world.

China has no problems with taking all of those manufacturing jobs.

The OP is part of the Butt Hurt Resistance Brigade.

Exactly what are they Resisting? Freedom?

Man, sounds like Democrats really are hoping for more Americans to lose their jobs. I'll never understand hating a particular politician more than loving your country. Personally, I hope Trump is successful in bringing some jobs back to America. It's too bad Democrats aren't hoping for that. Too much hateful partisanship.
and they are all racists because they are against giving children of color the same opportunity for the american dream as white children. I'm amazed. they can't stop being the oppressive party. They love failure.

The Carrier Con: You Are Paying To Replace American Workers With Robots

Finally, the $16 million investment in the Indianapolis plant — partially funded by Indiana government tax subsidies and a promise of more federal tax help in the near future — is dedicated to “ultimately” replacing some of the remaining 800 American jobs with robots.
again:

someone had to build it,

But two things:

When a robot replaces SEVERAL people, and produces FAR MORE than all of them combined, with FEWER errors, only then will you be thinking along the right lines and approaching what is happening out here in the real world.

We get that, Noone is arguing about the productivity of robots.

If you can build robots, WHY move to Mexico or China?

China has no problems with taking all of those manufacturing jobs.

The OP is part of the Butt Hurt Resistance Brigade.

Exactly what are they Resisting? Freedom?

They don't care about fellow Americans. They're only about sabotaging Trump. They really do hope more Americans lose their jobs. They see that as hurting Trump. It's 'Party before Country.' It's Un-American.

How many humans would it take to match the speed and quantity of this one machine?

But two things:

what does a robot cost? please, enlighten me.

We get that, Noone is arguing about the productivity of robots.

If you can build robots, WHY move to Mexico or China?
I explained above.

and they are all racists because they are against giving children of color the same opportunity for the american dream as white children. I'm amazed. they can't stop being the oppressive party. They love failure.

Huh??

Forum List

Back