Just How Bad Is the US Cost-of-Living Squeeze? We Did the Math

which SINGLE event caused beef to rise by 136% between 2000 and 2019?

The $93,000 added to the price of house accounts for less than half of the rise in prices. And again, is not a single event.

Words have meanings even if your feelings do not like them.
Democrats constant war against beef.

Housing?

1701108545100.png

1701108467858.jpeg

Yes, the general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.

That would not include gas going up for a week or two due to a hurricane or pork going up for a few months due to the swine flu.
in·fla·tion
[inˈflāSHən]

NOUN

ECONOMICS
a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money:
"policies aimed at controlling inflation" · "high inflation rates"

Inflation is inflation regardless of what caused it or how long it lasts.

You posted the definition and are still too dumb to understand it.

:itsok:

That's ok, I am sure you have many other redeeming qualities.

FAKE NEWS.

Wages are up as much as costs are when compared to 2019. You dumb fuckers are being misled by comparing to 2020 and 2021 when we were in a pandemic of coming out of it. Grow a brain.

in·fla·tion
[inˈflāSHən]

NOUN

ECONOMICS
a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money:
"policies aimed at controlling inflation" · "high inflation rates"

Very good, now look up the meaning of the word "general"

You posted the definition and are still too dumb to understand it.

:itsok:

That's ok, I am sure you have many other redeeming qualities.
I posted the definition yes which does not include any kind of time limit or time necessity. And trying to pretend the definition is something other than it is makes a person look. . .well. . .shall we say pretty uneducated?

The other day I went for my F150 registration. I needed a new license so maybe that's why it was so much. I also got my state park pass and my stickers for my stand up jet s
Stop arguing. Stop denying. Would you be okay if I said their pay went up 650% and ours only 9%? Would those numbers make you happy?

Fact is, the rich have gotten extremely wealthy in the years our pay hasn't gone up. No coincidence those are the years our workforce went from 35% of us belonged to unions to 6% today.

We lost our seat at the table. And so CEO's didn't have to give us a raise. In fact we took pay cuts. That's how their pay went up, fool.

I posted the definition yes which does not include any kind of time limit or time necessity. And trying to pretend the definition is something other than it is makes a person look. . .well. . .shall we say pretty uneducated?

Look up the word general and that might help, though I truly doubt it.

The price of a single item going up is not inflation, no matter how much you want it to be.

Perhaps this will help, but I doubt it.

Inflation Is a Misused Word

Inflation is one of the most misused words in economics. As economist Michael Bryan carefully explained a few years back, the word originally described currency and money, not prices. It referred to a rise in the amount of paper currency in circulation relative to the precious metal (or money) that backed it. Later, the term referred to the amount of money in circulation relative to the amount actually needed for trade. Today, however, people typically use the word to refer a rise in some set of prices or even in a single price, with no necessary connection to money at all. So now we have countless types of inflation: oil-price inflation, healthcare inflation, wage inflation. The unfortunate outcome of this evolution is that the public no longer distinguishes between two very different types of price pressure.

Strictly speaking, inflation refers only to a drop in the purchasing power of money that results when a central bank creates more money than its public wants to hold. Inflation manifests itself as a rise in all prices and wages—not just some subset of prices. People, of course, use money to conduct their day-to-day transactions, and their demand for money generally expands as the economy grows. If the public’s demand for money grows at, say, 3 percent per year, but the central bank creates money at 5 percent per year, then all prices and wages will eventually rise at 2 percent per year. Prices will keep climbing as long as the disparity between the supply and demand for money continues.

Look up the word general and that might help, though I truly doubt it.

The price of a single item going up is not inflation, no matter how much you want it to be.
Have a nice day GG. If a dictionary can't convince you of the proper definition for something, I'm quite sure I can't either.

Have a nice day GG. If a dictionary can't convince you of the proper definition for something, I'm quite sure I can't either.

The dictionary had it right, you on the other had are too dumb to know what the word "general" means.

or maybe just too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

or maybe it is both.

The dictionary had it right, you on the other had are too dumb to know what the word "general" means.

or maybe just too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

or maybe it is both.
gen·er·al
[ˈjen(ə)rəl]

ADJECTIVE
  1. affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread:

gen·er·al
[ˈjen(ə)rəl]

ADJECTIVE
  1. affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread:

so, now you know that a SINGLE ITEM's price going up is not inflation.

My job here is done (maybe)

The other day I went for my F150 registration. I needed a new license so maybe that's why it was so much. I also got my state park pass and my stickers for my stand up jet s

Stop arguing. Stop denying. Would you be okay if I said their pay went up 650% and ours only 9%? Would those numbers make you happy?

Fact is, the rich have gotten extremely wealthy in the years our pay hasn't gone up. No coincidence those are the years our workforce went from 35% of us belonged to unions to 6% today.

We lost our seat at the table. And so CEO's didn't have to give us a raise. In fact we took pay cuts. That's how their pay went up, fool.

Would you be okay if I said their pay went up 650% and ours only 9%? Would those numbers make you happy?

If you had a source to back up that claim.

Forum List

Back