Shunned CEO is back with new browser

Shunned for supporting natural marriage, former Mozilla CEO is back with new browser

I will certainly be checking it out! I use google chrome right now but would change for sure!

Someone got fired, and how he has his own business. :gives:
He got forced out for defending REAL marriage.

:gives:

Though I suppose I should thank you for bringing this to my attention. Having downloaded Brave earlier today I find I like it quite a bit. Very quick, but seems to avoid the over consumption of machine resources that tends to be a problem for browsers built on the chromium engine. I kinda wish he'd built it on the gecko engine, but I suppose it's to be expected he wouldn't use Mozilla's engine after his falling out with them. I'd like to see a fuller set of customization and controls though. Right now, aside from the enhanced privacy and built in ad blocking, it still feels a bit too much like a Chrome clone.

I d/l'ed Brave...

... is kinda spartan - not for newbies...

... sent an email to a local Linux expert to get his thoughts on it.

Hmm...interesting...one of the reasons, well the largest reason, Brave is fast is it has a built in AdBlocker that blocks outside advertisements...but replaces them with their own...hmm...is that a distant lawsuit I hear?

Shunned for supporting natural marriage, former Mozilla CEO is back with new browser

I will certainly be checking it out! I use google chrome right now but would change for sure!
Chrome?? Good browser but a trojan, as well. Remove it. Try Opera, instead.

I haven't tried Opera in several years, I always thought it was a little quirky and too many things didn't work. But that has prolly been at least 5 years ago.
It would be hard to get me away from Firefox, if for no other reason than familiarity.

Forum List

Back