Show your Desktop

I hate windows 8. I've been getting notifications to update to windows 10. I haven't done that yet. Do I have to? I've JUST started getting used to this stupid one and now they want me to change again? :uhoh3: I also hate that they come with all the apps. I never use ANY of them. They just take up space. Is there a way to get rid of those?

I think you would really like Linux, in particular Linux Mint.
It is very clean, fast and simple. And you can forever say goodbye to viruses and malware.
How would you like to open your laptop...enter your password and literally in 2-3 seconds the computer is fully up and ready?

Mine is actually very fast. That is pretty much how it is for me now. It's a fairly new computer and I have high speed internet too though.

I would think you would like the clean and simplicity of Mint the most...this is the default desktop...
Linux-Mint-maya.jpg

As you can see - not a bunch of garbage everywhere you don't want in the first place. This is my desktop...
hsjipl.jpg

The other benefit of Linux is of course you have no fear of getting viruses/spyware etc. As of course 99.9% of all malware only infects Windows.

Yes, well, I don't know anything about that, and that is something that I wouldn't even attempt to aggravate the hell out of myself with. :D

I hate windows 8. I've been getting notifications to update to windows 10. I haven't done that yet. Do I have to? I've JUST started getting used to this stupid one and now they want me to change again? :uhoh3: I also hate that they come with all the apps. I never use ANY of them. They just take up space. Is there a way to get rid of those?

It is very clean, fast and simple. And you can forever say goodbye to viruses and malware.
How would you like to open your laptop...enter your password and literally in 2-3 seconds the computer is fully up and ready?

Mine is actually very fast. That is pretty much how it is for me now. It's a fairly new computer and I have high speed internet too though.

I would think you would like the clean and simplicity of Mint the most...this is the default desktop...
Linux-Mint-maya.jpg

As you can see - not a bunch of garbage everywhere you don't want in the first place. This is my desktop...
hsjipl.jpg

The other benefit of Linux is of course you have no fear of getting viruses/spyware etc. As of course 99.9% of all malware only infects Windows.

In fact, I've had to call the Geek Squad in a couple of times for what, to them, would be relatively minor issues. :lol: I can do a lot of things on the computer and I can work on the computer, but if something goes wrong with the computer . . . don't ask me because I have absolutely NO idea. Lol.

Linux-Mint-maya.jpg

hsjipl.jpg

In fact, I've had to call the Geek Squad in a couple of times for what, to them, would be relatively minor issues. :lol: I can do a lot of things on the computer and I can work on the computer, but if something goes wrong with the computer . . . don't ask me because I have absolutely NO idea. Lol.

If you aren't computer savvy and don't want to spend a lot of time looking things up, don't use Linux. It takes some work. Mint is relatively easy, but still, there are some things that require effort, particularly coming from Windows.

I think you could make the change, but I don't know that it would be worth the effort for you. :)

Linux-Mint-maya.jpg

hsjipl.jpg

If you aren't computer savvy and don't want to spend a lot of time looking things up, don't use Linux. It takes some work. Mint is relatively easy, but still, there are some things that require effort, particularly coming from Windows.

I think you could make the change, but I don't know that it would be worth the effort for you. :)

I'm sure it would not be. I get very aggravated at the computer sometimes. I cuss and get really annoyed. I have to get up and walk away and call Geek Squad. That way I don't smash it to little bits. :lol:

Forum List

Back