Should you even have the right to vote?

10 out of 12 right.

You scored better than 63% of the population, below 23% and the same as 14%.
Same here... Who was that Muslim woman?
Who is Malala Yousafzai?

You correctly answered "2014 Nobel Peace Prize recipient"

I missed number of women on Supreme Court.
For got Biden, only thought of the last two.

and the unemployment rate graph.

thought it dropped faster than that
thought it was inflation.

I didn't know the Pope's native country...lol

10 out of 12 right.

Who is Malala Yousafzai?

Biden is on the Supreme Court?

I think we should go by the golden rule.

If you are contributing the gold, you make the rules.
We're are close enough to that as it is...

I honestly think that is not a bad idea. It use to be at our country's start that tax payers were the only ones that could vote. I think that that was the rule and it makes sense since your politician will decide where your dollar is spent. Why should the guy who doesn't pay any taxes decide how other people's money is spent.

This brings us to the progressive income tax. Why shouldn't a person who pays more than another have their votes counted as the same as anyone else. I think that if we had some way that allowed someone who paid more in taxes to vote more then people would demand everyone to pay the exact same amount. A flat amount for every person rich or poor. That is what I call equality under the law.
Yup, like shares in a corporation.

10 out of 12 right.

Who is Malala Yousafzai?

Biden is the Vice President, not a Supreme Court justice.

10 out of 12 right.

Who is Malala Yousafzai?

Biden is on the Supreme Court?
I think he meant Bader-Ginsberg

Lets see now, you're proposing a new age form of literacy tests? I think that has been tried before, but went out of vogue around 50 years ago. They were introduced in the latter 19th century by Dr. Jim Crow I believe. They didn't go over well with some folks!

Yes, I should. ;)

This is a terrific test. And it shows results in a number of ways. It surely indicates that the majority of Americans don't know what's going on.

It's astonishing that so many people got less than half right. The results say that 80% of the (voting) public doesn't have a clue, and that's pretty scary.

There are no tricks here -- just a simple test to see if you are current on your information.
This is quite a good quiz and the results are somewhat shocking.

Test your knowledge with the challenge of 12 questions, then be ready to shudder when you see how others did:

If you get less than half correct, please cancel your voter registration.

The News IQ Quiz

Jim Crow much?

It's odd that Conservatives happily agree that voter's rights should be curtailed by imposing tests and quizzes while the seem to agree to a man that there should be no restrictions on who can own a deadly weapon.

Priorities?

Back when Conservatives held sway in the Deep South, they used tests and quizzes to maintain their grip on power. Blacks were asked to read Chinese menus, answer questions like 'how many bubbles are in a bar of soap' and other humiliating ways to repress their vote.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

10 out of 12 right.

Who is Malala Yousafzai?

Are you missing some fingers?

No, arthritis

It's odd that Conservatives happily agree that voter's rights should be curtailed by imposing tests and quizzes while the seem to agree to a man that there should be no restrictions on who can own a deadly weapon.

Priorities?

Back when Conservatives held sway in the Deep South, they used tests and quizzes to maintain their grip on power. Blacks were asked to read Chinese menus, answer questions like 'how many bubbles are in a bar of soap' and other humiliating ways to repress their vote.

And now NK, the Dems have bought the black vote through entitlements, to reverse that situation.

The more things change the more they stay the same? lol

Priorities?

And now NK, the Dems have bought the black vote through entitlements, to reverse that situation.

A rather cynical way to look at it, don't you think? If the motivation was to secure the Black vote, why do we see a voter turnout of less than 40%? Perhaps the actual motivation is to help provide a means of socio-economic advancement in the face of Conservative repression and preference for the wealthy.

Priorities?

Conservatives are constantly in quest of the Holy Grail of voting,

some cockeyed system that will magically make the conservate minority a majority.

Priorities?

A rather cynical way to look at it, don't you think? If the motivation was to secure the Black vote, why do we see a voter turnout of less than 40%? Perhaps the actual motivation is to help provide a means of socio-economic advancement in the face of Conservative repression and preference for the wealthy.

And perhaps not, NK. :eusa_think:

Priorities?

Conservatives are constantly in quest of the Holy Grail of voting,

some cockeyed system that will magically make the conservate minority a majority.

We want to make a country prosperous so we can continue all legitimate claims to the taxpayers earnings.

Priorities?

And perhaps not, NK. :eusa_think:
I suppose it's all in the way one regards people. Some see people through a political prism, as chattel to turn out at the polls. Others see people as people who deserve a means out of the poverty and repression others have imposed on them.

But if people are only chattel for the polling place, what could motivate them to vote? The promise of a party giving advantages to the wealthy and corporate special interests, or the promise of a party to help erase repressive policies?

Forum List

Back