So Now The Word "Field" May Be Considered Racist?,Then What?,The Word "Cotton"?

Rexx Taylor

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
:cow::eusa_hand: God, by the time we reach 2017, there will be a new Dictionary out there with the 50,000 words we are not allowed to Say or "Think About". Field? we can't say the word field in the presence of Black Americans? Does that mean we will soon be banned from saying "Cotton"?,yah, how will that work out when we go shopping for clothing and need to speak to a salesman?:confused-84:
Does this mean that Kentucky Fried Chicken will eventually be forced to change their name? Maybe "Kentucky Fried Redskins"? how about that name?
By 2017, going to our local grocers will become a new fear. Can't say Watermelon, ask about the Redskin potatoes, Black Peas, White Sauce, Spanish Rice and **** and Span! Or we will be deemed racists and asked to leave!!!!:crybaby::cranky::uhh:

Quit being personally insulted by broad social trends. It just makes you look silly.

• Banned
and what if i decide i need a new career change and I decide i want to become either a latex or cotton salesman? will be rather difficult having business conversations without using the term "Field".

and what if i decide i need a new career change and I decide i want to become either a latex or cotton salesman? will be rather difficult having business conversations without using the term "Field".

So now sport terms like left field, Lambeau Field, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, etc are all racist?

Quit being personally insulted by broad social trends. It just makes you look silly.

Stop trying to shrug off the fact some loon thought a woman talking about going to work and using the word field is somehow racist. It just makes you look ridiculous
No I look like a rational person by not actually giving a fuck what someone finds offensive either way. I say what I like and don't worry about it, what do you do? Overzealous political correctness is certainly a thing but for most people your tone and intent matter more than the terms you use. I often use terms that are supposed to be "incorrect" but because I am not being hateful it is never really a problem.

Stop trying to shrug off the fact some loon thought a woman talking about going to work and using the word field is somehow racist. It just makes you look ridiculous
No I look like a rational person by not actually giving a fuck what someone finds offensive either way. I say what I like and don't worry about it, what do you do? Overzealous political correctness is certainly a thing but for most people your tone and intent matter more than the terms you use. I often use terms that are supposed to be "incorrect" but because I am not being hateful it is never really a problem.
You must be an evil Republican.

I'm probably the most anti political correct person you'd ever meet. I don't care if people get butt hurt over what I say and if they don't like it they can pound sand. That's just the way I roll. :)

I'm probably the most anti political correct person you'd ever meet. I don't care if people get butt hurt over what I say and if they don't like it they can pound sand. That's just the way I roll. :)
Don't be anti PC, just disregard it. You still have to be polite and considerate to people or they will think you are an asshole.

:cow::eusa_hand: God, by the time we reach 2017, there will be a new Dictionary out there with the 50,000 words we are not allowed to Say or "Think About". Field? we can't say the word field in the presence of Black Americans? Does that mean we will soon be banned from saying "Cotton"?,yah, how will that work out when we go shopping for clothing and need to speak to a salesman?:confused-84:
Does this mean that Kentucky Fried Chicken will eventually be forced to change their name? Maybe "Kentucky Fried Redskins"? how about that name?
By 2017, going to our local grocers will become a new fear. Can't say Watermelon, ask about the Redskin potatoes, Black Peas, White Sauce, Spanish Rice and **** and Span! Or we will be deemed racists and asked to leave!!!!:crybaby::cranky::uhh:

I wonder if it would shock anyone to learn that with each passing day, I care less and less what offends people. And I didn't care much to start with, which means we will soon need to rewrite the laws of physics to express my lack of interest in the subject.

Defending people who are offended by the use of the word field? Let me give you the 411, yeah, you look silly...

Fox Mulder said "I Want To Believe," you want to be insulted...

I wonder if it would shock anyone to learn that with each passing day, I care less and less what offends people. And I didn't care much to start with, which means we will soon need to rewrite the laws of physics to express my lack of interest in the subject.

The problem is someone is going to be offended by something, the left wants this sterile environment where nobody gets offended and harmony reigns. It's impossible

The problem is someone is going to be offended by something, the left wants this sterile environment where nobody gets offended and harmony reigns. It's impossible

Particularly when people apparently enjoy being offended these days, and look for opportunities to feel so.

No... the OP makes a good point... over-dramatized, to be sure, but that was the intent... to pile ridicule upon the ridiculous.

It's one of the reasons why oddballs like Trump as doing so well this year... people are goddamned sick-and-tired of all this politically correct bullshit.

The PC crowd appears to have gone to that particular well once too often in recent years, and people are saying 'Enough already'.

And a fair number of those are whipping themselves into a frenzy, preparing to support the only candidate out there who is saying: 'phukk politically correct".

It's nowhere NEAR as much an indicator of the goodwill or character of those succumbing to that voting phenomenon, as it is 'PC Exhaustion', so to speak.

Push people hard enough, long enough, and they start to turn on you.

And, if that 'turning' takes-on momentum and actually gets traction, things change, and not always for the better.

This is what happens, when you overdo it.

This is what happens when you overdo it, for too long a period of time.

This is what happens, when you overdo it, for too long a period of time, and manifest arrogant smugness, that Political Correctness cannot be undone.

god, does this mean i may soon be banned from buying "White Cotton Socks"??

i wonder how much longer "White Waiters" will get to the point where they will have to quit there jobs being 90% of the menu items have "Racy Names"

Forum List

Back