Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty?

Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty

• Build the wall, tear down the statue.

• Screw the wall, bring us your tired...

• Build the wall, but leave the Statue up for humor's sake.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sadly those poor are long dead and gone and now they have been replaced with poor people who have no understanding of WORKING YOUR WAY UP THE LADDER works and instead opt to ride the gravy train.

That sounds more like slacker millennials than any Mexicans I've known. The gravy train is the problem, not poor people, not Mexicans. Fix that, and there's no need to tilt fascist.
One of my students arrived here from Ireland and she was not eligible for ANY benefits, and she and her husband were living in a goddamned tent. No lie. She couldn't get food stamps, nothing.

What part of that needs to be fixed?

What do you mean?
You said the "gravy train" needed to be fixed. I thought you meant the welfare system that immigrants supposedly "suck on" their whole lives. The thing is, they aren't allowed to, at least not if they're legally here . And I had clients ten years ago that had their Medicaid and food stamps and TANF cancelled because they hadn't come up with a birth certificate for DHHS, and at least in Maine, they weren't giving benefits to anyone who couldn't prove they were a citizen. So explain how this system needs to be fixed.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/

We don't have to tear it down ... but, can we at least get her some more fashionable clothes?

_pdp_sq_

Nope! There will not be enough room at the base for the liberals looking up her dress!

Sadly those poor are long dead and gone and now they have been replaced with poor people who have no understanding of WORKING YOUR WAY UP THE LADDER works and instead opt to ride the gravy train.

That sounds more like slacker millennials than any Mexicans I've known. The gravy train is the problem, not poor people, not Mexicans. Fix that, and there's no need to tilt fascist.
One of my students arrived here from Ireland and she was not eligible for ANY benefits, and she and her husband were living in a goddamned tent. No lie. She couldn't get food stamps, nothing.

What do you mean?
You said the "gravy train" needed to be fixed. I thought you meant the welfare system that immigrants supposedly "suck on" their whole lives. The thing is, they aren't allowed to, at least not if they're legally here . And I had clients ten years ago that had their Medicaid and food stamps and TANF cancelled because they hadn't come up with a birth certificate for DHHS, and at least in Maine, they weren't giving benefits to anyone who couldn't prove they were a citizen. So explain how this system needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure exactly. But the wall-cowards keep claiming that Mexican immigrants are coming here for the freebies. If that's really their beef, we can address that without indulging fascist wet dreams.

Of course, when I point this out they simply move on to another, equally worthless, excuse for building the wall.
They have a lot of stupid arguments, granted, but I see no problem with a physical barrier in areas where there are a lot of people jumping the border. It seems "mean" to the border agents to make them chase these people to ground after they walk across the line, instead of having a fence that keeps them where they belong to begin with.
A wall or fence in strategic areas is a good idea, PART of a strategy for stronger border security.
I have to admit, my first knee jerk reaction to the Wall was --I kid you not--hearing Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

What do you mean?

I'm not sure exactly. But the wall-cowards keep claiming that Mexican immigrants are coming here for the freebies. If that's really their beef, we can address that without indulging fascist wet dreams.

Of course, when I point this out they simply move on to another, equally worthless, excuse for building the wall.

What / who are these “Wall-Cowards” you speak of?
(neat catch phrase)

None of it. If you cannot support yourself, you should not be allowed in.

What do you mean?

They have a lot of stupid arguments, granted, but I see no problem with a physical barrier in areas where there are a lot of people jumping the border. It seems "mean" to the border agents to make them chase these people to ground after they walk across the line, instead of having a fence that keeps them where they belong to begin with.
A wall or fence in strategic areas is a good idea, PART of a strategy for stronger border security.
I have to admit, my first knee jerk reaction to the Wall was --I kid you not--hearing Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

That wall to which Reagan was referring was to keep people in, not out! Dumbass!

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-- or not?
Got to be one of the stupidest comments / questions posted on USMB...

20+ Million illegals in the US, approximately 11 Million are unidentified - we know nothing about them. (That should scare the hell out of those who remember 9/11/01, what did happen and what could happen)

Approx 1500 illegals reportedly cross into the US PER DAY

There is a humanitarian crisis on Mexico's side of the border because THOUSANDS of illegals, proudly flying their own nations' flags, expected to travel all the way up to our border and physically illegally push their way into the United States like they did with Mexico...but they were stopped by the President adding manpower at the border to address the problem. Tijuana, Mexico, where the majority of the Illegals have set up camp, has become overwhelmed, unable to take care of them all and forced to split them up and send them to different locations to take care of them....yet Democrats deny this is a humanitarian crisis.

With the millions of illegals in this country, millions unidentified, and millions more coming over time with no more intent to obey our existing Immigration laws that those who have come before them have done and with our own Democrat politicians politicians having no desire to enforce existing Immigration law, Nancy and Chucky played the easily emotionally-manipulated rubes by pointing to the Statue of Liberty to use emotions, not facts.

The Statue of Liberty is a reminder of a time when the United States welcomed in Immigrants from around the world through a well-disciplined, well-run process through Ellis Island, a time when America / Ellis Island was not besieged by thousands of illegal immigrants who disrespected this country, by human traffickers, drug smugglers, violent MS13 Gangs, rapists, thieves, and murderers mixed in.

Nancy and Chucks suggest we throw our arms wide open and allow everyone in - which is already what THEY / DEMOCRATS are doing, as proven by their willingly committing crimes against the Federal Government by running illegal Sanctuary Cities that welcome illegals in and give the human traffickers, rapists, thieves, and cop killers protection from enforcement of US / US Immigration Law.

As YOU pointed out, the plague on the Statue of Liberty states:

It does not say:
Give Us Your Morally, Ethically, Spiritually, Criminally Corrupt.
Your Thieves, Rapists, Human Traffickers, and Murderers,
The wretched dregs of foreign nations seeking to prey upon
And to mooch off of Americans citizens, like yokes around their necks

That plague on the Statue of Liberty also mentions 'A Golden DOOR'
- Ellis Island was once that Golden Door.
- We now have several 'Golden Doors - LEGAL PORTS OF ENTRY.
The problem is that millions of illegals have ignored / avoided that door by coming in through the windows, tunneling in, or hopping across our fences.

It's time to once again securing our borders and enforcing the fact that entry into the United States will be allowed ONLY through those 'Golden Doors' and through the existing Immigration Laws / Policies that the Democrats refuse to enforce / support.

The words on the Statue of Liberty are NOT U.S. Immigration Law. Also, they don't say give us your tired, poor illegal aliens with no way to know who is coming here. Ellis Island had examinations for health, and criminal backgrounds. If you had problems you were turned away like every other country. What's wrong with that?
Nothing. But when Ellis Island was running full bore, how could you track how many people had arrived here illegally? We didn't even have social security numbers until what--the 1940's?

My God, you are such a moron!

I'll bet when asked, "Did you go to school, stupid?" and your answer would be, "Yes, and I came out the same way!"

Yep tear it down. We are no longer that nation. America is no longer a beacon of hope but has turned to hate and fear.

So the intent of the words on the statue were so the U.S. would let in every criminal, terrorist, drug dealer and those looking for a free ride? Or did they want workers to build the country, and productive people?

Read about Ellis Island. Nobody is trying to stop LEGAL IMMIGRATION, yet the weak minded, low information types believe the lies of the Democrats, and Media. Are you one of them?
Yes, Trump has cut WAY back on legal immigration.

BULLSHIT!

Why do you have to resort to lies?

-- or not?

None of the above. Leave the Statue. Build the Wall. People who came to Ellis Island came in legally.

-- or not?
Got to be one of the stupidest comments / questions posted on USMB...

Awesome! Do I get some kind of award or something?

The Statue of Liberty had her day when Ellis Island was being used. The US is transitioning to "merit based immigration". Right now we need a wall to stop illegals from over running the place, looking for free stuff. The sovereignty of the US depends on secure borders.

p.s. the Statue of Liberty was falling down in the 1980s when Lee Iacocca restored it. Its history, like the civil war statues, its not part of the Constitution.
Conservation-restoration of the Statue of Liberty - Wikipedia

-- or not?
Just shut it down, board it up and stop with the ferry trips to it.

It is probably closed as a result of the government shutdown anyway. Call Chuckie or Nancy if you want to go see it!

-- or not?
I think you should sue who ever educated you lol

There's nothing "knee-jerk" about that. A wall is an abysmal symbol of how our nation has changed for the worse.

What do you mean?

What / who are these “Wall-Cowards” you speak of?
(neat catch phrase)
You.

-- or not?

“Once upon a time an amazing family decided they would adopt children. They have four open bedrooms and can only afford to adopt four children. They took in four amazing children and then stopped adopting children.
THE END”

LefTard Logic:
“What pieces of shits this family is....don't they know that once they start adopting they can never stop? We don't care that they can't afford to adopt anymore, we don't care that many they have adopted are filthy liabilities and tearing the family apart....DAMNIT...ONCE YOU START YOU CAN NEVER STOP ADOPTING!”

-- or not?
As they were processed through Ellis Island...

Forum List

Back