Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty?

Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty

• Build the wall, tear down the statue.

• Screw the wall, bring us your tired...

• Build the wall, but leave the Statue up for humor's sake.

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-- or not?
Dictating domestic policy by virtue of a writing contest, isn’t exactly sound...

Dodge 'em!

Any excuse to cover up the fact that you wall cowards are betraying everything that ever made America great. You're trading it in for the fear-mongering of a tin-pot dictator. Silly fascists.
Yeah, slavery was great!

Where does it say give us your potential Criminals, Terrorist, Drug Dealers, and Slackers on the Statue of Liberty?

-- or not?
Dictating domestic policy by virtue of a writing contest, isn’t exactly sound...

Dodge 'em!

Any excuse to cover up the fact that you wall cowards are betraying everything that ever made America great. You're trading it in for the fear-mongering of a tin-pot dictator. Silly fascists.
Yeah, slavery was great!

Why would you say that?

-- or not?

The poem by Emma Lazarus is not part of the Statue of Liberty. BTW, we should probably send it back as defective anyhow. I saw a picture of the statue in 1907 on TV a couple of weeks ago when Vito Corleone came to this country. It was totally green. There is no way in hell that a copper statue should oxidize that quickly. Send it back to France for repairs.

-- or not?

Dodge 'em!

Yeah, slavery was great!

Why would you say that?
Because it was part of what makes America great, right next to the one hundred year indian war that killed 2/3rds of the native population all while advertising that this was a nation of free men..Under God...or Jesus, damn pagans with their multiple gods.

-- or not?

Why would we do that? The Statue of Liberty is a great icon of legal Immigration and offering peoples worldwide the greatest from the Land of opportunity. Liberals continue to play this game that just because most Americans are against illegal immigration, it automatically makes us anti-Immigration and racist to boot.

It is time to close the US to general immigration. At 330 million we are full. No more.

Just allow immigration to accommodate legitimate marriages and adoptions. Maybe a couple of thousand slots each year for really successful people.

-- or not?

Why would we do that? The Statue of Liberty is a great icon of legal Immigration and offering peoples worldwide the greatest from the Land of opportunity. Liberals continue to play this game that just because most Americans are against illegal immigration, it automatically makes us anti-Immigration and racist to boot.

I love seeing the left and the right shedding their pretense and embracing authoritarian government openly. Former "conservatives" and former "Marxists" walking hand in hand, singing Kumbaya, kicking ass and taking names!

It is time to close the US to general immigration. At 330 million we are full. No more.

Just allow immigration to accommodate legitimate marriages and adoptions. Maybe a couple of thousand slots each year for really successful people.

We need a dome! A wall won't cut it. We need to seal ourselves off in a bubble of fear and insecurity. The government will save us!

Sadly those poor are long dead and gone and now they have been replaced with poor people who have no understanding of WORKING YOUR WAY UP THE LADDER works and instead opt to ride the gravy train.

That sounds more like slacker millennials than any Mexicans I've known. The gravy train is the problem, not poor people, not Mexicans. Fix that, and there's no need to tilt fascist.
One of my students arrived here from Ireland and she was not eligible for ANY benefits, and she and her husband were living in a goddamned tent. No lie. She couldn't get food stamps, nothing.

What part of that needs to be fixed?

What do you mean?
You said the "gravy train" needed to be fixed. I thought you meant the welfare system that immigrants supposedly "suck on" their whole lives. The thing is, they aren't allowed to, at least not if they're legally here . And I had clients ten years ago that had their Medicaid and food stamps and TANF cancelled because they hadn't come up with a birth certificate for DHHS, and at least in Maine, they weren't giving benefits to anyone who couldn't prove they were a citizen. So explain how this system needs to be fixed.

-- or not?

Dodge 'em!

Yeah, slavery was great!

Hold on...aren’t you people always telling us about how Blacks built America...wouldn’t that make slavery great?

Sadly those poor are long dead and gone and now they have been replaced with poor people who have no understanding of WORKING YOUR WAY UP THE LADDER works and instead opt to ride the gravy train.

That sounds more like slacker millennials than any Mexicans I've known. The gravy train is the problem, not poor people, not Mexicans. Fix that, and there's no need to tilt fascist.
One of my students arrived here from Ireland and she was not eligible for ANY benefits, and she and her husband were living in a goddamned tent. No lie. She couldn't get food stamps, nothing.

None of it.
Fine by me. She survived and now she's bought a little piece of land and is raising chickens, got rid of the husband, has a full-time job. It's more like the norm than you think.

-- or not?

Dodge 'em!

Yeah, slavery was great!

Hold on...aren’t you people always telling us about how Blacks built America...wouldn’t that make slavery great?
I am yet a singular human entity and blacks from Africa, enslaved and free helped build America but your facetious tone belies your statement as being useless..

Where does it say give us your potential Criminals, Terrorist, Drug Dealers, and Slackers on the Statue of Liberty?
Did we stop immigration from Italy while they were sending us the Mafia? Just a question; I'm not sure.

Did we stop immigration from Italy while they were sending us the Mafia? Just a question; I'm not sure.

Did undesirables get into the U.S. in the past? I am sure they did one way or another. Was it OFFICIAL U.S. POLICY to allow undesirables into the country? NO.

The federal government did vet the immigrants out on Ellis Island, the fact that they weren't able to filter out all of the bad actors doesn't mean they weren't trying.

None of it.
Fine by me. She survived and now she's bought a little piece of land and is raising chickens, got rid of the husband, has a full-time job. It's more like the norm than you think.

Awesome...good for her. She probably speaks English, doesn’t drive drunk or uninsured, doesn't rape or kill, doesn't abuse her pit bull, doesn’t leave Modello bottles on our beaches or ruin every community she inhabits....She’s light years ahead of filthy wetbacks, we’ll take more of her.

What do you mean?
You said the "gravy train" needed to be fixed. I thought you meant the welfare system that immigrants supposedly "suck on" their whole lives. The thing is, they aren't allowed to, at least not if they're legally here . And I had clients ten years ago that had their Medicaid and food stamps and TANF cancelled because they hadn't come up with a birth certificate for DHHS, and at least in Maine, they weren't giving benefits to anyone who couldn't prove they were a citizen. So explain how this system needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure exactly. But the wall-cowards keep claiming that Mexican immigrants are coming here for the freebies. If that's really their beef, we can address that without indulging fascist wet dreams.

Of course, when I point this out they simply move on to another, equally worthless, excuse for building the wall.

Did undesirables get into the U.S. in the past? I am sure they did one way or another. Was it OFFICIAL U.S. POLICY to allow undesirables into the country? NO.
It still isn't.

Forum List

Back