Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty?

Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty

• Build the wall, tear down the statue.

• Screw the wall, bring us your tired...

• Build the wall, but leave the Statue up for humor's sake.

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-- or not?
That poem has nothing to do with the construction of the statue, which was built and installed 34 years before the poem was applied by some scumbag politicians.

Well, golly. That changes everything. My bad.
Mass immigration isn't some fundamental American value. It has always been a leftwing con. The poem is nothing more than leftwing propaganda.

If you had unwanted, uninvited trespassers pitching tents in your backyard and telling you to go fuck yourself when you ask them to to leave...what would you do about it...how would you mitigate the issue?

Shoot them?

On the other hand, if I'd invited them and I was OK with it, it's really none of your fucking business.

Oh, we know you’re a complete badass...we get it.
Do you feel stupid yet?

No. Can you give me pointers?

Poor dblack you’re trying so hard and failing even harder. Nobody is buying the nutless bullshit you’re selling bud. The Wall is a no-brainer for anyone sane, not from Wetbackville, not married to a Wetback and without a weird Wetback fetish...sorry bud, you’ll have to try harder.

I would ask them to leave, and give them the opportunity to do so. If they did not leave I would call the police, and have them physically removed. If it continued to happen I would take further measures to secure my property.

Kind of a no-brainer...right?
We’d all build a barrier to deter the filthy pieces of shits...right?

It is kind of obvious. The "brain" part comes in recognizing that comparing private property rights to national boundaries isn't valid. But I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

Oh I see...you don’t know that We The People own the federal land?

When they're parking on your front lawn, pissing on your shrubbery it is none of our business. If it degrades property values in the neighborhood it is our fucking business...dumbass.

Nope. No one has a right to "property values".

Good to know you're happy with whatever shithole you live in.

I'm serious. You statists all want to use government to force other people to placate your pathetic fears. Fuck that. Government isn't there to secure your employment, protect your property values, take care of your health, or raise your children. It's there to ensure our freedom.

Oh I see...you don’t know that We The People own the federal land?

Yes, yes... "We the People" - again with former conservatives adopting progressive tropes. Do you have any consistent convictions or values?

When they're parking on your front lawn, pissing on your shrubbery it is none of our business. If it degrades property values in the neighborhood it is our fucking business...dumbass.

Nope. No one has a right to "property values".

Good to know you're happy with whatever shithole you live in.

I'm serious. You statists all want to use government to force other people to placate your pathetic fears. Fuck that. Government isn't there to secure your employment, protect your property values, take care of your health, or raise your children. It's there to protect our rights, our freedom.

Oh...hahaha...another self proclaimed Libertarian badass...haha...Little Joe Cartwright is that you?
Don’t you think you ought to tell your government that. I think they think a fundamental responsibility of government is in protecting the American citizenry by enforcing the laws laid on the books by The People.

It is kind of obvious. The "brain" part comes in recognizing that comparing private property rights to national boundaries isn't valid. But I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

So why have a COUNTRY in the first place? Why have borders, and boundaries? What was the purpose of the founding of the United States?

Why do we continue to put up posts that the only goal is to agitate? its well known that we are unable to agree on much, informative interesting dialog with factual anything has gone the way of the horse & buggy. yet I continue to post in reply to posts that don't promote discussion. caught up in the negative energy this site promotes?

No, it is falling down because it is obsolete. We are no longer into nation building but in nation survival. Lady has served its purpose. We need immigration control and only for those who have something to give to this country to keep it strong and safe. Low wage earners witih low education have nothing to offer but only to drain our welfare services. Most on welfare are the working low wage earners with no or little education.

-- or not?

This has never been official U.S. policy.
We have had periods where we severely limited immigration, yet if we do anything to slow it down now, the left goes fucking crazy.

So why have a COUNTRY in the first place? Why have borders, and boundaries? What was the purpose of the founding of the United States?
Countries were born and conquered. You are talking to a native American and you don't want to go to the founding of the United States.

Why do we continue to put up posts that the only goal is to agitate? its well known that we are unable to agree on much, informative interesting dialog with factual anything has gone the way of the horse & buggy. yet I continue to post in reply to posts that don't promote discussion. caught up in the negative energy this site promotes?

Things are too far gone...we are too different. The U.S. has lost its identity and the likemindedness among the citizenry is no longer. Embrace the divide...embrace the new America.

-- or not?
The statue lifts her lamp beside the golden door. Immigrants coming in through the door are a welcome addition to the country. Those people jimmying the back window are not welcome. How many more of our citizens do we have to watch die from cartel drugs before our government will control our border? Build the wall with a golden door.

-- or not?
The statue lifts her lamp beside the golden door. Immigrants coming in through the door are a welcome addition to the country. Those people jimmying the back window are not welcome. How many more of our citizens do we have to watch die from cartel drugs before our government will control our border? Build the wall with a golden door.

Dimocrats, just simply do not care. If you walk in legally or illegally to these people it's all the same.

-- or not?

Dimocrats, just simply do not care. If you walk in legally or illegally to these people it's all the same.

Not a Democrat, but if you think in binary, I guess that's all you can see.

-- or not?

Not a Democrat, but if you think in binary, I guess that's all you can see.

Dims, libs, progressives.

One of my students arrived here from Ireland and she was not eligible for ANY benefits, and she and her husband were living in a goddamned tent. No lie. She couldn't get food stamps, nothing.

What part of that needs to be fixed?

What do you mean?
You said the "gravy train" needed to be fixed. I thought you meant the welfare system that immigrants supposedly "suck on" their whole lives. The thing is, they aren't allowed to, at least not if they're legally here . And I had clients ten years ago that had their Medicaid and food stamps and TANF cancelled because they hadn't come up with a birth certificate for DHHS, and at least in Maine, they weren't giving benefits to anyone who couldn't prove they were a citizen. So explain how this system needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure exactly. But the wall-cowards keep claiming that Mexican immigrants are coming here for the freebies. If that's really their beef, we can address that without indulging fascist wet dreams.

Of course, when I point this out they simply move on to another, equally worthless, excuse for building the wall.
They have a lot of stupid arguments, granted, but I see no problem with a physical barrier in areas where there are a lot of people jumping the border. It seems "mean" to the border agents to make them chase these people to ground after they walk across the line, instead of having a fence that keeps them where they belong to begin with.
A wall or fence in strategic areas is a good idea, PART of a strategy for stronger border security.
I have to admit, my first knee jerk reaction to the Wall was --I kid you not--hearing Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

That wall to which Reagan was referring was to keep people in, not out! Dumbass!
No need for name calling, Admiral.

I have to admit, my first knee jerk reaction to the Wall was --I kid you not--hearing Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

There's nothing "knee-jerk" about that. A wall is an abysmal symbol of how our nation has changed for the worse.
It is a sad symbol, but I can see putting up a physical barrier to demarcate the border and free up our border patrol agents to do more important things than playing tag.

-- or not?

American policy is not dictated by a sonnet from 1883 that has zero legal bearing.

Forum List

Back