"Give me your tired, your poor" the Biden version

Markatmonterey

Jan 22, 2021
Statue of Liberty says, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”
Biden says of the border, "Give me your cartels, your Zetas, your MS 13, your children abandoned by parents, your human traffickers, your drug runners yearning to jump the line and rush the border."

Statue of Liberty says, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”
Biden says of the border, "Give me your cartels, your Zetas, your MS 13, your children abandoned by parents, your human traffickers, your drug runners yearning to jump the line and rush the border."
People can just walk into this nation no one has to huddled into the slums of the US.

No he doesn't. OK. We get it. You hate immigrants from certain countries. Have seen you on here before. You're kind of eat up with hate. Get over yourself.

People can just walk into this nation no one has to huddled into the slums of the US.
An attitude common to the wealth takers and other parasites here already.
USA is over a century past the point and time when "immigrants" were wanted to settle the western frontier lands and displace some of the native Americans.
In more recent decades the Law and Intent is for them to be documented, vetted, and approved before coming here.

Actually:
Since Lazarus’ poem was mounted on a plaque, it is not actually inscribed on the Statue of Liberty. The only Statue of Liberty inscription can be found on the tablet in her left hand, which says JULY IV MDCCLXXVI (July 4, 1776), the day the United States adopted the Declaration of Independence.

And ...
... This quote comes from Emma Lazarus’ sonnet, New Colossus, which she wrote for a fundraiser auction to raise money for the pedestal upon which the Statue of Liberty now sits. The poem did not receive much recognition and was quite forgotten after the auction.

FYI & FWIW;

The USA has no monopoly on "Life, Liberty, and Prosperity", and these and other concepts and ideals presented in our Declaration of Independence were meant to be instilled in other nations. The USA is an example to the rest of the world on what they could be and the torch held by Lady Liberty is meant to shed light on the world that if we(USA) could do this, so can you.

And so should YOU.

USA charges no royalty payments to other nations to follow our example of government that embodies the principles and ideals of the D.o.I.; in fact just the opposite. Given how this nation came to the aid of the world to settle two world wars, and then sent out a Peace Corps and huge amounts of Foreign Aid to help the rest of the world follow our example and do for themselves what we've done.

The USA didn't come into existence to take in the rest of the world, rather to show the rest of the world what can be done and what they should do themselves.

Actually:
Since Lazarus’ poem was mounted on a plaque, it is not actually inscribed on the Statue of Liberty. The only Statue of Liberty inscription can be found on the tablet in her left hand, which says JULY IV MDCCLXXVI (July 4, 1776), the day the United States adopted the Declaration of Independence.

And ...
... This quote comes from Emma Lazarus’ sonnet, New Colossus, which she wrote for a fundraiser auction to raise money for the pedestal upon which the Statue of Liberty now sits. The poem did not receive much recognition and was quite forgotten after the auction.

Dont bother...
I've told liberals the exact same thing but it appears they dont have the memory capacity to remember.
Or they're just partisan hacks.

No he doesn't. OK. We get it. You hate immigrants from certain countries. Have seen you on here before. You're kind of eat up with hate. Get over yourself.

Ya know thats funny,in fact I hear it all the time from people like you.
Yet I was engaged to an hispanic girl.
So how does that work?
Dummy, putting words in his mouth that you make up does not mean he ever said that or asked for that. You just got lost beyond the edge of reality. Go take a break and try to get it together, dude.

So how does that work?
Dummy, putting words in his mouth that you make up does not mean he ever said that or asked for that. You just got lost beyond the edge of reality. Go take a break and try to get it together, dude.

It's okay....
Take some Midol and take a break.

So how does that work?

It's okay....
Take some Midol and take a break.
It doesn't seem to work for you ma'am.

Another word salad

certain countries??? what does that mean? we don't have a problem with Scandinavians at the border....or Brits.....etc

this isn't 1950 or 1850 anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.....we need to cut immigration big time for many reasons I've posted in other threads......

certain countries??? what does that mean? we don't have a problem with Scandinavians at the border....or Brits.....etc
Not sure that ones from across our southern border are the only ones the OP hates so I didn't want to limit it.

Forum List

Back