Should We Re-enact Glass-Steagall?

The Glass Steigal Act should be put back in place.

The Graham Leahy Act should be repealed.

Commodities need to regulated to stop Speculation on VITAL COMMODITIES. Supply and Demand should control these Markets as it affects everyone on the planet. After 2000 they SPECULATED to INSANITY. Which caused the crash. It caused the GREAT DEPRESSION.

Which is Exactly why the Glass Steigal Act should be put back in place.

That's my position. PERIOD. And I don't give a DAMN about those who believe what happened was just purely business and not the BULL we got.

Secondly, the Federal Reserve Needs to be taken out of the hands of the Bankers, and back into the hands of the Government. It has been this way since Wilson. It needs to end.

We nearly had a SECOND GREAT DEPRESSION because of the AHOLES ON WALLSTREET.

They need to be FUCKING PUT ON A LEASH.

Whining about? You are Fing Blind.

If you didn't see how the markets affected the prices up to the crash and even today you are a complete and utter idiot.

Or you are a SELF SERVING AHOLE who's making alot of money Fing over people at the pumps.

I've seen your posts before, saying the mountain of derivatives don't matter even after the data was over a THOUSAND TRILLION, and you say it's ONLY NOMINAL AND SHIT LIKE THAT.

That's a crock and you know it. A lot of people out there disagree with you pal. Your in the markets and don't mind screwing people over to make a buck, I'd guess.

None of this kind of BS caused the Great Depression......................

That's your type of attitude isn't it...................

It's all BULL and you know it.

Whining about?

Whining about!

If you didn't see how the markets affected the prices

Maybe you can show me?

Here's a hypothetical.
I buy 1000 oil contracts on the NYMEX.
That's 1,000,000 barrels.
Contract expires in August.
I never take delivery and I sell the contract before it expires.
What impact did I have on the price?
Show all your work.

Thanks in advance!

How Wall Street Is Raising the Price of Gas - ABC News

ABC News’ Mark Greenblatt Reports:
Every time you fill up your car with gas, your dollar ends up in the hands of a wide range of interests from around the world. Some of your money goes to oil companies, some of what you pay goes to refineries, and more still gets divided up by the gas stations you stop at.
What may surprise you, however, is what one of Wall Street’s top regulators has to say about who else you’re paying: speculators on Wall Street.
Bart Chilton, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the federal agency that regulates commodity futures and option trading in the United States, said it’s time to look at home — in addition to overseas — when searching for the reasons why gas prices are on the rise.
“I’m fired up,” Chilton said. “I’m concerned and we have to look after consumers.”
According to Chilton, much of the problem is actually “made in the USA,” created by Wall Street traders who gamble on oil prices.
“There aren’t markets without speculation,” Chilton told ABC News. “It’s the excessive speculation we are concerned about.”
Chilton, who has served as commissioner since 2007, said far too few players control far too much of the market, allowing them to push the price of gas higher and higher. Chilton and the CFTC are attempting to implement caps on the total positions speculators can take when trading in the oil futures markets.
Chilton obtained an energy research report from Goldman Sachs spelling out how much the Wall Street firm estimated speculators had pushed up the real price of oil sold to make gas, due to large bets in the markets.
Using the numbers from in the Goldman Sachs report, combined with current information from the CFTC, Chilton calculated how much speculation is driving up the price at the pump for the average consumer.
He shared calculations with ABC News for the first time.
By Chilton’s calculation, if you drive a car like a Honda Civic, you’re paying $7.30 more than you should every time you fill up — to Wall Street speculators. If your car is a Ford Explorer you’re paying an extra $10.41.
For a Ford F150, he says owners pay an additional $14.56 per fill up -or more than $750 a year.
For their part, industry groups representing Wall Street say there is no evidence their trading activities actually push up the price of oil.
Chilton isn’t doesn’t buy that argument. He and the CFTC are currently attempting to implement new rules that would put limits on speculation. In response, Wall Street is suing the CFTC attempting to get an injunction, which would allow everything to remain status quo.
“They don’t want these limits,” he said. “They want unbridled ability to speculate in these markets and that’s not good for consumers. It’s not good for markets. It’s not good for the economy.”

One trade doesn't jack up the price MR. Wallstreet.

Which is exactly why your example doesn't mean squat.

Before 2000 the TRADES WERE LIMITED to prevent Speculation. The CFTC was ABLE TO LIMIT TRADING to prevent ARTIFICIAL INFLATION of Commodities such as oil.

Riddle me this. If the HEDGED BETS would only make money via Supply and Demand, then why have PRICES GONE up up and away so many times WITHOUT SUPPLY INCREASING?

You are simply enjoying the markets making money off the average joe, by trading away at commodities.

During the 2000's decade, PRICE OF GAS SKY ROCKETED and it wasn't by a FACTOR OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Who made those prices RISE? A FAIRY TALE MONSTER OR SOMETHING MR. WALL STREET.............

Four US banks hold a staggering 95.9% of U.S. derivatives: The $600 Trillion Time Bomb That?s Set to Explode | Global Research

I hope none of these four companies pass gas again on their DERIVATIVES. Oh, I know I know I know............It's ONLY A NOMINAL VALUE when we talk about DERIVATIVES holdings from 4 Banks that own nearly 600 TRILLION IN NOMINAL VALUE.

But it's no BIG DEAL RIGHT MR. WALLSTREET AND OTHERS. They are just HOLDING THIS FICTIONAL PAPER BS. No big deal at all even though these NOMINAL VALUES GO OUT OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM.

No big deal guys that they TRADE with only a SMALL FRACTION OF THEIR BETS.

This is ALL BS and YOU GUYS KNOW IT NO MATTER WHAT YOU TYPE.

Hey, by the way, What was Greece hiding before they crashed and why did GOLDMAN SACHS help them cook the books?

That story turned out real well for Greece didn't it?

Not very smart huh................................

I produce 2 million widgets.
Widgets are in high demand so I'm making a fortune.
People stop buying widgets.
Supply is up.
demand is low
SO WHAT DO I DO TO sell Widgets THAT NOBODY IS BUYING...............
In your STUPID MINDS if I RAISE THE PRICES OF WIDGETS they'll SUDDENLY SELL.............
And you people people call me stupid.

When Supply is high and Demand is DOWN PRICES SHOULD GO DOWN, but they DIDN'T.

Did your FAIRY GODMOTHER MAGICALLY RAISE THE GAS PRICES? Or did Samatha of Bewitched twenkle her nose to cause the prices to go up?

You people KNOW the MARKETS DRIVE UP PRICES ARTIFICIALLY but don't give a DAMN.

It was the banks TOO BIG TO FAIL, THAT CAUSED THIS BS.

Supply is up.
demand is low
In your STUPID MINDS if I RAISE THE PRICES OF WIDGETS they'll SUDDENLY SELL.............

Did your FAIRY GODMOTHER MAGICALLY RAISE THE GAS PRICES? Or did Samatha of Bewitched twenkle her nose to cause the prices to go up?

Banks drive up gas prices? Wow. Where do they teach this stuff?

Historical Perspectives - Famous Bubbles | Dot Con | FRONTLINE | PBS

the bull market of the roaring twenties (1924-1929)

The raging U.S. stock market of the late 1920s was hailed by many as evidence of a "new era" of economic fundamentals. Proponents of this theory pointed to evidence such as the establishment of the Federal Reserve in 1913; Coolidge administration policies including the extension of free trade, anti-inflation measures, and the relaxation of anti-trust laws; and corporate improvements such as increased worker productivity and expanded research and development.

In reality, the driving factor behind both the inflation and the bursting of the speculative bubble was the expanding use of leverage (i.e., debt) by individuals as well as corporations. The decade was marked by an enormous expansion of consumer credit, which Americans used to finance purchases of new products such as automobiles and radios, which were created using new techniques of mass production that additionally helped to drive down prices. Consumers also used credit to purchase stocks, and as the stock market escalated, investors began to take advantage of margin loans provided by their brokers. Their primary targets were industries involving new technologies, such as the automobile, motion picture, and aircraft industries. Radio stocks boomed, rising by 400 percent in 1928 alone,7 and the stock market attracted an immense public following.

On Sept. 3, 1929, the Dow Jones reached its high for the year before the bubble began to deflate. Oct. 24, which became known as "Black Thursday," marked the beginning of the stock market's downturn, remembered as the "Crash of 1929." Almost 13 million shares were traded on that day as an unexpected panic affected the markets. Although the following Friday was quieter, the Dow fell by a record 38 points on Monday, Oct. 28, and another 30 points on the infamous "Black Tuesday," Oct. 29, when a record 16.5 million shares changed hands. Following the chaos of October, the market briefly rallied through spring 1930 before plummeting again during the early 1930s.

Greater fool theory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The greater fool theory (also called survivor investing) is the belief held by one who makes a questionable investment, with the assumption that they will be able to sell it later to "a greater fool"; in other words, buying something not because you believe that it is worth the price, but rather because you believe that you will be able to sell it to someone else at an even higher price.[1]
It is similar in concept to the Keynesian beauty contest principle of stock investing.
Some consider it a valid method of making money in the stock market, particularly momentum investors; however, fundamental investors believe that market participants eventually realize that the price level is too outrageous (too high or too low) and the speculative bubble pops. The greater fool theory relies on market optimism and market momentum concerning a particular stock, an industry, or the market as a whole.
An alternative to the greater fool theory is value investing, or contrarian investing, which tries to discount, or even go actively against, the prevailing market psychology. Value investors such as Warren Buffett believe that it is corporate profits that are the normal returns from stock investments, and any higher return is possible only due to the greater fool theory.
A stock's price value is determined by judgments made based on earnings, revenue, balance sheets, and a company's future prospects. And many stocks pay dividends as a premium to ownership. Bonds pay interest and their prices fluctuate as a direct reflection of an interest yield on a given bond.

PERHAPS I SHOULD CALL YOU PEOPLE FOOLS

Just don't be the one stuck with the BS STOCKS at the end.

Supply is up.
demand is low

MARKET SPECULATION. Get your story straight.

I'll ask you again, why did the price of gas go up when I showed you how DEMAND WENT DOWN.

Supply is up.
demand is low

MARKET SPECULATION. Get your story straight.

I'll ask you again, why did the price of gas go up when I showed you how DEMAND WENT DOWN.

You showed no such thing. This is why you are a dolt.

Did Goldman Goose Oil? - Forbes

[SIZE="4"Meanwhile the futures markets had gotten wacky. On June 5, with no news catalysts, oil futures spiked $5 a barrel, the biggest one-day jump since the outbreak of the first Gulf war. The next day, on no news, the price jumped another $10 to $138. Traders say that [COLOR="Red"]in the days leading up to the $147 peak on July 12 there was the smell of blood in the water. “We just kept bidding the market higher,” [/COLOR]one trader says.][/SIZE]

15 DOLLARS A BARREL HIGHER IN 2 DAYS

[SIZE="4"Meanwhile the futures markets had gotten wacky. On June 5, with no news catalysts, oil futures spiked $5 a barrel, the biggest one-day jump since the outbreak of the first Gulf war. The next day, on no news, the price jumped another $10 to $138. Traders say that [COLOR="Red"]in the days leading up to the $147 peak on July 12 there was the smell of blood in the water. “We just kept bidding the market higher,” [/COLOR]one trader says.][/SIZE]

This is relevant, why?

Fuck Off Rabbi.

You will not answer the questions on WHY THE PRICES WENT UP when DEMAND WENT DOWN.

The last article showed a 15 Dollar a Barrel Jump in 2 Days.

Done by the Markets.

What have you shown other than trying to ditch me and my questions?

You know that this occurred and there is sufficient evidence out there to prove it. I used to look at the graphs of this BS, watching trading SPIKES on oil. When the TRADING VOLUME WENT UP, the BARREL PRICES WENT UP, and LOW AND BEHOLD my LOCAL GAS PRICES WENT UP.

Only a FOOL would say otherwise.

You know DAMNED WELL SPECULATORS DRIVE UP PRICES or they'd NEVER TRADE A DAMN THING.

Which is EXACTLY WHY THEY NEED TO BE PUT ON A LEASH IN VITAL COMMODITIES.

This SHIT was ILLEGAL BEFORE 2000.

That law allowed rampant speculation outside of REGULATORY CONTROL and they JACKED UP THE DERIVATIVES VALUES TO INSANE LEVELS in 8 years.

This caused the crash. This caused our Gas prices to go up, and it HURT THE ECONOMY because Gas is a driving factor on everything.

Unless you have found a way to ship goods on water.

This is relevant, why?

You haven't listened to anything. Trading needs to be limited on VITAL COMMODITIES.

Which is why I posted this stuff. This type of Trading occurred after the Graham Leahy Act. It allowed Trading outside of Regulators, so they could speculate oil, and other vital commodities.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Crude_oil_prices_since_1861.png

Not good at posting the pics still, but who the hell cares anyway.

I've already shown demand was down by previous articles from 2004 and after, but PRICES WENT UP.

The graph on the above listed site shows how the ICE BRENT OIL MARKETS WENT THROUGH THE ROOF. Towards the crash.

Riddle me this...........Demand went down, yet prices sky rocketed.

Was there another IRANIAN HOSTAGE CRISIS GOING ON LIKE WHAT CAUSED THE SPIKES IN THE LATE 70'S?

I didn't see one. Yet prices JACKED UP. And you people KNOW WHY THE FUCK IT HAPPENED.

Fuck Off Rabbi.

You will not answer the questions on WHY THE PRICES WENT UP when DEMAND WENT DOWN.

The last article showed a 15 Dollar a Barrel Jump in 2 Days.

Done by the Markets.

What have you shown other than trying to ditch me and my questions?

You know that this occurred and there is sufficient evidence out there to prove it. I used to look at the graphs of this BS, watching trading SPIKES on oil. When the TRADING VOLUME WENT UP, the BARREL PRICES WENT UP, and LOW AND BEHOLD my LOCAL GAS PRICES WENT UP.

Only a FOOL would say otherwise.

You know DAMNED WELL SPECULATORS DRIVE UP PRICES or they'd NEVER TRADE A DAMN THING.

Which is EXACTLY WHY THEY NEED TO BE PUT ON A LEASH IN VITAL COMMODITIES.

This SHIT was ILLEGAL BEFORE 2000.

That law allowed rampant speculation outside of REGULATORY CONTROL and they JACKED UP THE DERIVATIVES VALUES TO INSANE LEVELS in 8 years.

This caused the crash. This caused our Gas prices to go up, and it HURT THE ECONOMY because Gas is a driving factor on everything.

Unless you have found a way to ship goods on water.

You dont have the slightest clue as to what you are jabbering about. When gas prices go down do you blame greedy speculators?

Forum List

Back