Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?

Smart whites don't care about leaving a legacy, child(ren), progeny etc. They are more concerned with self-actualizing, being all they can be, contributing, making a difference etc. Having a child can make people even more stupid. Go to Walmart. See what I mean...

Children are awesome. There is nothing in this world that I love more than my children and I would not trade anything for them. If you do not have children then you do not understand what it is like to be a father. I feel sorry for those that did not bother to experience father/motherhood. NOTHING compares.

That’s all right though. Nothing is forcing those people to have children nor should anything force them. Children are not a legacy btw nor do they prevent you from being all you can be. They are simply another faucet of a full life.

The point of the thread (at least where I was going) is that the fact that intelligent people chose to have fewer children is actually causing a realized shift in intelligence. People are, as a fact demonstrated in one of my lings, actually getting dumber. That is a fact and an interesting one at that. WHY this is happening is somewhat irrelevant because there is nothing that can be done. People are free to become parents as they choose and nothing should pressure them into that.

What the hell does "a realized shift in intelligence" ACTUALLY mean?

Can you quantify it?

Can you support that contention with any facts to back it up?

I already quantified it in links provided. Why don’t you read the data that has already been given to you and come back.

Just curious

Do you feel as though you're freeloading since it will be others children supporting you and you're spouse (if married) in retirement?

Not trying to be rude, simply curious.

From a psychological standpoint people really happy and with well balanced lives usually do not exhibit a warrior's approach in the defense of their way of life.

just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

I think it a legitimate question. We are living in a world today where everyone is expected to contribute to the common good.

I was serious that the question was simply a curiosity. Why the hostility toward a pertinent question.

I honestly thought he was referring to surfer, not you.

Surfer does NOT come off as content or happy because the way the posts are constructed come off as very combative. That’s just my observation though.

From a psychological standpoint people really happy and with well balanced lives usually do not exhibit a warrior's approach in the defense of their way of life.

just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

I think it a legitimate question. We are living in a world today where everyone is expected to contribute to the common good.

I was serious that the question was simply a curiosity. Why the hostility toward a pertinent question.

Surfer does NOT come off as content or happy because the way the posts are constructed come off as very combative. That’s just my observation though.

Thanks. That is exactly what I meant.

Pop23, it was not about YOU, I actually was reaffirming yOUR position :)

Ok, thanks for the clarification

I really don't care who does and who doesn't decide to have offspring. I will also take surfers word for it that he will not need social security or Medicare. That being said, will surfer refuse to accept either?

Ok, thanks for the clarification

I really don't care who does and who doesn't decide to have offspring. I will also take surfers word for it that he will not need social security or Medicare. That being said, will surfer refuse to accept either?

Why should he?

The basic premise that because you disagree with a social program that you should then not accept its benefits is fundamentally flawed. The reality is that you are NOT allowed to refuse the costs associated (SS and Medicare taxes) so why should you not reap the benefits?

The smart women didn't have abortions. Their children are home schooled and will one day be running this nation. After the nation falls and the hirelings flee. It's getting close now.

I agree home schooling is good but many parents are not smart enough to home school. Most people who have kids should not. The really smart people are not breeding. I see it in all my "medical" friends who are remaining child-free. They are brilliant, successful, happy, healthy and self-actualized. Their lives are not ruined by kids.

I agree home schooling is good but many parents are not smart enough to home school. Most people who have kids should not. The really smart people are not breeding. I see it in all my "medical" friends who are remaining child-free. They are brilliant, successful, happy, healthy and self-actualized. Their lives are not ruined by kids.

Ruined by Kids?

Self absorption takes care of itself, in a Darwin like way, huh. I'd agree, we are not all meant to procreate. I'd limit that to Individual choice though.

What an asinine statement. Your life is not ruined by kids unless you are completely self-absorbed or incapable of raising those kids. They are (kids) the single best thing that can happen to a rational and capable individual. There is nothing, and I do mean nothing, that can fill a person up like family.

Something called "the London school of economics" claims that "studies might be interpreted". Hardly a scientific breakthru and not unlike similar "studies that might be interpreted as man-made global warming".

not true. most of the people you consider that smart becasue of no breeding, are not actually that smart. or that lucky, or both.
==============
on homeschooling.

before making a statement which is to say the least - uninformed, it is advisable to check the issue first.

Homeschooling doe not mean that parents teach their children whatever they feel like it.
It just means the kids learn while being a t home.

There are tons of online or correspondence schools one can attend and they have teachers, curriculum, tests, counselors, principals and all other material like a usual school.

ANY parent can homeschool - if the kid can "learn" at a public school, so can she/he from the virtual school.

Something called "the London school of economics" claims that "studies might be interpreted". Hardly a scientific breakthru and not unlike similar "studies that might be interpreted as man-made global warming".

depends on the studies and the area studied.

there are many types of studies designed for many types of scientific research.

some can be interpreted, some - not.

They are called "qualifiers". Look for them in an argument. If an alleged scientific study ever uses a word like "might" and "interpreted" it a bogus piece of crap that admits it's not scientific. In this case it is clearly a political rant either picked up by the left wing media or intended to be fed to the ignorant masses who presumably won't know the difference.

Most of the medical professionals I know have children.

My closest friends are surgeons. They are smart enough not to have kids. My friends with kids ALL say what a HUGE mistake it was. Most kids are toxic. They can ruin your life.

Ruined by Kids?Self absorption takes care of itself...

Yes, ruined by kids. It's not about self-absorption: it's about brilliance. Any moron can reproduce. Most do...

They are called "qualifiers". Look for them in an argument. If an alleged scientific study ever uses a word like "might" and "interpreted" it a bogus piece of crap that admits it's not scientific. In this case it is clearly a political rant either picked up by the left wing media or intended to be fed to the ignorant masses who presumably won't know the difference.

well, the studies in liberal arts would be kind of difficult to squeeze into paired t-test :D
therefore those studies won't have certainty of the ones approved by statistical evaluation

not true. most of the people you consider that smart becasue of no breeding, are not actually that smart. or that lucky, or both.
==============
on homeschooling.

before making a statement which is to say the least - uninformed, it is advisable to check the issue first.

Homeschooling doe not mean that parents teach their children whatever they feel like it.
It just means the kids learn while being a t home.

There are tons of online or correspondence schools one can attend and they have teachers, curriculum, tests, counselors, principals and all other material like a usual school.

ANY parent can homeschool - if the kid can "learn" at a public school, so can she/he from the virtual school.

The virtual school is just as dangerous.
The teachers are still unionized fanatical liberal totalitarians of the Obamacult, many are card carrying members of NAMBLA.

BS.

Teachers are not unionized. Most online schools are private. And you can and should check what your kid is studying anyway.

Saw some more retards with their demonic offspring today. Why do SO many stupid people breed?

Most of the medical professionals I know have children.

My closest friends are surgeons. They are smart enough not to have kids. My friends with kids ALL say what a HUGE mistake it was. Most kids are toxic. They can ruin your life.

Ruined by Kids?Self absorption takes care of itself...

Yes, ruined by kids. It's not about self-absorption: it's about brilliance. Any moron can reproduce. Most do...

Wow, nice attempt at smearing free education.
Fact is that virtual schooling (particularly in the sense that text books are generally free online, especially if you know where to look...) will put the hallowed universities in the graves they belong.

Imagine if you didn't have to put your life's savings just to get some "knowledge" that is publicly available by a "certified" by a parasite...

:eek:

WOW, every independent state could easily have plenty of doctors, plenty of engineers, plenty of "highly educated" people without paying a single parasite!
Can you imagine such a world?

The argument of the parasite is just that, parasitic.

The parasites can't have that now can they?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back