Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?

A lot of intelligent people are eschewing kids (often more than one kid) because the ECONOMICS of their middle class lives mean that having more than one kid will impoverish the family's ability to prepare the first kid for life.

That's not seifISHness, that's selfLESSness

I see it every day. The smarter women are not breeding. They are solving, creating, inventing, curing, healing, teaching, producing, directing, leading, governing, operating, arguing, defending, contributing... Any idiot can have a kid. Most people who do should not. Go to Walmart. You will see what I mean.

Oh so true, until they need a plumber, then the geniuses become helpless

Sorry guys, it takes all kinds of people to make this country work.

Good men are shrinking.......I sort of like the image that comes to me.

I've seen this kind of thread before. What it's REALLY about is some loser posts that it's so wrong that smart women won't have babies, because he fantasizes some sort of nutso society in which he is asked to breed all these uppity women who are rejecting him, by force.

In reallife, no woman will have anything to do with him because he's a total loser.

It's a masturbatory fantasy about raping smart women and getting lots of children on them that he doesn't have to take care of.

Pretty much like too much of society is anyway, so it's no surprise that women who do NOT live in the ghetto don't especially want to cooperate with raising various losers' get on their own for a life's work. It's a repulsive thread, with a rape subtext.

That is one extreme that you can take this to but honestly I am not going to make that jump for the OP considering that he/she never made that connection so I think that assuming they are a chauvinistic bastard is not really necessary.

I see what he is talking about but I guess you can draw as bit of a sexist slant because it is not intelligent women that this is specific to (though the research shows it is a bit more prevalent in women) but rather intelligent people in general. I also find it very interesting that the mean intelligence is dropping and doing so quite predictably. I THOUGHT that could have some decent conversation but so far EVERYONE want to take offence for no discernible reason (that I can see in black and white). That is quite frustrating. I find the facts quite fascinating as well as the perceived results. Idiocracy was a rather funny premise for a movie particularly when the underlying facts actually are true.

You thought we could have an intelligent conversation when YOU use a phrase like "stupid men and women breed like rabbits?"

You're only fooling yourself.

You started the threads downward spiral. Don't blame others

OOPS! CDZ - my bad.

Last edited:
Smart whites don't care about leaving a legacy, child(ren), progeny etc. They are more concerned with self-actualizing, being all they can be, contributing, making a difference etc. Having a child can make people even more stupid. Go to Walmart. See what I mean...

Children are awesome. There is nothing in this world that I love more than my children and I would not trade anything for them. If you do not have children then you do not understand what it is like to be a father. I feel sorry for those that did not bother to experience father/motherhood. NOTHING compares.

That’s all right though. Nothing is forcing those people to have children nor should anything force them. Children are not a legacy btw nor do they prevent you from being all you can be. They are simply another faucet of a full life.

The point of the thread (at least where I was going) is that the fact that intelligent people chose to have fewer children is actually causing a realized shift in intelligence. People are, as a fact demonstrated in one of my lings, actually getting dumber. That is a fact and an interesting one at that. WHY this is happening is somewhat irrelevant because there is nothing that can be done. People are free to become parents as they choose and nothing should pressure them into that.

Should we care that smart women aren't having kids? | Sadhbh Walshe | Comment is free | theguardian.com

I just thought this was interesting and strange, especially in light of upper education's appreciation of feminism and how feminism has gone along with untraditional family structures as well as tolerance of abortion.

There's a couple things about feminism to be considered from this:

1. Will feminism decay over time because smart women aren't having kids?
  2. Has this trend always existed, and does it explain how feminism changed from it's first to second and third waves since smart women themselves didn't have kids, but others' kids had to interpret feminism for themselves?

Good point, most of the women I know who have kids are under educated and have menial jobs, if they even have jobs at all. The women I know with good jobs and degree don't have children, thats not a good look.

Should we care that smart women aren't having kids? | Sadhbh Walshe | Comment is free | theguardian.com

I just thought this was interesting and strange, especially in light of upper education's appreciation of feminism and how feminism has gone along with untraditional family structures as well as tolerance of abortion.

2. Has this trend always existed, and does it explain how feminism changed from it's first to second and third waves since smart women themselves didn't have kids, but others' kids had to interpret feminism for themselves?

Good point, most of the women I know who have kids are under educated and have menial jobs, if they even have jobs at all. The women I know with good jobs and degree don't have children, thats not a good look.

Degrees and jobs though are not indicative of intelligence at all. Perhaps they wanted to be mothers instead of lawyers. Nothing wrong with that.

I wish I could be just the father. I have a LOT of projects I could do and get more time with my children but alas; I can’t do that because my wife is in that slot.

Last edited:

Degrees and jobs though are not indicative of intelligence at all. Perhaps they wanted to be mothers instead of lawyers. Nothing wrong with that.

I wish I could be just the father. I have a LOT of projects I could do and get more time with my children but alas; I can’t do that because my wife is in that slot.

I can agree with that, however having a good job gives you the chance to give your kids a better life. I would be able to support my kids better if I were a Dentist rather than a cook at Long John Silvers for example.

I might also remind you that my original post was to say it is none of my business if "smart women" have children or not. It is none of my business if they choose to or not

I also posted that threads like this, or more to the point, surveys like in the OP repulse me because they open up discussions not on the survey points, rather they allow some to paint a whole economic class with a very wide, very ugly brush.

Last edited:
I missed nothing by not having kids. My friends with kids are exhausted all the time. Many have money issues. They are physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and romantically drained ALL the time. Their "vacations" are hell. One man's son tried to kill him because he couldn't use the car. Children are HUGE disappointments. Better to stay single and have a dream life.

I missed nothing by not having kids. My friends with kids are exhausted all the time. Many have money issues. They are physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and romantically drained ALL the time. Their "vacations" are hell. One man's son tried to kill him because he couldn't use the car. Children are HUGE disappointments. Better to stay single and have a dream life.

Just curious

Do you feel as though you're freeloading since it will be others children supporting you and you're spouse (if married) in retirement?

Not trying to be rude, simply curious.

I can agree with that, however having a good job gives you the chance to give your kids a better life. I would be able to support my kids better if I were a Dentist rather than a cook at Long John Silvers for example.

or you might own a LongJohnSilver chain and don't bother with a degree

Generally, the more education you get the better, but it depends on education. Getting a degree in women's studies or gay athletes of Latin America or history of religion won't get you anywhere.

Just curious

Do you feel as though you're freeloading since it will be others children supporting you and you're spouse (if married) in retirement?

From a psychological standpoint people really happy and with well balanced lives usually do not exhibit a warrior's approach in the defense of their way of life.

just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Smart whites don't care about leaving a legacy, child(ren), progeny etc. They are more concerned with self-actualizing, being all they can be, contributing, making a difference etc. Having a child can make people even more stupid. Go to Walmart. See what I mean...

Children are awesome. There is nothing in this world that I love more than my children and I would not trade anything for them. If you do not have children then you do not understand what it is like to be a father. I feel sorry for those that did not bother to experience father/motherhood. NOTHING compares.

That’s all right though. Nothing is forcing those people to have children nor should anything force them. Children are not a legacy btw nor do they prevent you from being all you can be. They are simply another faucet of a full life.

The point of the thread (at least where I was going) is that the fact that intelligent people chose to have fewer children is actually causing a realized shift in intelligence. People are, as a fact demonstrated in one of my lings, actually getting dumber. That is a fact and an interesting one at that. WHY this is happening is somewhat irrelevant because there is nothing that can be done. People are free to become parents as they choose and nothing should pressure them into that.

I agree with 80% of your post except the reasoning why the IQ is shifting lower.
Intelligent people having less kids( out of the convenience) is THE LEAST of the reasons of this shift.

The main is a freeloading society.Not having the need to survive dumbs down the population intelligence.
the other one is a part of post-industrial technologies - the kids with severe disorders not only survive, they live long enough to reproduce.That is partially also the reason that some intelligent people have fewer children - if you have one kid with disabilities it takes all your energy and money to make his/her life as comfortable as possible, but it also restrains you from having other, healthy children.
In families without such devotion and knowledge those kids will eventually die and the family will have another kids.

The genetic pool of the society is getting weaker, dumber and sicker.

The best thing you can give your kids is attention.
Imagine if you realized you do not need "college", the savings not only in finances, but in time would be tremendous. You can do quite well without paying banksters with your life.
Your children would be raised without the spectre of usury. Imagine having a family with no money problems, it can happen... IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

The fundamental flaw of this thread is equating lifelong debt, debauchery, and purely selfish behavior as being "smart". Those sort of people are not smart, they are sick.

Last edited:

Imagine if you realized you do not need "college", the savings not only in finances, but in time would be tremendous. You can do quite well without paying banksters with your life.

The fundamental flaw of this thread is equating lifelong debt, debauchery, and purely selfish behavior as being "smart". Those sort of people are not smart, they are sick.

there are TONS of ways to get an education without tying oneself with banksters.

For an intelligent person that is not a problem ;)

Just curious

From a psychological standpoint people really happy and with well balanced lives usually do not exhibit a warrior's approach in the defense of their way of life.

just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

I think it a legitimate question. We are living in a world today where everyone is expected to contribute to the common good.

I was serious that the question was simply a curiosity. Why the hostility toward a pertinent question.

there are TONS of ways to get an education without tying oneself with banksters.

For an intelligent person that is not a problem ;)

Very true. The university system is a dying hateful vampire, sucking the lives out of so many fools.

Truly smart people never set foot on one of those mausoleums.

Again, imagine if the burden of usury, and the burden of elitism was simply removed from thought for every family. Yessiree', children would be raised without the bloodsucker spectre of usury. Imagine having a family with no money problems, it can happen... IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

Last edited:
I agree with 80% of your post except the reasoning why the IQ is shifting lower.
Intelligent people having less kids( out of the convenience) is THE LEAST of the reasons of this shift.

The main is a freeloading society.Not having the need to survive dumbs down the population intelligence.
the other one is a part of post-industrial technologies - the kids with severe disorders not only survive, they live long enough to reproduce.That is partially also the reason that some intelligent people have fewer children - if you have one kid with disabilities it takes all your energy and money to make his/her life as comfortable as possible, but it also restrains you from having other, healthy children.
In families without such devotion and knowledge those kids will eventually die and the family will have another kids.

The genetic pool of the society is getting weaker, dumber and sicker.
Worthy points. Our technology certainly does not help the situation but I rather think that the birth rates have more effect than you give them credit for. It is certainly true though that as we progress as a society the weaker and sicker are cared for more (as they should be) but that does short circuit the natural evolutionary process of culling the less apt to survive.

The real question is how far does that go? Will there eventually be a balance struck and the slow slide stop or does it continue until we are unable to progress?

Just curious.Do you feel as though you're freeloading since it will be others children supporting you and you're spouse (if married) in retirement?Not trying to be rude, simply curious.

No one will be supporting me. I planned well and have enough to afford all medical care if needed. I hope to die while in church praising Jesus.

I disagree. The best thing you can give a kid is a Christian or Jewish education. Teach them to love/worship God/Jesus and to have a personal relationship with Him. Attention is important. So is secular education. But the firm foundation is Jesus/God and with Him all things are possible.

What the hell does "a realized shift in intelligence" ACTUALLY mean?

Can you quantify it?

Can you support that contention with any facts to back it up?

Forum List

Back