Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Daktoria, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Daktoria

Daktoria Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Should we care that smart women aren't having kids? | Sadhbh Walshe | Comment is free | theguardian.com

I just thought this was interesting and strange, especially in light of upper education's appreciation of feminism and how feminism has gone along with untraditional family structures as well as tolerance of abortion.

There's a couple things about feminism to be considered from this:

1. Will feminism decay over time because smart women aren't having kids?
    2. Has this trend always existed, and does it explain how feminism changed from it's first to second and third waves since smart women themselves didn't have kids, but others' kids had to interpret feminism for themselves?

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,051
    Before birth control, women who did not want children just did not marry, or became nuns so they could have a profession. Feminism has been around since the 20s. So, I'm not sure anything is likely to change in the next century. But, unless and until something is done to prevent women who can't support their children from having them, this country and this civilization will continue on the downward spiral to its doom.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,847
    The smart women didn't have abortions. Their children are home schooled and will one day be running this nation. After the nation falls and the hirelings flee. It's getting close now.

4. arKangel

arKangel Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Choosing to not have children is essentially genetic suicide.
    Would someone kindly please explain how suicide is "smart"?

Could it be that perhaps "feminists" recognize that they have a genetic inferiority that should not be passed on? Maybe they are justified in simply fading from existence?

Now these "feminists" may have been propped up as "smart" by their bankster masters... They are absolutely not "smart" in real LIFE terms, which is a quantifiable fact.

Again, maybe it is best such weak minded women do not reproduce. Those women who stand stalwart against such anti-family propaganda are clearly the "smartest" in the the grand scheme of things. Results matter, not propaganda.

SO!!!

Be happy to be die with no children you "feminists"! You serve the bankster slave masters well, your would-be children are the thing they hate the most. So hate your menfolk, hate your children, be a good slave now.

Just please don't reproduce!, we need remove you weak minded fools from the gene pool.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,508
    Would you rather these women have children out of wedlock and put their children at a higher risk of developing a psychiatric illness like severe depression or schizophrenia, to commit suicide or try to, and to develop an alcohol-related disease? As one study found.

It’s worse to be raised by a single mother, even if you’re not poor.

Single-Parent Kids More At Risk

Increased health risks of children with single mothers: the impact of socio-economic and environmental factors.

6. Circe

Circe Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Smart women would have kids if there were men around who would marry and stay married. And go to college and do well and make good money.

But the right sort of men are a rapidly shrinking population. So we don't have so many children. It's men's fault.

What, did you expect smart women to have illegitimate bastards to raise all by themselves?

For that, you need to sex up stupid women.

7. arKangel

arKangel Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Yep keep on hating those menfolk. Serve your masters well!
    Thank you for supporting my point!

Oh yeah,
    Plenty of men do just fine without college. You don't need to subject yourself to debt slavery and pinko indoctrination to be an intelligent, hard working, successful person.

I do somewhat pity those so-called "smart", yet easily led women who are so eager to accumulate debt for their bankster masters... completely wasting their parents savings... accumulating usurious debt... engaging in every abominable behavior preached to them by their precious religion of "higher education"...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    They actually think they are worth something to an honest man?!?!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually I don't pity them much at all, the pity I feel is for their parents.

It is sad how many people are like the Wiz of Oz scarecrow...
    Thinking that a piece of paper makes them "smart".
    :cuckoo:

It's tragic and hilarious at the same time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  8. TheOldSchool

TheOldSchool Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    last stop for sanity before reaching the south
    Ratings:
    +35,892
    Attention smart women!!!

I will have your kids! Just holla at me!

9. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Idiocracy anyone?
    Idiocracy (2006) - IMDb

The OP is little off base IMHO though. You are attaching this directly to feminism which is rather myopic in the overall concept. I don’t see anything in the attached reference that infers feminism has anything to do with this concept whatsoever. It is not feminism that causes this trait; intelligence in general seems to lead to less children as that intelligence is directed at advancing other goals at the expense of family. Feminism is a movement that is separate from this concept and I would certainly NOT place the smartest women in that category either. The modern feminist movement (not to be confused with the fight for equality) does not seem to have any intelligence at all.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,630
    I do NOT believe the basic premise of this thread.

Smart women (including feminists) are having children.