Should US Teachers get paid based upon student performance?

Not all teachers get the same students

It is easy to teach students from wealthy communities with involved parents and top rate facilities

How do you measure teachers who accept jobs in poor communities with single parent households and a student population that just doesn't give a crap?

If they are teaching Republican children, they will only ever get minimum wage.

I doubt there are many Republican children attending Chicago public schools.
Or schools period.

Majority of Republicans say colleges have negative impact on country, poll says

One need only consider the product turned out by public education. It is nothing more than an indoctrination system, creating the proletariat for their hoped-for transformation of The United States into Orwell's Airstrip One.

Or schools period.

One need only consider the product turned out by public education. It is nothing more than an indoctrination system, creating the proletariat for their hoped-for transformation of The United States into Orwell's Airstrip One.

Stop repeating that tired old nonsense.

Or schools period.

Just calling it as I see it due to my contact with it.

Or schools period.

Our free public school education system has made us the greatest nation in the world

Or schools period.

What contact?

It's a system that works in every other field of human activity, why not reward teacher success?
Because there are a lot of stupid parents. Can't blame the kid, or the teacher. Parents who don't bother with nutritious meals for the their own children. Parents who did meth while they were pregnant. Or drank. Or smoked. Or abused prescription drugs. Some people shouldn't be parents and their kids prove it. Teachers can't work miracles, and for as little as they're paid they shouldn't be expected to.
You can't have the same expectations or standards for each student in order to rate teachers

In some cases, having a student show up for school and do minimal work is a success

Teacher salaries should be market-based. Compensation packages for public school teachers should not be any bigger than those for private school teachers.

Ha! You have that ass-backwards!

Most private school teachers in this country jump at the chance to teach public school because the crappy pay they receive there will far exceed anything they will ever make in a private school setting.
I don't have that backwards, then, do I. Unless you do, too.

Compensation for public school teachers exceed what the market would bear.

Government workers seldom consider the taxpayer.

Public school teachers are at the low end of the spectrum when it comes to pay and benefits versus educational requirements for just about any career except social workers. Those poor bastards cannot win, can't break even, or even quit playing the game.

Only for 5 months did I ever come close to what I was paid during my last year in the military and I left that career 23 years ago.

I took a $30,000 pay cut when I become a teacher.

Or schools period.

Our free public school education system has made us the greatest nation in the world

We ranked #1 in the 60s.

We now rank #24, or worse.

Or schools period.

What contact?

I deal with the product.

Or schools period.

We ranked #1 in the 60s.

We now rank #24, or worse.

In another generation of our Progressive owned and run educational system, 24th will be the "good old days"

No. There are far too many variables in the equation of student success to hold the teacher solely responsible for the student's lack of success.

Parents should pay something toward their kids education starting with high school. They'll take an interest in their kids education once they have to pay toward it.

The entire concept of Free Education is total B.S. in the first place. High School is "Free" yet the cost per student in NYC was over $21k. And for ehat? To "graduate" illiterate, uninformed young adults, most of whom will be lucky to earn minimum wage. At least they'll know enough to keep voting for the Party that abused them their entire academic life: the Democrats.

I don't know why deVos and Trump aren't making reforming education a major, key part of the Administration. It's a winning issue for us

No. There are far too many variables in the equation of student success to hold the teacher solely responsible for the student's lack of success.

Parents should pay something toward their kids education starting with high school. They'll take an interest in their kids education once they have to pay toward it.

The entire concept of Free Education is total B.S. in the first place. High School is "Free" yet the cost per student in NYC was over $21k. And for ehat? To "graduate" illiterate, uninformed young adults, most of whom will be lucky to earn minimum wage. At least they'll know enough to keep voting for the Party that abused them their entire academic life: the Democrats.

I don't know why deVos and Trump aren't making reforming education a major, key part of the Administration. It's a winning issue for us

Perhaps because education should not be a federal function at all?

What contact?

I deal with the product.

= you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

What contact?

I deal with the product.

= you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

Fine. I guess these people are ignorant for other reasons, despite their degrees.

It's a system that works in every other field of human activity, why not reward teacher success?

No.

No other field of human activity is comparable or involves so many variables to success that are out of the teacher's control.

Forum List

Back