Should Trump work across the aisle to appease the Democrats and make a smooth path for getting thing

Should Trump work across the aisle to appease the Democrats and make a smooth path for getting things done in Congress?

I would naturally say yes because we have had gridlock so long, but with the attitude of Democrats, I wonder now if the act would just be fruitless. I have never witnessed a boycott by the losing party for an inauguration before. They are acting like spoiled teenagers and I don't know whether to just laugh at the butt hurt legislators or moan the loss of representatives working for the country.

Death threats for Electoral college voters to ignore their oath and vote against Trump...Death threats to entertainers who would be performing at the balls... Lewis acting like a baby...Democrats vowing they would not honor the new president....so Why in the hell would he try to work with these insane individuals?

They will get their due when election time comes in two years again....and again they will lose even MORE seats!

Their actions prove that party is more important than country...and you would think they learned the lesson last November. THE PEOPLE WANT PATRIOTS WHO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY, NOT THEIR EGO.

Appease, no. Never. They are enemies of the Republic.

We are about to see the true face of the Democratic Party and its supporters on Friday.

Should Trump work across the aisle to appease the Democrats and make a smooth path for getting things done in Congress?

I would naturally say yes because we have had gridlock so long, but with the attitude of Democrats, I wonder now if the act would just be fruitless. I have never witnessed a boycott by the losing party for an inauguration before. They are acting like spoiled teenagers and I don't know whether to just laugh at the butt hurt legislators or moan the loss of representatives working for the country.

Death threats for Electoral college voters to ignore their oath and vote against Trump...Death threats to entertainers who would be performing at the balls... Lewis acting like a baby...Democrats vowing they would not honor the new president....so Why in the hell would he try to work with these insane individuals?

They will get their due when election time comes in two years again....and again they will lose even MORE seats!

Their actions prove that party is more important than country...and you would think they learned the lesson last November. THE PEOPLE WANT PATRIOTS WHO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY, NOT THEIR EGO.

You do know that Democrats won seats and Republicans lost seats in both the Senate and the House, right?

The American public is tired of the hyperpartisans in both parties who see compromise as a weakness.

Trump said he'd work with both parties to get things done. I take him at his word.

Why would you, or anyone, take him at his word?

It is McConnell that will need to deal with Schumer.

Pelosi is old news and toothless.

Trump will only need to decide whether to sign or veto bills.

You guys and gals are all forgetting how the Federal Government works.

Trump is just the President he is not Superman or God.

He only thinks he is.

Whatever he does will be called a success by his supporters even if he is for something now that is 180 degrees opposite of what he campaigned on.

It reminds me of the guy who runs for an office and one of his senior staffers comes up to him one day with his resignation letter. When the guy (who was a Senator) asks his staffer, “What the hell are you doing?”, the staffer looks at him and simply says, “I don’t know what we stand for. The one thing we seem to be for is winning and the one thing we seem to be against is someone else winning.”

I’m thoroughly unsure what a Trump presidency will look like so I take wait and see attitude to the policy pronouncements. Since he has no idea what he is doing, you could see anything. Since he has never had a poor day in his life nor has anyone he has ever met and got to know…I wouldn’t expect anything to change on Main Street unless it happens by accident.

The only thing that is sure is this. It is roughly 1154 days until Super Tuesday in 2020. Normally, this tells us who the nominee will be fore the parties. Whomever is nominated by the Democrats will have a school yard moniker attached to their name even if they and Trump agreed on everything he did for the previous 1153 days. If it is Ivanka who is the Dem nominee, she will be called the most disrespectful of names.

He is for Trump. Any belief that his goals extend beyond that is wishful thinking.

To appease anyone? No, absolutely not...... BUT all our government officials (Trump, other Republicans & Democrats) need to work together for the benefit of this country they work for & the people that hired them.

NO APPEASING

NO COMPROMISES

I completely agree, however I dont say that it be done as a form of retaliation for how either side held up the other over the last 16 years, I mean it because Trumps election indicated one thing, the voters in this country are sick and tired of the way things were going with the party picks. The election showed that the public wants to see change, but the know that the only they are going to see change at the bottom is if the top changes first. (trickle down change). If we keep electing the people that the RNC or the DNC spoon fed us to vote for, we can only expect to see the same things as a result.
Hopefully BOTH sides see this for what it is, people want that change that was promised.The next four years could put the democrats in charge again, or it could see the republicans occupy 90%+. and in a perfect world, we would see pretty much an even split, as intended.

You do know that Democrats won seats and Republicans lost seats in both the Senate and the House, right?

The American public is tired of the hyperpartisans in both parties who see compromise as a weakness.

Trump said he'd work with both parties to get things done. I take him at his word.

So do I. He's already said he will reach across the aisle something Douchebag never did.

Forum List

Back