Should Trump work across the aisle to appease the Democrats and make a smooth path for getting thing

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Should Trump work across the aisle to appease the Democrats and make a smooth path for getting things done in Congress?

I would naturally say yes because we have had gridlock so long, but with the attitude of Democrats, I wonder now if the act would just be fruitless. I have never witnessed a boycott by the losing party for an inauguration before. They are acting like spoiled teenagers and I don't know whether to just laugh at the butt hurt legislators or moan the loss of representatives working for the country.

Death threats for Electoral college voters to ignore their oath and vote against Trump...Death threats to entertainers who would be performing at the balls... Lewis acting like a baby...Democrats vowing they would not honor the new president....so Why in the hell would he try to work with these insane individuals?

They will get their due when election time comes in two years again....and again they will lose even MORE seats!

Their actions prove that party is more important than country...and you would think they learned the lesson last November. THE PEOPLE WANT PATRIOTS WHO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY, NOT THEIR EGO.

It doesn't matter if the efforts work, they must be made. Not everyone need be cooperative or put the nation first, just a few can make a big difference.

Thank you for that. Of course you are right. I would hate to see Trump act via EO's like Obama did. We need a president, not a king.

He should reach every bit as much as obama and the democrats reached out to the republicans.
at this point, I think its up to the democrats to concede a bit and do the reaching to try and regain some of their limited credibility.

Given that he is the most liberal Republican ever elected President, why wouldn't he?

Besides, he said he would.

And the American public is tired of the extremists in both parties holding the government hostage.

Given that he is the most liberal Republican ever elected President, why wouldn't he?

Besides, he said he would.

And the American public is tired of the extremists in both parties holding the government hostage.
I'd settle for the government actually being held hostage, for years.

Should Trump work across the aisle to appease the Democrats and make a smooth path for getting things done in Congress?

I would naturally say yes because we have had gridlock so long, but with the attitude of Democrats, I wonder now if the act would just be fruitless. I have never witnessed a boycott by the losing party for an inauguration before. They are acting like spoiled teenagers and I don't know whether to just laugh at the butt hurt legislators or moan the loss of representatives working for the country.

Death threats for Electoral college voters to ignore their oath and vote against Trump...Death threats to entertainers who would be performing at the balls... Lewis acting like a baby...Democrats vowing they would not honor the new president....so Why in the hell would he try to work with these insane individuals?

They will get their due when election time comes in two years again....and again they will lose even MORE seats!

Their actions prove that party is more important than country...and you would think they learned the lesson last November. THE PEOPLE WANT PATRIOTS WHO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY, NOT THEIR EGO.

You do know that Democrats won seats and Republicans lost seats in both the Senate and the House, right?

The American public is tired of the hyperpartisans in both parties who see compromise as a weakness.

Trump said he'd work with both parties to get things done. I take him at his word.

The past actions of democrats should not be the standard to which Trump holds himself. He should forego the natural cycle of revenge, which only drives the fences deeper into the ground, in favor of true statesman like conduct, which would only expose the democrats to further ridicule as their immaturity becomes ever more clear.

That being said, however, he must also be very cognizant of just who he is dealing with. Too many Republicans in the past have forgotten just who the democrats are and how they do everything with the sole goal of increasing their power. "Speak softly and carry a big stick", indeed.

NO APPEASING

NO COMPROMISES

I'd settle for the government actually being held hostage, for years.

You are in the minority.
I highly doubt that. There are still more of we the producers than there are parasites.

cz4gothjaemp9ol_e05neq.png

Americans' Desire for Gov't Leaders to Compromise Increases

It is McConnell that will need to deal with Schumer.

Pelosi is old news and toothless.

Trump will only need to decide whether to sign or veto bills.

You guys and gals are all forgetting how the Federal Government works.

Trump is just the President he is not Superman or God.

The past actions of democrats should not be the standard to which Trump holds himself. He should forego the natural cycle of revenge, which only drives the fences deeper into the ground, in favor of true statesman like conduct, which would only expose the democrats to further ridicule as their immaturity becomes ever more clear.

That being said, however, he must also be very cognizant of just who he is dealing with. Too many Republicans in the past have forgotten just who the democrats are and how they do everything with the sole goal of increasing their power. "Speak softly and carry a big stick", indeed.
Jeeze you have the shoe on the wrong foot -- probably both of them -- so you now walk and talk pigeon-toed.

It is the GOP that has behaved badly under McConnell and Boehner.

Have you been living under a rock ??

Or are you a spam bot that I need to put onto the ignore list ??

It is McConnell that will need to deal with Schumer.

Pelosi is old news and toothless.

Trump will only need to decide whether to sign or veto bills.

You guys and gals are all forgetting how the Federal Government works.

Trump is just the President he is not Superman or God.
But, but, but Obama was the Messiah!

Jeeze you have the shoe on the wrong foot -- probably both of them -- so you now walk and talk pigeon-toed.

It is the GOP that has behaved badly under McConnell and Boehner.

Have you been living under a rock ??

Or are you a spam bot that I need to put onto the ignore list ??
How strong is your commitment to that stance? Do you maintain democrat innocence or are you pragmatic enough to acknowledge that they have a long history of demanding things be done only in ways that benefit themselves?

Take for one example the "nuclear option". When the Republicans were in power and merely talked about using it, the democrats screamed bloody murder about how important were the rights of the minority party. Naturally, the Republicans backed off, but when the democrats were back in power, all that rhetoric went right out the window and Reid went nuclear.

Under Obama "cooperation" meant one thing, "capitulation". If you think Trump was elected to " compromise" with Dems you are just not politically astute. If you think Pubs actually "obstructed" Obama you've had your head in the sand, and that's putting it nicely.
He got everything he wanted for the last 8 years. The Pubs tried ONE time to stop him, that's when Obama convinced everybody that the Gov "shut down". It was all horseshit, we were told that it was going to KILL us at the ballot box and we took the House.
Pardon me calling bullshit on you people who ONLY wasn't compromise when YOUR side doesn't have any power.

New Topics

Forum List

Back