Should there be a mandatory civics exam before you can vote?

we actually need to get MORE people to vote, like the 44% of Americans, eligible to vote, who do not vote.... imo.
As long as they are registered voters, I'd like to see 100% turn out. Illegal voters, dead people votes, and multiple votes by one person should be thrown out. These things would be precluded by a sensible voter ID system. That's why the Democrats opposed voter ID.

Hillary would have lost the popular vote if the illegals hadn't been counted.
i'm sorry, but that is simply right wing FANTASY... :rolleyes: it truly is....

Illegals charged for voting in presidential election

Illegals will be voting in the 2016 election | Flopping Aces

Democrats Benefit From Illegal Immigrant Voting | HuffPost

None of which supports the ridiculous assertion that 'Hillary would have lost the popular vote if the illegals hadn't been counted."

Illegals make up about 3% of population and even with (crazy) allowance for same voting participation 100% of them would have had voted for Hillary for her to lose popular vote without them. Total fucking nonsence.
How many illegals in California?
California has the largest immigrant population in the United States, and a recent study from the University of California's Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration estimates that about 7 percent of California residents – more than 2.6 million people – are in the country illegally.

There is a civics exam for aliens who become citizen and we assume that American kids born in America receive an ample education in civics by the time they graduate from High School. The problem of course is in the education system. Kids learn how to put a condom on a banana and call it civics.

Why not let's worry about who buys our politicians? We now have a choice between only two candidates bought and paid for by the ownership class. hilary and trump. Which one stinks less and no third party allowed in any debates.
Newsflash. Hillary is no longer a candidate for anything other than prosecution for criminal actions.

California has the largest immigrant population in the United States, and a recent study from the University of California's Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration estimates that about 7 percent of California residents – more than 2.6 million people – are in the country illegally.

Break down the demographics and almost half of those are under 18. And even if every illegal voted, you're far short of the 5 million Trump claimed voted illegally in california.

if you're going to quote me

I should go ahead and do it however I please? Ah, don't bother answering, I just don't care if you approve or not. I do think it's funny though that you are so worked up in this thread that wants to filter out stupid people from voting. You would definitely be filtered out.

So let's here it everyone. Should this assclown be filtered out from voting? Is that fair and just? Please support your response with evidence.
That's funny. "So let's here it everyone."

I'm sorry! I c*** here you. I have an infuction in my ear!

Last edited:
There is a civics exam for aliens who become citizen and we assume that American kids born in America receive an ample education in civics by the time they graduate from High School. The problem of course is in the education system. Kids learn how to put a condom on a banana and call it civics.

Here's a civics question for you. To show what you know about how presidential elections actually work. Can a convicted felon vote for the president?

That kind of thing was tried before and it did not go well.
I just figured with the asinine test to buy a gun thread people might be open to it.
for many on the left, it's only open to it if it benefits them.

Thank goodness the people on the right are not that way

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
didn't say they were not. but in this instance *many on the left* (notice i did not go all inclusive) do want it their way and only their way. as for the right not budging - agreed. they won't have it any other way due to decades of the left not even taking the time to learn about guns, just demonize them and say THEY GOTS TO GO BUT WE AIN'T COMIN FOR THEM!!!!

but hey - i won a bet knowing you'd say this. :)

I don’t believe this discussion. Just goes to show you that the posters on this thread most likely would fail such tests. Ms. Daniels previously noted, knowingly or not but definitely ironically, that her Uncle Jim used to crow about such a system. Yes, they were called poll taxes and literacy tests, and used to disenfranchise blacks and to enforce Jim Crow laws in our post civil war past. Maybe this is what Trump means when he says “Make America Great Again”. I hope that “once was enough” accurately describes our country’s experience with this policy mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disenfranchise blacks?

You speak as if there is an absolute right to vote. Is that your position, that rights are absolute?

Might save us from uninformed & dangerous people.

Lets start with mandatory civics, history and ethics lessons for our clown president.

Obama's been out of office for awhile. What good would that do now?

Obama had a distinguished degree form Ivy League law school and did crazy shit like...READ A BOOK once in a while.

There were ZERO indictments in his administration, a first in modern history.
Pretty easy to do when you refuse to prosecute criminal behavior.

Trump Tweet from February 10:

"Republicans want to fix DACA far more than the Democrats do. The Dems had all three branches of government back in 2008-2011, and they decided not to do anything about DACA. They only want to use it as a campaign issue. Vote Republican!"

Dumb ass doesn't know the three branches.

Three illegal aliens in Illinois were indicted on felony charges for voting in the 2016 election.

The clerk’s office of Lake County, north of Chicago, discovered the alleged crimes, charging three illegal aliens with perjury for misrepresenting their citizenship. Two other local residents were charged with voting twice

Do you think those 5 votes tipped the election? Is it worth the millions of legal voters disenfranchised to stop 5 illegal votes?
You dimwit. This is only an example. The tally of illegal votes from California and New York will likely never be known. There are other instances elsewhere of more votes being recorded than there were registered voters living in the precincts.

Don't try to blow smoke up my dress by telling me only a few illegal votes are insignificant.
Voters document who they are and that they are eligible to vote when they register to vote; as long as they remain active and eligible on the voter registration rolls, no further proof is necessary, and the voter should be allowed to vote.

If elections officials suspect a particular voter is attempting to commit fraud, they’ll address that matter with that specific voter.

Otherwise, requiring lawfully registered voters to needlessly document their identity is an undue and un-Constitutional burden on the right to vote.

The only reason why you and others on the right support voter ID laws is because you believe it will adversely effect those whom you perceive to be likely Democratic voters, preventing them from voting.

Might save us from uninformed & dangerous people.

Lets start with mandatory civics, history and ethics lessons for our clown president.

Obama's been out of office for awhile. What good would that do now?

Obama had a distinguished degree form Ivy League law school and did crazy shit like...READ A BOOK once in a while.

There were ZERO indictments in his administration, a first in modern history.
Pretty easy to do when you refuse to prosecute criminal behavior.

Yep, that devil Obama knew just how to put a spell over the opposition party and the justice system.

Do you notice how rightwinger positions constatly require underpinnings of amazingly big, complex conspiracy theories?

Why on earth would you need to know civics to vote?

Only geeks who post on message boards need to know that

Three illegal aliens in Illinois were indicted on felony charges for voting in the 2016 election.

The clerk’s office of Lake County, north of Chicago, discovered the alleged crimes, charging three illegal aliens with perjury for misrepresenting their citizenship. Two other local residents were charged with voting twice

Do you think those 5 votes tipped the election? Is it worth the millions of legal voters disenfranchised to stop 5 illegal votes?
You dimwit. This is only an example. The tally of illegal votes from California and New York will likely never be known. There are other instances elsewhere of more votes being recorded than there were registered voters living in the precincts.

Don't try to blow smoke up my dress by telling me only a few illegal votes are insignificant.
Voters document who they are and that they are eligible to vote when they register to vote; as long as they remain active and eligible on the voter registration rolls, no further proof is necessary, and the voter should be allowed to vote.

If elections officials suspect a particular voter is attempting to commit fraud, they’ll address that matter with that specific voter.

Otherwise, requiring lawfully registered voters to needlessly document their identity is an undue and un-Constitutional burden on the right to vote.

The only reason why you and others on the right support voter ID laws is because you believe it will adversely effect those whom you perceive to be likely Democratic voters, preventing them from voting.
There is no explicit right to vote in the Constitution.
U.S. Constitution is not explicit on the right to vote, Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan says

There is certainly no right for votes to come from dead people.
There is certainly no right for non-citizens to vote.
There is certainly no right for a citizen to vote more than once per election.

These three things are preventable by simple, free voter ID requirements. Since Democrats use and promote the use of all three, they oppose any form of required voter ID that prevents any one of the three.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

There is no explicit right to vote in the Constitution.
U.S. Constitution is not explicit on the right to vote, Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan says

There is certainly no right for a citizen to vote more than once per election.

These three things are preventable by simple, free voter ID requirements. Since Democrats use and promote the use of all three, they oppose any form of required voter ID that prevents any one of the three.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

There is certainly no right for a citizen to vote more than once per election

Show me

Forum List

Back