Should there be a mandatory civics exam before you can vote?

That kind of thing was tried before and it did not go well.
I just figured with the asinine test to buy a gun thread people might be open to it.
for many on the left, it's only open to it if it benefits them.

Thank goodness the people on the right are not that way

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
didn't say they were not. but in this instance *many on the left* (notice i did not go all inclusive) do want it their way and only their way. as for the right not budging - agreed. they won't have it any other way due to decades of the left not even taking the time to learn about guns, just demonize them and say THEY GOTS TO GO BUT WE AIN'T COMIN FOR THEM!!!!

but hey - i won a bet knowing you'd say this. :)

I don’t believe this discussion. Just goes to show you that the posters on this thread most likely would fail such tests. Ms. Daniels previously noted, knowingly or not but definitely ironically, that her Uncle Jim used to crow about such a system. Yes, they were called poll taxes and literacy tests, and used to disenfranchise blacks and to enforce Jim Crow laws in our post civil war past. Maybe this is what Trump means when he says “Make America Great Again”. I hope that “once was enough” accurately describes our country’s experience with this policy mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MAGA = My Accountant Got Arrested

I don’t believe this discussion. Just goes to show you that the posters on this thread most likely would fail such tests. Ms. Daniels previously noted, knowingly or not but definitely ironically, that her Uncle Jim used to crow about such a system. Yes, they were called poll taxes and literacy tests, and used to disenfranchise blacks and to enforce Jim Crow laws in our post civil war past. Maybe this is what Trump means when he says “Make America Great Again”. I hope that “once was enough” accurately describes our country’s experience with this policy mistake.

This thread is more of a way of letting off steam than proposing constitutional solutions. Like the threads suggesting a law to confiscate all guns, or a law to ban all abortions.

This thread is more of a way of letting off steam than proposing constitutional solutions. Like the threads suggesting a law to confiscate all guns, or a law to ban all abortions.

Why:

He just started a thread about a solution to a non existing problem, Just like the equally dumb gun control thread.

Next up, Government mandated masturbation training.

OH Wait, that's in sex ed already.

Never Mind

Why:

He just started a thread about a solution to a non existing problem, Just like the equally dumb gun control thread.

Never Mind

If every thread had to be a solution to an actual problem, they could run this site off a used commodore 64. They seem to want people talking about a whole range of subjects, whether they make sense or not.

Why:

No, not a solution but definitely a problem. What else would you call our national election of this dangerous buffoon?

Why:

No, not a solution but definitely a problem. What else would you call our national election of this dangerous buffoon?

Slimdugger99

You want to fix your post? Quit making it look like I added the last line. Maybe we should have training classes before people are allowed to post in here?

Might save us from uninformed & dangerous people.

Lets start with mandatory civics, history and ethics lessons for our clown president.

Obama's been out of office for awhile. What good would that do now?

Obama had a distinguished degree form Ivy League law school and did crazy shit like...READ A BOOK once in a while.

There were ZERO indictments in his administration, a first in modern history.

Lets start with mandatory civics, history and ethics lessons for our clown president.

Obama had a distinguished degree form Ivy League law school and did crazy shit like...READ A BOOK once in a while.

You admired how he looked in a dress. Go ahead and admit it.

Why:

OH Wait, that's in sex Ed already.
Never mind.

...are all Trumpsters mentally deficient with a side of pathetic?

...are all Trumpsters mentally deficient?

You a Trumpster? Such an admission. MAGA dude?

Really admire Trumps expertise in grabbing puss ,,,,A cheat a degenerate a grifter and those are his good points

Why:

Slimdugger99

You want to fix your post? Quit making it look like I added the last line. Maybe we should have training classes before people are allowed to post in here?

I don’t control what gets published on this site or who each post is attributed to. My last post vanished, and when I tried to repost, my words appeared in someone else’s opinion. You need to know what you’re talking about before you make assertions and assumptions.

Really admire Trumps expertise in grabbing puss ,,,,A cheat a degenerate a grifter and those are his good points

AND someone who actually took North Korea's nuclear threat seriously. Maybe you should grab a pussy or two (with their permission of course), you seem mighty frustrated.

Why:

Slimdugger99

I don’t control what gets published on this site or who each post is attributed to. My last post vanished, and when I tried to repost, my words appeared in someone else’s opinion. You need to know what you’re talking about before you make assertions and assumptions.

OMG, it's a conspiricy, right? USMB is out ta getcha!

Why:

Slimdugger99

You’re the message board expert. You explain to me how I can magically insert my words into your post? Only USMB controls what, where, and when, the things we type appear on the site. My last post still hasn’t made an appearance anywhere.

Why:

Slimdugger99

You’re the message board expert. You explain to me how I can magically insert my words into your post? Only USMB controls what, where, and when, the things we type appear on the site. My last post still hasn’t made an appearance anywhere.

You posted within my quote. Geez. Just fix the damn thing.

we actually need to get MORE people to vote, like the 44% of Americans, eligible to vote, who do not vote.... imo.
As long as they are registered voters, I'd like to see 100% turn out. Illegal voters, dead people votes, and multiple votes by one person should be thrown out. These things would be precluded by a sensible voter ID system. That's why the Democrats opposed voter ID.

Hillary would have lost the popular vote if the illegals hadn't been counted.
i'm sorry, but that is simply right wing FANTASY... :rolleyes: it truly is....

Illegals charged for voting in presidential election

http://www.floppingaces.net/2015/02/15/illegals-will-be-voting-in-the-2016-election/

Democrats Benefit From Illegal Immigrant Voting | HuffPost

Forum List

Back