Should the President...

Can the president dissolve a media outlet when that outlet criticizes him?

• Yes! The fake news is the enemy of the people

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No! We live under a constitution that protects the press

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
If you guys just learned to read, you could have a paper ballot...Good LUCK!

Republican hero from 2000 - A real beauty! :rolleyes-41:

harrisdogs.jpg
Ah the Putin of 2000........you guys are hilarious.

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?

No but quite the opposite Nosmo King
Trump and Conservatives wanting better media coverage are better off
uniting and investing their own money putting that where their mouths are.

Conservatives are the foremost advocate of free enterprise, and changing things by capitalism and free market forces.
So these "rich conservatives" need to QUIT WHINING LIKE LIBERAL SNOWFLAKES about PRIVATELY owned facebook, google, etc.
and organize their OWN networks of media outreach and bias. So they can pay for their own free speech 24/7.

That's free market. That's free speech.
Quit whining and practice what you preach!!!

"i can be more presidential than anybody. i can be more presidential if i want to be, i can be more presidential than abe...i can be more presidential than anybody...i would say more presidential, and i've said this a couple of times, more presidential than anybody in the history of the world other than the great Abe Lincoln. He was very presidential, right?" - PRESIDENT Trump

the liberal men who have 400 pound wives are jealous of Trump. guys who really know him know he's a great president!

I consider anti-fa to be the enemy of the people, but until they do an actual criminal act they can go on as they please.

Personally, I consider the alt-right (white nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Fascists - aka Trump supporters) to be the enemy of the people. To each their own enemy of the people.

I notice that Marty stated that his defined "enemies" had a right to do as they please until they commit a crime, but YOU didn't feel the need to concede YOUR enemies any rights at all.

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
No. But the President has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against the medias propogandizing of the news.

The media wants to criticize, but not be criticized. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Journalism is no sacred cow. We have had many examples of propagandization of news in this country...although previously it wasn't so one sided. I was born in a county where the news paper is called to this day The Republican, and the neighboring county to where I live today is The Democrat. This is nothing new. But it is very lopsided today. The three major papers in Missouri, including the one in heavily red Southwest Missouri, are all liberal controlled. The local televisions news is no different...as left leaning as they can get away with.

I can very easily help you understand how we feel. We feel about the rest of the media the way you feel about Sinclair Group and Fox News. You just can't see it, because you agree with the MSM bias.
Doesn't this President want to criticize but not be criticized?

I'm sure he'd PREFER not to be criticized; I doubt he seriously expects that to happen. Truthfully, given his character, I think Trump would actually be disappointed if no one criticized him or wailed about him; he thrives on the melodrama, haven't you noticed?

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

NO
He seriously questioned getting Rush off the air though....LOL
No one's perfect, don't get mad.

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

What Trump "did to" Brennan? You mean revoking a courtesy and completely discretionary security clearance? My God, the horror of it all!

what is it about Trump that makes him give Hannity his biggest ratings. even in the old days, he used to dominate Larry King, and during sweeps everyone would call and beg him to come on their show.

You should quit trolling or get better questions, so far you are disappointing.

Maybe a good poll question should Nosmo King keep posting troll threads?

No. But the President has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against the medias propogandizing of the news.

The media wants to criticize, but not be criticized. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Journalism is no sacred cow. We have had many examples of propagandization of news in this country...although previously it wasn't so one sided. I was born in a county where the news paper is called to this day The Republican, and the neighboring county to where I live today is The Democrat. This is nothing new. But it is very lopsided today. The three major papers in Missouri, including the one in heavily red Southwest Missouri, are all liberal controlled. The local televisions news is no different...as left leaning as they can get away with.

I can very easily help you understand how we feel. We feel about the rest of the media the way you feel about Sinclair Group and Fox News. You just can't see it, because you agree with the MSM bias.
Doesn't this President want to criticize but not be criticized?

What has he actually done besides respond to them and call them names?

How has he actually tried to stop any criticism of him?
He has eroded the confidence some Americans have in institutions like the press and federal law enforcement. He has eroded American confidence in an investigation to determine how Russia has interfered with our elections.

Further, he has divided Americans on race, on immigrants and on how the dignity of the office should be upheld.

No, Trump hasn't done any of that. The press and federal law enforcement eroded confidence in them all by their lonesomes; they're just trying to blame it on Trump. No confidence in the Russia investigation has been eroded; the people who think it's crap today thought it was crap when it started, and the people who were heavily invested in it at the start are still heavily invested in it. The positions on THAT issue are polarized and petrified.

Further, to the extent that Americans ARE divided on race, they did that to themselves long before Trump came on the scene. If you don't remember that, you might want to get some gingko biloba or something.

Forum List

Back