Should The Federal Government Oversee School Discipline?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Donald Trump has announced he will “end the leftist takeover of school discipline and juvenile justice” and allow the federal government to oversee discipline in schools if he is elected president next year. He said he will push for the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Department of Education (DOE) to take over school discipline of students."

I know you sycophants love your cult leader -- but how far does your cognitive dissonance go? How is he claiming this will end the "leftist takeover of discipline in schools" when there is no federal agency overseeing school discipline? But what he is urging for is definitely just that, the Feds taking over the disciplinary actions of schools..that means your local schools....

And when he says the Dept of Education (which I thought Conservatives wanted to abolish) and the DOJ (which conservatives want to abolish) -- whose DOJ and DOE is he talking about? The same ones yall claim he had no control over when he was president for 4 years...why do you think this time will be different?

Anyhoo, go ahead and deflect away...

If the schools are incapable of administering discipline, what's wrong with the President standing up and doing it?

This isn't the ordinary way of doing things, but we've never had such a dysfunctional union-run school system before.

Conservatives are taking their love of statism to new heights here.

Conservatives, is there any area at all in which you don't support TheState making all of the decisions?

I don’t want the Federal or State government involved in local school issues; and discipline is one of those issues. However, I do believe that we need more stringent guidelines/policies to protect faculty and students in schools and to ensure that order is maintained in the schools.

If the schools are incapable of administering discipline, what's wrong with the President standing up and doing it?

This isn't the ordinary way of doing things, but we've never had such a dysfunctional union-run school system before.
Like clockwork.....you morons will defend the very thing you were whining about the hour before...

I don’t want the Federal or State government involved in local school issues; and discipline is one of those issues. However, I do believe that we need more stringent guidelines/policies to protect faculty and students in schools and to ensure that order is maintained in the schools.
That is already a thing in most schools....there is no situation where schools are out of control and need to be taken over by the DOJ..

This is crazy hearing this from right-wingers....because when whole police departments were found to be corrupt complete with shooting unarmed people, planting drugs, false arrests -- you folks still whined when they were forced by the DOJ to stop....

But now you want this same "corrupt Deep State DOJ" to discipline your children? Or just those "others"??

Taking the news at face value, government is once again attacking the symptoms of an underlying problem (just like they always do with firearms). Most likely the underlying problem: lack of family values, lack of father figure, single parent hood and home discipline.

"Donald Trump has announced he will “end the leftist takeover of school discipline and juvenile justice” and allow the federal government to oversee discipline in schools if he is elected president next year. He said he will push for the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Department of Education (DOE) to take over school discipline of students."

I know you sycophants love your cult leader -- but how far does your cognitive dissonance go? How is he claiming this will end the "leftist takeover of discipline in schools" when there is no federal agency overseeing school discipline? But what he is urging for is definitely just that, the Feds taking over the disciplinary actions of schools..that means your local schools....

And when he says the Dept of Education (which I thought Conservatives wanted to abolish) and the DOJ (which conservatives want to abolish) -- whose DOJ and DOE is he talking about? The same ones yall claim he had no control over when he was president for 4 years...why do you think this time will be different?

Federal guidelines already exist. Obama worked on them a bit during his term as well , so did you have a problem with that?

End the Dept. Of Education and the public school system completely and leave it up to the states.
Establish state run education co-op's if they need to.

Conservatives are taking their love of statism to new heights here.

Conservatives, is there any area at all in which you don't support TheState making all of the decisions?

He talked about overhauling Federal standards. Not what you people are blathering about.

So it’s just fine when democrats tamper with federal school standards, but not Republicans right?

End the Dept. Of Education and the public school system completely and leave it up to the states.
Establish state run education co-op's if they need to.

The states overall by and large support public schools.

Terminate the Dept. Of Education & let the states manage their own educational business. I'd also like to see the federal public service union(s) fired, like the last thing we the American taxpayers need are incompetent federal bureaucrats being coddled by incompetent union goons.

Hell no.

How much power are we going to give the federal government?

Trump is not really a Republican. He just hijacked the tired old GOP elephant and rode it to victory over Hillary’s lame Donkey.

I favor letting the states run their public educational system. Currently the system is broke. Fifty individual states running their own experiments on public education might find a least one solution to the problem.

Terminate the Dept. Of Education & let the states manage their own educational business. I'd also like to see the federal public service union(s) fired, like the last thing we the American taxpayers need are incompetent federal bureaucrats being coddled by incompetent union goons.

What I said in post #12.

Forum List

Back