GOP State Rep Discusses The Benefits Of Children Dying From Abuse

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Wasilla Republican Rep. David Eastman sparked outrage online after asking whether there could be economic benefits from the death of abused children. during a Monday House Judiciary Committee hearing on adverse childhood experiences — such as physical and sexual abuse on children -- documents given to legislators estimated that when child abuse is fatal, it could cost the family and broader society $1.5 million in terms of trauma and what the child could potentially have earned over their lifetime. Eastman said that he had heard an argument, on occasion, that when child abuse is fatal, it could economically benefit a society. “It can be argued, periodically, that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment,” he said.

Rep. Cliff Groh, D-Anchorage, said he was “disturbed” by Eastman’s line of questioning after working as a prosecutor on child abuse cases. Anchorage Democratic Rep. Andrew Gray later recounted; it may not have been intended, but the implication from Eastman’s comments was that his child was better off dead. Eastman himself did not respond to an interview request. By text message, he said, ”I was pleased to hear ACT advocating against child abuse, but a child’s value comes not from future productivity, but from the fact that every child is made in the image of God.”

Why would anyone be painting a child dying from abuse as a positive anyway?? Especially if you are looking at that child's life as a matter of dollars and cents....Will this State Rep be willing to tell the family and friends of that dead child this? Funny how these same right-wing morons never have that energy about the dollars and cents saved if you stop giving corporations billions in tax breaks and subsidies, or the dollar and cents you save by cutting billions given to the defense industry -- but hey, relishing the money you'd think you save by a child dying of abuse, definitely a Conservative fixation. Why do you think they are always so eager to cut funding to everything devoted to helping that child -- while virtue signaling about "protecting the children" -- and to the right-wingers who will reflexively try to defend this...FOH!

"Wasilla Republican Rep. David Eastman sparked outrage online after asking whether there could be economic benefits from the death of abused children. during a Monday House Judiciary Committee hearing on adverse childhood experiences — such as physical and sexual abuse on children -- documents given to legislators estimated that when child abuse is fatal, it could cost the family and broader society $1.5 million in terms of trauma and what the child could potentially have earned over their lifetime. Eastman said that he had heard an argument, on occasion, that when child abuse is fatal, it could economically benefit a society. “It can be argued, periodically, that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment,” he said.

Rep. Cliff Groh, D-Anchorage, said he was “disturbed” by Eastman’s line of questioning after working as a prosecutor on child abuse cases. Anchorage Democratic Rep. Andrew Gray later recounted; it may not have been intended, but the implication from Eastman’s comments was that his child was better off dead. Eastman himself did not respond to an interview request. By text message, he said, ”I was pleased to hear ACT advocating against child abuse, but a child’s value comes not from future productivity, but from the fact that every child is made in the image of God.”

Why would anyone be painting a child dying from abuse as a positive anyway?? Especially if you are looking at that child's life as a matter of dollars and cents....Will this State Rep be willing to tell the family and friends of that dead child this? Funny how these same right-wing morons never have that energy about the dollars and cents saved if you stop giving corporations billions in tax breaks and subsidies, or the dollar and cents you save by cutting billions given to the defense industry -- but hey, relishing the money you'd think you save by a child dying of abuse, definitely a Conservative fixation. Why do you think they are always so eager to cut funding to everything devoted to helping that child -- while virtue signaling about "protecting the children" -- and to the right-wingers who will reflexively try to defend this...FOH!

^^^Look! The pro-aborts want to talk about children dying.

You mean like this right here.

Pro-life they say.....HA!!!

8d7b040e3424d15d52dfd525cc1d9597.jpg

#LOLGOP #SMHGOP

^^^Look! The pro-aborts want to talk about children dying.
I am not pro abortion...

Now instead of deflecting like I knew a bitch like you would do....how about you address why it is a good thing to see the good side of a child dying from abuse?

Sorta cold sounding but he's not wrong within the context of the argument.
The argument doesn't need to be made....

This like claiming "The holocaust saved money because you didn't have to spend anymore money on innocent victims of torture and abuse in Auschwitz."

You mean like this right here.

Since I also knew would rush to deflect......

Is Yellen relishing the money saved by abortion or is she talking about something else?

And why were GOP Senators acting all offended by this but are A-OK with lamenting the money saved from children dying from abuse?

But since you are trying to defend child abuse deaths as a good thing.....here is this....

"The remarks were disputed by Republicans on the panel, who highlighted policies that can help single mothers" <<--- problem is.....Republicans not only love demonizing single mothers every chance they get...they also love cutting every program designed to help single mothers and their children..

The same funding that the guy in my OP gets moist about saving when a child dies from abuse...

While I and probably 99.9% of all conservatives find his comments reprehensible . I also think the outrage by those who celebrate the butchering of the unborn as a right appears to be a bit specious.

Since I also knew would rush to deflect......

Is Yellen relishing the money saved by abortion or is she talking about something else?

And why were GOP Senators acting all offended by this but are A-OK with lamenting the money saved from children dying from abuse?

But since you are trying to defend child abuse deaths as a good thing.....here is this....

"The remarks were disputed by Republicans on the panel, who highlighted policies that can help single mothers" <<--- problem is.....Republicans not only love demonizing single mothers every chance they get...they also love cutting every program designed to help single mothers and their children..

The same funding that the guy in my OP gets moist about saving when a child dies from abuse...
Do you even begin to comprehend your hypocrisy, what you do in above quote we refer to as "moral relativism!" You dare take after another human being, you dare attempt to claim moral high ground you murderous filth. Fascist democrats, and their fascist base, combined to murder at least 70-million American babies, butchering them up like we do poultry and then auctioning off their murdered bodies and internal organs to the highest bidders, you animals literally industrialized infanticide to a scale that makes ancient Sumer, Caanan, Mesopotamia, Carthage, Rome, and virtually every other human sacrificing civilizations combined, pale in comparison. Currently, and with absolute total support and admiration of you Americans fascists, Canada is in process of extending state sponsored euthanasia to children absent even parental knowledge, you fucking dare, you fucking demonic filth! :fu:

This may be one of the saddest arguments I have ever heard. I'm not sure this guy is actually even human. To me he is one step away from being a serial killer.

This may be one of the saddest arguments I have ever heard. I'm not sure this guy is actually even human. To me he is one step away from being a serial killer.
According to the right-wingers who are defending it -- this is the same argument as abortion......

Except......it's not

According to the right-wingers who are defending it -- this is the same argument as abortion......

Except......it's not

Regardless I'm pro-life but I've noted many times that many that claim to be, really are not.

Forum List

Back