Should Prostitution Be Legal In America?

Apparently you couldn't comprehend them. Better luck next time oh omnipotent one! :bow3:

...I think that it should be if it could be organized in a way where those under the age of eighteen are unaware that it is legal.

Do you think that it should be legal? Why or why not?

Thanks for all answers:)

sure, why not? What a person does with their body is their business, as long as it doesn't cause harm to or infringe upon the liberty of others.

Yes. Can't regulate and make things safer if they're still illegal. Make it legal can force condom use, HIV/STI checks, etc.

US isn't even in the top 20 of freest countries.

Kudos for admitting that, but I can't give you a pass for advocating ideas to make it even less free. I kinda prefer going in the other direction.

Legalizing prostitution and regulated it to make it safer than illegal makes US freer, not less free.

Perhaps so, perhaps not. Lets legalize it then see what attempts at regulation are made before we decide if they make us more or less free.

US isn't even in the top 20 of freest countries.

Kudos for admitting that, but I can't give you a pass for advocating ideas to make it even less free. I kinda prefer going in the other direction.

Legalizing prostitution and regulated it to make it safer than illegal makes US freer, not less free.

Perhaps so, perhaps not. Lets legalize it then see what attempts at regulation are made before we decide if they make us more or less free.

I can't get mad at Dan Daly. :)

Apparently you couldn't comprehend them.

They are not hard to understand if you bother to actually read them.

I did read them. I understood them. Nothing in them changes the fact that not all adults that participate in prostitution are doing so against their will...and as has been pointed out to you numerous times, what other consenting adults do is none of your business. We all get that you think it is, but it really isn't. Despite your allusions of grandeur, you really don't know what's best for others.

When someone violates another's rights, we all agree the law should step in. Until then, try minding your own business.

...I think that it should be if it could be organized in a way where those under the age of eighteen are unaware that it is legal.

Do you think that it should be legal? Why or why not?

Thanks for all answers:)
It empowers sex-slave trafficking so imo no it shouldn't be legal.

We claim to believe in property rights in this nation, but if we do not own our own bodies, the concept of ownership is a farce.

If you own your body, you can rent it or sell it as you please.
Not all of us believe in property rights, at least not an absolute right.

Yes. Can't regulate and make things safer if they're still illegal. Make it legal can force condom use, HIV/STI checks, etc.
HIV tests for the worker, not the John. The rules don't protect the worker.

Also, looking at Nevada, workers aren't allowed to refuse any John. Normaly a private contractor or buisness has the right to refuse anyone; that's not the case with prostitution.

Forum List

Back