Should People Have Pet Skunks?

Would You Own A Pet Skunk?

• Total voters
I don't think so in my own personal opinion. A skunk uses its spray to defend itself and when people take in pet skunks nine times out of ten they remove its spray. I would never actually want to tangle with a skunk, but to watch them outside or see pictures or videos of them I think that they're beautiful. I just think that they belong in the wild and not in your house, but that's just me.

View attachment 818745

I voted no. There are many species that have symbiotic relationships. Human and sheep are a good example. Humans get warm clothes. Sheep get the luxury of survival. Humans and cats. Cats keep mice population down to protect humans from diseases carried by mice. Humans have nothing to gain from a skunk. Skunks have nothing to gain from humans. It isn’t a symbiotic relationship. Humans and dogs have a very good symbiotic relationship. Dogs have it very rough in the wild. They commonly get discarded from the pack and can rarely survive without the pack. The things humans gain from dogs is almost endless. Possums are another animal easy domesticate but possums lose a lot by becoming prisoners to humans. Humans gain nothing from a possum. Humans gain nothing from skunks. If this relationship worked skunks would already be domesticated widespread.

Cute little thing. I hope they got what they ordered.

I was very close to that skunk when I filmed it. I had the back door opened and was afraid of getting sprayed. My dad has dementia and puts all his food trash on the back porch. He likes kids meals from McDonald’s. I guess he thought his cats would like a kids meal too. He wasn’t intending to feed a skunk.

I have a longer video of that skunk but I couldn’t post it here. I may upload it to YouTube and post it later.

I was very close to that skunk when I filmed it. I had the back door opened and was afraid of getting sprayed. My dad has dementia and puts all his food trash on the back porch. He likes kids meals from McDonald’s. I guess he thought his cats would like a kids meal too. He wasn’t intending to feed a skunk.

I know as I was joking lol

Forum List

Back