Should homosexuality be considered a treatable mental disorder?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Is homosexuality a mental disorder that can be treated and if so, is it going to be covered under obamacare?

• Banned
It is not a mental disorder any more than having breasts, a dick, or both is. Would differ on Pedobears, who really do have mental health issues.

How is that different? Don't the feelings that pedophiles have for children the same as adults? Why not let pedophiles into the ring of diversity and love?

It is not a mental disorder any more than having breasts, a dick, or both is. Would differ on Pedobears, who really do have mental health issues.

How is that different? Don't the feelings that pedophiles have for children the same as adults? Why not let pedophiles into the ring of diversity and love?
Sex between consenting adults is not the same, as a pedophile sexually abusing a child.

• Banned

Sex between consenting adults is not the same, as a pedophile sexually abusing a child.

Isn't that kind of arbitrary? Many societies were actually ok with this? I think Muslim countries have child brides.

Isn't that kind of arbitrary? Many societies were actually ok with this? I think Muslim countries have child brides.
Pedophilia stems primarily from a cycle of child sexual abuse. That is what makes it a mental disorder.

In the middle ages that was common, though life spans were a lot shorter, poverty more severe, and most people were not very well educated.

Even most Muslim countries these days have age of consent laws for sexual activity, even if an arranged marriage takes place.

Pedophilia stems primarily from a cycle of child sexual abuse. That is what makes it a mental disorder.

I'm sure we can find a case where homosexuality was caused by that.

In the middle ages that was common, though life spans were a lot shorter, poverty more severe, and most people were not very well educated.

Even most Muslim countries these days have age of consent laws for sexual activity, even if an arranged marriage takes place.

In some states, it is legal to marry a 14 year old.

It can be, though sexual behaviors are still illegal till the age of consent for that state.

I'm sure we can find a case where homosexuality was caused by that.
You know what actually matters when discussing issues like this? Science. There is no empirical evidence that homosexuality results from sexual abuse. Your bigotry of homosexuality keeps you from accepting objectivity.

I do not see how homosexuality could possibly be a choice. Why would anyone choose an orientation that is condemned by at least there of the world's great religions, and hated by millions of people with no religion at all? In addition, there is the danger of AIDS.

The Communist countries were officially atheist, but every single one of them persecuted homosexuals.

So, another poster that indicates that he is a danger to children because he cannot discern the difference between what goes on between consenting adults and an adult taking advantage of a non-consenting child.

I do not believe any more. The good news being that the age of consent is going up.

Silly OP. Same sex attraction is not classified as a mental order, thus, the answer is no.

Forum List

Back