Should Gov't have Limits?

Should the government be forced to pay for emergency room care for everyone who enters a hospital that takes federal funds?

Let's cut to the chase - should the gov't have the power to force you to buy something, anything, or not buy it? Do they have the power to decide for you what's good for you and what isn't, a decision you have no say in? For example, should they be able to determine the conditions for who gets what medical treatment, based on cost analysis by a bunch of bureaucrats?

And let's not change the subject by bitching about the private insurance system. Separate issue, please stick to the basic question. Should the gov't have any limits at all?

My take: the gov't has no business making personal decisions for it's citizens. Nor does it have a responsibility to assist those who make the wrong choices. Gov't should be restricted to ONLY those functions that individual cannot do by themselves, such as national defense.

Should the government be forced to pay for emergency room care for everyone who enters a hospital that takes federal funds?

No hospitals should be able to sue anyone who doesn't pay and use other legal means such as liens and garnishments just like the government uses if you don't pay them.

There are already laws that spell out exactly how to collect a debt from private citizens.

It's true. The bad guys won. But I can't placate your demands. I'll whine as much as I want.

The bad guys won! LOL! And as a result seniors in this country have one of the highest standards of living in the world.

And their grand children will all work like galley slaves their entire lives to pay for it all, and they'll live like paupers after the government takes 80% of their income.

Thanks granny!

That's hardly true.

But that's not stopped you in the past.

There are numerous ways to fix social security before it has zero net assets sometime in 2040ish - none of which require raising the rate to 80%. You're simply being a retard and you know it.

And then people got cancer from second hand smoke and kids died in car accidents due to idiotic parents.

Yay Freedom!

Yes, freedom has consequences. No one ever said freedom was a rainbow field of unicorns. In order to be free you must be willing to accept the consequences of your own actions.

But, should I be forced to accept the consequences of YOUR actions?

Many of you seem to think I should.

In a sense you have a point. But freedom involves responsibility. It involves making choices. Not just for you but everyone. As soon as government starts to take away the freedom to make decisions that take away free thought they keep walking and making laws they think are for everyone's good. The more they are ushered in and expected to act.

They are not doing that today true. But two years ago people could smoke in bars. Five years ago you could transport a child without a car seat. Two years ago you could drive without your seat belt. Five years ago you weren't force to buy car insurance. So today you can do this I said in the beginning government will take freedom by inches.

And then people got cancer from second hand smoke and kids died in car accidents due to idiotic parents.

Yay Freedom!

Do you want government control in every facet of your life? If you do that's fine. I don't.

Do you want government to allow anyone to harm the most vulnerable in our society? I don't.

Let's cut to the chase - should the gov't have the power to force you to buy something, anything, or not buy it? Do they have the power to decide for you what's good for you and what isn't, a decision you have no say in? For example, should they be able to determine the conditions for who gets what medical treatment, based on cost analysis by a bunch of bureaucrats?

And let's not change the subject by bitching about the private insurance system. Separate issue, please stick to the basic question. Should the gov't have any limits at all?
[

My take: the gov't has no business making personal decisions for it's citizens. Nor does it have a responsibility to assist those who make the wrong choices. Gov't should be restricted to ONLY those functions that individual cannot do by themselves, such as national defense.

No hospitals should be able to sue anyone who doesn't pay and use other legal means such as liens and garnishments just like the government uses if you don't pay them.

Yeah, because most people without health insurance have plenty of things to put liens on and massive salaries to garnish.

There are already laws that spell out exactly how to collect a debt from private citizens.

Is there a law that spells out how to collect money that SOMEONE DOES NOT HAVE?

I have a friend in his 40's. He got in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was in his mid 20's. He had no health insurance. He was in a coma for 6 months. The bill was $750,000. 15 years, guess how much the hospital has successfully collected from him?

You're a fucking moron.

I can say it because no where in the law does it say you will pay a fine for not buying insurance. No wording exists that is even close to that.

You pay a fine if you can afford insurance don't have insurance. Period. There is nothing that says you must buy it.

Only a true drone would claim that isn't forcing you buy insurance. You also don't have to pay your taxes so long as you don't mind the IRS confiscating everything you own.

It's totally voluntary!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Should the government force every individual to buy health coverage? Should they pick up the tab, who knows. They do because it is what is expected.

They are not doing that today true. But two years ago people could smoke in bars. Five years ago you could transport a child without a car seat. Two years ago you could drive without your seat belt. Five years ago you weren't force to buy car insurance. So today you can do this I said in the beginning government will take freedom by inches.

Yay Freedom!

Do you want government control in every facet of your life? If you do that's fine. I don't.

Is there anyone advocating for that?

Should the government force every individual to buy health coverage? Should they pick up the tab, who knows. They do because it is what is expected.

They already do.

They already do.
And is UnConstitutional and an abridgement to Liberty and Free Will.

Get it Ace?

Should a hospital be forced to provide emergency medical care to people that have no means to pay for it?
Remove that obstacle and see how things play out out for the people responsible enough to actually take care of things.

Yeah, because most people without health insurance have plenty of things to put liens on and massive salaries to garnish.

Is there a law that spells out how to collect money that SOMEONE DOES NOT HAVE?

I have a friend in his 40's. He got in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was in his mid 20's. He had no health insurance. He was in a coma for 6 months. The bill was $750,000. 15 years, guess how much the hospital has successfully collected from him?

You're a fucking moron.

The fucking government will garnish a paycheck as small as a couple hundred bucks a week.

And just because your friend is a fucking deadbeat doesn't mean the hospital that saved his worthless life can't garnish his pay to at least recoup spme of the money he stole frm them.

Yay Freedom!

Is there anyone advocating for that?

Yes. Everyone that wants to allow the government to take control of personal decisions. The moment they get their foot in your door the more they will take.

They already do.

Did I say they didn't and I was responding to another post.

Do you want government to allow anyone to harm the most vulnerable in our society? I don't.

So you are for government controlling every facet of your life.

Just like you are for people freely being able to harm kids.

I am for people not allowing government to lead them by the nose. I am looking for people to carry some of the load. If government is making every rule you are not free you are a government drone.

Should a hospital be forced to provide emergency medical care to people that have no means to pay for it?
Remove that obstacle and see how things play out out for the people responsible enough to actually take care of things.

If the government were not there to pick up the tab would people procure insurance. If they believed they could be turned away from care would they see to it they had coverage. I think they would.
If government said everyone needs health coverage by the end of 2013 because there is no more free care people would buy insurance. The fact some know they will be covered anyway they don't own coverage.

Forum List

Back