Should fmr congresswoman McKinney be charged with treason

I do not support terrorism and neither does Cynthia McKinney.

She is in Tehran to try and have a dialogue with that democratic country.

She is there as an independent American citizen.

America is not at war with Tehran so her efforts cannot be considered treasonous.

Iran is a a sham democracy. When a council of unelected "elders" can decide who gets on the ballot and who doesnt tuhen what you have is basically a dog and pony show.
Sounds exactly like our political system with the sham Democratic and Republican parties.
Moron. It would.

I do not support terrorism and neither does Cynthia McKinney.

She is in Tehran to try and have a dialogue with that democratic country.

She is there as an independent American citizen.

America is not at war with Tehran so her efforts cannot be considered treasonous.

Iran is a a sham democracy. When a council of unelected "elders" can decide who gets on the ballot and who doesnt tuhen what you have is basically a dog and pony show.
Sounds exactly like our political system with the sham Democratic and Republican parties.

Nice try. At least there you probably have a choice between two political spectrums and ideology. Tell me how an non hard liner does currently in even getting on the ballot in Iran.

The two are not comparable. The american equivalent would be the republican and democratic parties both putting up a candidate, and then a group of 15 unelected people then deicide a short time before the election the democrat cannot run.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee is another patriotic American much like Cynthia McKinney

She champions the opressed against injustice in America.

And like Cynthia McKinney strives to make America a better place for all of its citizens.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee is another patriotic American much like Cynthia McKinney

And like Cynthia McKinney strives to make America a better place for all of its citizens.

This is sarcasm, right?

This is sarcasm, right?
Not at all.

Sheila Jackson Lee is an elected official who represents her constituents.

Cynthia McKinney is a loyal and patriotic American loves her country.

I wish that we had more like her in our government.

Our nation and people would be much better off. :cool:

You are joking, are you not?

Cynthia McKinney is a brave and courageous American citizen.

And has taken the personal initiative to start an unofficial dialogue with the democratic country of Iran.

I only wish our elected officials would follow the lead of this patriotic woman.

Anyone who goes to a foreign country that we have really bad Diplomatic relations with and a former
elected official at that and goes on the air and bad mouths our country should be called before a Congressional Committee to explain them self.

:lol:

I'm no fan of Mckinney but... uh, no. You silly fuckers are so quick to scream treason and are the loudest vacuous pussies about crying foul when you find yourselves wearing the same label.

Well, actually no little bear. I'm giving you Barryistas a chance to voice your displeasure but it seems you are too locked up in your leftie ideology to make a move one way or the other. Maybe a little L'dopa will break your trance.

Anyone who goes to a foreign country that we have really bad Diplomatic relations with and a former
elected official at that and goes on the air and bad mouths our country should be called before a Congressional Committee to explain them self.

Why give her any credibility?

I say let the attention whoring lunatic say what she wants, we don't need to give her any more attention.

I say let the attention whoring lunatic say what she wants, we don't need to give her any more attention.

She isn't a lunatic and she already has attention and credibility. Use your head. She is speaking as a former member of the House of Representaqtives. That means a lot to our enemies. You can ignore it if you are a fellow traveler or a political coward. The question is what legal venue do we have and how far are we willing to go?

She isn't a lunatic and she already has attention and credibility. Use your head. She is speaking as a former member of the House of Representaqtives. That means a lot to our enemies. You can ignore it if you are a fellow traveler or a political coward. The question is what legal venue do we have and how far are we willing to go?
I can't stand her. But, she is entitled to her opinion and she is free to state it to whomever she likes, wherever she likes, whenever she likes.

cynrhia mckinney is an insane twit.

but she's not treasonous.

you only like her because she's a terrorist supporter.

*shrug*

isn't chorting with, giving aid and abetting with the enemy a form of treason? Especially when she's in a part of the world where our soldiers are dying? At any rate she's a vile unprofessional contemptible excuse for a human being and she should make Tehran her home.

No, the most she could be charged with is sedition, but as we are technically not at war I don't believe that's even a possibility.

You are joking, are you not?

Cynthia McKinney is a brave and courageous American citizen.

And has taken the personal initiative to start an unofficial dialogue with the democratic country of Iran.

I only wish our elected officials would follow the lead of this patriotic woman.

By violating the Logan Act?

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.
1 Stat. 613, January 30, 1799, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953 (2004).​

Why do leftists think the law doesn't apply to them?

We have freedom of speech in this country. As long as she is not giving out national secrets she can say as many idiotic things as she wants

Forum List

Back