Should Churches Be Forced to Accomodate for Homosexual Adoptions?

Should Churches Be Forced to Accomodate For Homosexual Adoptions?

• Yes, if they hold general public accomodation they will have to adopt to gay couples

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
What happens to kids who age out of the system? In most states, at 18 years old they are on their own. No safety net. No parents to live with if your room-mate steals all your money or you get mugged leaving work at 1 in the morning.

Do you have any proof that any kids with Catholic Charities are being aged out of the system?

Do you have any proof that no children with Catholic Charities are aged out fo the system?

Or are you just willing to take that chance just in order to discriminate against homosexuals?

There are no orphanages. Orphanages were phased out about half a century ago. I dated a man who grew up in one of the last orphanages in the US, Boy's Town. He was very screwed up. The reason they were phased out is because of abuse and because it was an unhealthy atomosphere and environment for kids to grow up in.

There are only foster or group homes. Being raised under that kind of care is not good for kids, we see that over and over again. The best thing for a child is a stable home.

What's the precise difference between a "group home" and an orphanage? And in those situations, is or is not there public oversight on the conditions therein?
There are no orphanages. Orphanages were phased out about half a century ago. I dated a man who grew up in one of the last orphanages in the US, Boy's Town. He was very screwed up. The reason they were phased out is because of abuse and because it was an unhealthy atomosphere and environment for kids to grow up in.

There are only foster or group homes. Being raised under that kind of care is not good for kids, we see that over and over again. The best thing for a child is a stable home.

What's the precise difference between a "group home" and an orphanage? And in those situations, is or is not there public oversight on the conditions therein?

Google is a great tool to be used for research.

"Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual adoptions?"
I'm not a fan of forcing churches to do anything beyond comply with building code and employment regulations.

If I disagree with a church so much, I don't go to it, and that's what I sugest others do as well.

In so far as adoptions are concerned I know that adoption agencies can be religiously themed but they cannot perform unlawful discrimination; and even when an agency might be able to legaly discriminate against a gay couple, most won't because it's not in the best interest of the child.

What happens to kids who age out of the system? In most states, at 18 years old they are on their own. No safety net. No parents to live with if your room-mate steals all your money or you get mugged leaving work at 1 in the morning.

Do you have any proof that any kids with Catholic Charities are being aged out of the system?

Do you have any proof that no children with Catholic Charities are aged out fo the system?

Or are you just willing to take that chance just in order to discriminate against homosexuals?

Just the opposite. In order to discriminate against the church (as I have posted before), there is a much greater chance that children will be lost to the system or aged out, without the major player in the game, Catholic Charities.

"Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual adoptions?"
I'm not a fan of forcing churches to do anything beyond comply with building code and employment regulations.

If I disagree with a church so much, I don't go to it, and that's what I sugest others do as well.

In so far as adoptions are concerned I know that adoption agencies can be religiously themed but they cannot perform unlawful discrimination; and even when an agency might be able to legaly discriminatespade against a gay couple, most won't because it's not in the best interest of the child.

If we did "what was best for the children" we would make sure unsuitable parents were spade of neutered before they had kids.

The Orphan Crisis In America

May is National Foster Care Month - an important time to remember that not every child goes to sleep at night in a permanent home. In a nation that compassionately cares for "the least of these," the shockingly high number of children languishing in foster care, waiting for a home they can truly call their own, should cause each of us to take action.

The data is shocking. There are approximately 400,000 children living today in the American foster care system, of which about 100,000 are in need of an adoptive family. The vast majority of foster children are in safe placements, but they are still desperately in need of the stability and security that only a loving "forever family" can provide. There is no substitute for permanency, whether with a biological family or an adoptive one.

On average, more than 250,000 children in the U.S. enter the foster care system every year. While more than half of these children will return to their parents, the remainder will stay in the system.

One out of four foster children is available for adoption, but sadly, each year more than 20,000 children age out of foster care (around the age of 18) without being adopted. The outlook for foster youth who age out of the system is dire. Studies show that one in four will be incarcerated within two years of leaving the system, and over one-fifth will become homeless at some time after age 18. In addition, only 58 percent obtain their high school diploma by age 19, compared to the national average of 87 percent for non-foster youth.

Facts and Statistics

Children raised in orphanages have an IQ 20 points lower than their peers in foster care, according to a meta-analysis of 75 studies (more than 3,800 children in 19 countries).

Just the opposite. In order to discriminate against the church (as I have posted before), there is a much greater chance that children will be lost to the system or aged out, without the major player in the game, Catholic Charities.

Really?

Please feel free to provide the numbers.

Because right now children are aging out.

Right now there are not enough adults willing to become adoptive parents for the children who are up for adoption, so that 20,000 kids in foster care will age out of the system each year.

With no support system.
No family to support them emotionally, or financially.

There are homosexual adults who are adopting those kids before they age out of the system.

They are providing life long families for children- not Catholic Charities.

Look it up. You are spouting off about stuff you don't know anything about and calling me a layperson. I'm not here to educate you. Look it up. Inform yourself before you start pontificating on a subject.

It's common knowledge. In any situation where a child is taken into 'care,' they stay until 18 and are let loose, in a similar way convicts are let out of prison when they've done their time. These kids are then on their own as far as family. Aged out means they stay in the system until they are 18. As most kids don't get adopted when they are older, tons of kids age out of the foster care system, whether it is a Catholic charity or other. General knowledge and common sense logic.

It's common knowledge. In any situation where a child is taken into 'care,' they stay until 18 and are let loose, in a similar way convicts are let out of prison when they've done their time. These kids are then on their own as far as family. Aged out means they stay in the system until they are 18. As most kids don't get adopted when they are older, tons of kids age out of the foster care system, whether it is a Catholic charity or other. General knowledge and common sense logic.
In the case of foster care where children are removed from dangerous homes, the children are placed with family asap. If no family can or will take them, then they go to foster homes like the one my parents provided for 20 years. If there are no homes open, then they get placed in a group home.

In the case of foster care where children are removed from dangerous homes, the children are placed with family asap. If no family can or will take them, then they go to foster homes like the one my parents provided for 20 years. If there are no homes open, then they get placed in a group home.
Yes, absolutely right. I didn't specific they age out of a group home or foster home: it is both. It is the foster care/group home system they age out of.
I don't know for sure what you mean by 'placed with a family asap.' If you mean adopted, a lot of kids are not adoptable because they still have parents and full parental rights have not been taken away, though they do not live with their parents. Most kids placed in 'care' by Children's Services, whether it is a foster home or a group home, are not adoptable for various reasons. Also, most of the time the parental rights are not severed. My foster daughter's parents had her every weekend, all weekend long, though she lived with me. Only in extreme cases are the parental ties fully severed.

Listen, if they are in the Catholic Charities then they ARE IN THE SYSTEM. Once they turn 18 they are aged out of the system. This is not the system of 100 years ago.

Children raised in orphanages have an IQ 20 points lower than their peers in foster care, according to a meta-analysis of 75 studies (more than 3,800 children in 19 countries).

Being in foster care turns you black?

Why am I not surprised by that comment?

Do you disagree that blacks are generally 20 points behind their peers IQ wise?

I was not- and am not surprised that it was important to you to tell us that blacks have lower IQ.

The Orphan Crisis In America

May is National Foster Care Month - an important time to remember that not every child goes to sleep at night in a permanent home. In a nation that compassionately cares for "the least of these," the shockingly high number of children languishing in foster care, waiting for a home they can truly call their own, should cause each of us to take action.

The data is shocking. There are approximately 400,000 children living today in the American foster care system, of which about 100,000 are in need of an adoptive family. The vast majority of foster children are in safe placements, but they are still desperately in need of the stability and security that only a loving "forever family" can provide. There is no substitute for permanency, whether with a biological family or an adoptive one.

On average, more than 250,000 children in the U.S. enter the foster care system every year. While more than half of these children will return to their parents, the remainder will stay in the system.

One out of four foster children is available for adoption, but sadly, each year more than 20,000 children age out of foster care (around the age of 18) without being adopted. The outlook for foster youth who age out of the system is dire. Studies show that one in four will be incarcerated within two years of leaving the system, and over one-fifth will become homeless at some time after age 18. In addition, only 58 percent obtain their high school diploma by age 19, compared to the national average of 87 percent for non-foster youth.

Facts and Statistics

Again, you don't put a child from bad to worse:

gaynakedparadecensored_zpsfeb97900.jpg

Yes, absolutely right. I didn't specific they age out of a group home or foster home: it is both. It is the foster care/group home system they age out of.
I don't know for sure what you mean by 'placed with a family asap.' If you mean adopted, a lot of kids are not adoptable because they still have parents and full parental rights have not been taken away, though they do not live with their parents. Most kids placed in 'care' by Children's Services, whether it is a foster home or a group home, are not adoptable for various reasons. Also, most of the time the parental rights are not severed. My foster daughter's parents had her every weekend, all weekend long, though she lived with me. Only in extreme cases are the parental ties fully severed.

Kudos for you to providing a foster home. I don't feel up to the challenge- I have family and friends who have stepped up to the plate and had foster kids, and I admire everyone who offers a good foster home to these kids.

I posted these numbers before but I want to post them again

Forum List

Back