Frontier Airline Passengers Now Being Contacted for Ebola Exposure

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
A brief report live on television: The newest patient flew on Frontier Airlines 1143 with 132 passengers on Monday and so the airline is now contacting all passengers that were on the flight with her. Holy phuck.

I would not recommend boarding flights, use a ship..

The spread of this things is starting to materialize as being somewhat exponential. I just called a friend who I knew had flown home from Texas earlier this week. Luckily she left on Sunday.

From the Huffington Post article it seems that ebola patients have uncontrollable, projectile vomiting (as well as uncontrollable diarrhea).

So I guess if you are within the trajectory and range of said projectile vomit, you could call that airborne transmission.

You know they keep saying, don't worry, if you were on the flight, there was no close contact, but they are contacting all passengers. What if she sneezed or coughed on someone? What if she used the toilet on the plane and you sat on it after her, or used the sink and turned it on the same as her and she had any fluid in her hand? I am sure it happens. What if she had a drink on the plane? The flight attendant grabs the cup to throw it away.

She is being transferred to Emory. CDC has also said she should not have been flying. And her fever was 99.5 not 99.6.

So, turns out she flew knowing she had a fever of 99.6.
Did she? I read she flew before she had any symptoms.
Just now reported.
The second nurse infected with Ebola at a Texas hospital was identified Wednesday, as authorities expressed concern that she took a domestic flight just one day before coming down with symptoms of the deadly disease.

Second Ebola-infected nurse ID d flew domestic flight day before diagnosis Fox News

You know they keep saying, don't worry, if you were on the flight, there was no close contact, but they are contacting all passengers. What if she sneezed or coughed on someone? What if she used the toilet on the plane and you sat on it after her, or used the sink and turned it on the same as her and she had any fluid in her hand? I am sure it happens. What if she had a drink on the plane? The flight attendant grabs the cup to throw it away.

Considering that the CDC has a 3' distance rule, the width of the damn aisle in an airplane isn't 3'. And in the rows you are shoulder-to-shoulder with other passengers. I ain't flying nowhere anytime soon, not until they get a wrap around this thing.

She would have to sneeze or cough vomit or blood directly into a persons mouth or open cut.

Ebola is not airborne.

The reason these nurses got ebola is they didn't follow protocols. They touched the mucus, vomit, blood of the patient then touched their face around the nose or lips --

Fluids/virus can live on non porous surfaces for a few hours if not disinfected

She would have to sneeze or cough vomit or blood directly into a persons mouth or open cut.

Ebola is not airborne.

The reason these nurses got ebola is they didn't follow protocols. They touched the mucus, vomit, blood of the patient then touched their face around the nose or lips --

That was the original story. The cdc, just a bit ago, in their conference changed their original statement. They said she flew with fever of 99.5. They aren't calling it a symptom though, just a fever, which is what the 1st nurse went to the hospital with, was a low grade fever. So a play on words.
The link I posted was from Fox News saying she flew BEFORE she had any symptoms.

Which is correct?

That was the original story. The cdc, just a bit ago, in their conference changed their original statement. They said she flew with fever of 99.5. They aren't calling it a symptom though, just a fever, which is what the 1st nurse went to the hospital with, was a low grade fever. So a play on words.
The link I posted was from Fox News saying she flew BEFORE she had any symptoms.

Which is correct?
Link?

Forum List

Back